Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Okay, there is only one storyline for this game: Tanner Morgan had the best game of any Big Ten quarterback of the entire history of the Big Ten today. The impossible just happened. We just grew our helmet size today. The kid is not just starting, he IS the STARTER from now on. Annexstad will have to be absolutely amazing to beat TM out of the job.
    You can call me Shirley. The "S" has to stand for something!

The amount of groaning on here after a Big Ten road game you’d think we lost rather than dominated before a late run by Purdue.
    "A lot of guys look good running around in underwear." - 414GopherFan

This is a 6-6 Team by years end. May go 6-0 and lose the last 6 games. Here comes another Pizza Bowl!
    Yes, I did win the Gopherhole 2016 Bracket Challenge - Yes, it was a total fluke.

Quote Originally Posted by GopherinPhilly View Post
    This is a 6-6 Team by years end. May go 6-0 and lose the last 6 games. Here comes another Pizza Bowl!
    They'll be 8-0 with college gameday coming for Penn State.

All that matters is what Brohm says in the post game presser.

I heard he is the gold standard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're ridiculous. Thanks for the laugh

You might be right. As of right now they’re 4-0. Try and enjoy it. I know it’s hard but give it a try.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flash30 View Post
    Positives

Tanner Morgan with a breakout passing game.
    Bateman is a first round NFL talent.
    Johnson is going to be good at the next level.
    A TE sighting after hearing so much about how the group is going to do BIG things.

Negatives

Tackling. The defense whiffed on so many tackles it felt like the juke stick on rookie mode in madden.
    Offensive line can’t protect and can’t run block.
    Special teams minus the punter.
    Laughable! Bateman is all world by Gopher standards, first round draft choice, NO!

Blog Entries

No Mo Ibraham today?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonTXGopher View Post
    Laughable! Bateman is all world by Gopher standards, first round draft choice, NO!
    No clue where any of the Gopher WR will be drafted.

Bateman & Johnson right now look like they will get a chance to play on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonTXGopher View Post
    No Mo Ibraham today?
    I thought i saw Mo in there for one play at least. He probably is not really healthy yet, and since Smith looked very shifty, and was effective, despite the bad blocking he stayed on the sideline.

Shannon Brooks did not really have much of a chance to do anything, as the defenders were on him almost immediately the few times he had a carry. I expect Shannon will look more like himself as the year goes on though.

Morgan was great for sure, but a lot of credit needs to go to the OC. They saw the weakness and just hammered at it. If I was a Purdue fan and saw that RPO work time and again for huge chunks, I would have smashed my TV.

Quote Originally Posted by WoodburyTim View Post
    Morgan was great for sure, but a lot of credit needs to go to the OC. They saw the weakness and just hammered at it. If I was a Purdue fan and saw that RPO work time and again for huge chunks, I would have smashed my TV.
    The receivers make those long runs after the catch because the passes are absolute strikes, and delivered at the perfect moment. Morgan hits those guys right in stride, time after time, and because the receivers are great athletes they simply outrun the defense.

If we can simply get our run blocking back to late last season's level, we will be awfully hard to defense.
    --------------

"7 National Titles...

... But Let's Not Get Carried Away".

If there ever was a trap game, next week is the one. Can't overlook Illinois with Nebraska coming on 10/12.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk