Page 78 of 183 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128178 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 2741

Quote Originally Posted by howeda7 View Post
    I don't believe this anymore than I believed all the other exposed lies so far in this sham, but so what if he did?
    If at first you don’t succeed, then maybe you just suck. – Kenny Powers

Quote Originally Posted by Costa Rican Gopher View Post
    I don't believe this anymore than I believed all the other exposed lies so far in this sham, but so what if he did?
    No kidding. Rumor is that Trump directs ambassador to tell the truth!! Impeach!!

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

So you are saying that Sondland is going to be believable but idiotic? He will say that the President was good but bad?

Personally, I remain most interested in the actual transcript- the one in which there was no quid pro quo.

This is a little different- per CNN:

Sondland is expected to tell Congress that for months before that text message exchange, he worked at the direction of Giuliani to secure a public statement from Ukraine that it would investigate corruption, according to the Post. In exchange for the statement, the President would grant Ukraine's new president a White House audience, the Post reported.
    "It was a quid pro quo, but not a corrupt one," the person familiar with Sondland's testimony told the Post.
    Sondland declined to comment to the Post through his lawyers. The White House did not respond to a request for comment from the Post.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/12/polit...quo/index.html

It sounds like: We will give you a meeting in exchange for announcing that you will look into corruption. Sounds good to me.

CNN also pointed out in the article : There is no evidence of wrongdoing by the Bidens.

LOL!
    Last edited by bga1; 10-12-2019 at 09:45 PM.

So a White House meeting = extortion in your eyes. Cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Now you have him! This is it!

Schiff is now so worried about his hack whistleblower that he no longer wants him to testify. Here is the dishonest Adam on Face the Nation:

REP. SCHIFF: Well our primary interest right now is making sure that that person is protected. Indeed, now there’s more than one whistleblower, that they are protected. And given that we already have the call record, we don’t need the whistleblower who wasn’t on the call to tell us what took place during the call. We have the best evidence of that. We do want to make sure that we identify other evidence that is pertinent to the withholding of the military support, the effort to cover this up by hiding this in a classified computer system. We want to make sure that we uncover the full details about the conditionality of either the military aid or that meeting with Ukraine’s president. It may not be necessary to take steps that might reveal the whistleblower’s identity to do that. And we’re going to make sure we protect that whistleblower.

Here is a tremendous article by Matt Taibbi a liberal who clearly cannot stand Trump. He is intellectually honest enough to understand the issues with the attempt at a coup he sees.

https://taibbi.substack.com/p/were-in-a-permanent-coup

Long article but well worth reading and thinking about. Here's a quick excerpt:

My discomfort in the last few years, first with Russiagate and now with Ukrainegate and impeachment, stems from the belief that the people pushing hardest for Trump’s early removal are more dangerous than Trump. Many Americans don’t see this because they’re not used to waking up in a country where you’re not sure who the president will be by nightfall. They don’t understand that this predicament is worse than having a bad president.

The Trump presidency is the first to reveal a full-blown schism between the intelligence community and the White House. Senior figures in the CIA, NSA, FBI and other agencies made an open break from their would-be boss before Trump’s inauguration, commencing a public war of leaks that has not stopped.

I'm trying to connect the dots with what he's saying...Is he really trying to argue that the president might need to be impeached because he disagreed with his advisers?

Quote Originally Posted by Gopherlife View Post
    I'm trying to connect the dots with what he's saying...Is he really trying to argue that the president might need to be impeached because he disagreed with his advisers?
    That's what TDS looks like. Kristol has a terminal case of it. He's in sad shape.

In other news- analysis shows that Fox's pollster cooked the books- way over sampled Dems: https://nypost.com/2019/10/12/fox-ne...poll-analysis/

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gopherlife View Post
    No. That we need to find out why he decided to do Turkey's bidding.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bga1 View Post
    That's what TDS looks like. Kristol has a terminal case of it. He's in sad shape.

In other news- analysis shows that Fox's pollster cooked the books- way over sampled Dems: https://nypost.com/2019/10/12/fox-ne...poll-analysis/
    Fox News is skewwed! A bunch of hacks.