Elijah Sindelar

This is going to be like that episode of Coach, where they save Sindelar until a critical game winning drive in the 4th, right?

It's been kind of amusing the last week to watch this mini soap opera unfold. It's been played out in the media, and a lot on this board, like Sindelar is some All-American Heismann trophy candidate whose presence in this game is anxiously anticipated by all the world.

I mean, no doubt, him starting is better for the Boilers, but really, he's not that great. He may lead them to a home win today over an unranked Gopher team, but is that a massive accomplishment?

This is going to be like that episode of Coach, where they save Sindelar until a critical game winning drive in the 4th, right?

I vaguely remember that episode. Wasn't he in a wheelchair too?

It's been kind of amusing the last week to watch this mini soap opera unfold. It's been played out in the media, and a lot on this board, like Sindelar is some All-American Heismann trophy candidate whose presence in this game is anxiously anticipated by all the world.

I mean, no doubt, him starting is better for the Boilers, but really, he's not that great. He may lead them to a home win today over an unranked Gopher team, but is that a massive accomplishment?

I mean he was leading the nation in total passing yards through 3 weeks despite only playing in two games. He' pretty good and there is a massive drop off to his backup. It is a big deal for this game.

Warming up is one thing, playing is another and taking a hit in the game is something else entirely. If he plays I’m coming hard after him if I’m the Gophers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He’s good. His backup is not. It is a big deal.

I mean he was leading the nation in total passing yards through 3 weeks despite only playing in two games. He' pretty good and there is a massive drop off to his backup. It is a big deal for this game.

No doubt, he's better than their backup. But wowzers, the Nevada and Vandy defenses he lit up? Vandy could be the worst defense in the nation.

Purdue is at home, I like their chances for that reason only. But it's still Purdue.

Shouldn’t this kid be playing for Clemson or Alabama? Purdue is an odd choice.

Sindelar "in" means a quality win...

for the Gophers.

On another note...where's Beavcoon?

His NCAA career may be over.

Last edited:

I honestly think we might have done better against Sindelar. Plummer is much more mobile and eluded a ton of pressure that I think Sindelar wouldn’t have.

I honestly think we might have done better against Sindelar. Plummer is much more mobile and eluded a ton of pressure that I think Sindelar wouldn’t have.

Agreed.

Plummer started the last game and practiced for the last 2 weeks as the starter. He was much more ready to play than Sindelar.

HIs NCAA career may be over.

You well may be right. Those head injuries can be nasty. Now he has a choice, a so-so college football career, or a successful life as a whole.

You well may be right. Those head injuries can be nasty. Now he has a choice, a so-so college football career, or a successful life as a whole.

Looked to be a pretty significant injury to his throwing shoulder, plus a rung bell.

Top Bottom