Page 74 of 179 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124174 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 2673

Quote Originally Posted by saintpaulguy View Post
    That 10% included a certain game show host from New York.
    Yes. He asked the question. For the life of me, I don't see the problem with asking the question and getting Obama to clear it up. I have no problem with that, even though I thought it highly likely that Obama was born in Hawaii. There is no reason that the American people should not have been allowed to be confident of something that is actually a legal requirement for being President (unlike exposing tax returns).

Quote Originally Posted by bga1 View Post
    Yes. He asked the question. For the life of me, I don't see the problem with asking the question and getting Obama to clear it up. I have no problem with that, even though I thought it highly likely that Obama was born in Hawaii. There is no reason that the American people should not have been allowed to be confident of something that is actually a legal requirement for being President (unlike exposing tax returns).
    We've been through this a thousand time, but it is because Trump claimed to have evidence that Obama was not an American, and continues to babble stupid stuff like hinting the doctor who signed the birth certificate was murdered as part of a cover up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Gopher View Post
    This and the polls...

I truly think more and more right-leaning people are recognizing this as an existential threat to the viability or even future existence of the Republican party. It's already facing a tough future considering that its old, angry base won't live forever, but this could hasten its demise. And honestly, I have the same concerns. I've said this before, that we need a sane and sensible conservative party to balance potential liberal excess. We don't have that right now.
    The problem for you on the polls Bad is twofold:
    1. The pollsters are getting samples that lean way too far D. The Fox poll was +14 D in order to get 51% to say yes on impeachment. I just think Ds are easier to get for the pollsters and they are lazy (actually that's the kindest assumption one can make). The real generic ballot is +5 D right now. So that's a 9 point over sample of Ds.

2. It is likely that less than 5% of Americans have read the transcript of the phone call. 75% know the WB claims - through the media and the claims do not match the transcript- not even close. A fair minded person who reads the transcript cannot impeach off of that. If this actually goes to the Senate- the transcript would be read to a national TV audience and it would be an embarrassment for the Dems (if in fact the Dems can actually get embarrassed any more). Furthermore the public will find that the WB colluded with Schiff to get this done. It was a coordinated attack- not a real WB. The Dems are going to try to keep him anonymous to hide the relationships with Biden and Schiff, but it's not going to work.

You are reading that three/four WH officials were horrified when they heard what happened on the call? They weren't horrified about Trump being corrupt. They were horrified about the corruption that Trump was trying to uncover- which leads right back to the Democrat side. Joe Biden and the whole Obama administration has a lot to hide in Ukraine.

The problem for you on the polls Bad is twofold:
    1. The pollsters are getting samples that lean way too far D. The Fox poll was +14 D in order to get 51% to say yes on impeachment. I just think Ds are easier to get for the pollsters and they are lazy (actually that's the kindest assumption one can make). The real generic ballot is +5 D right now. So that's a 9 point over sample of Ds.

2. It is likely that less than 5% of Americans have read the transcript of the phone call. 75% know the WB claims - through the media and the claims do not match the transcript- not even close. A fair minded person who reads the transcript cannot impeach off of that. If this actually goes to the Senate- the transcript would be read to a national TV audience and it would be an embarrassment for the Dems (if in fact the Dems can actually get embarrassed any more). Furthermore the public will find that the WB colluded with Schiff to get this done. It was a coordinated attack- not a real WB. The Dems are going to try to keep him anonymous to hide the relationships with Biden and Schiff, but it's not going to work.

You are reading that three/four WH officials were horrified when they heard what happened on the call? They weren't horrified about Trump being corrupt. They were horrified about the corruption that Trump was trying to uncover- which leads right back to the Democrat side. Joe Biden and the whole Obama administration has a lot to hide in Ukraine.
    A for Effort

We've been through this a thousand time, but it is because Trump claimed to have evidence that Obama was not an American, and continues to babble stupid stuff like hinting the doctor who signed the birth certificate was murdered as part of a cover up.
    When did he last babble this? Can you dig that out for me? Yes Trump had sources that said Obama's certificate was not legit. So he asked him for it. Obama produced the certificate. Trump said this during the campaign:

(Sept. 2016)

"President Barack Obama was born in the United States. Period," Trump said while briefly addressing the subject at the end of a campaign event at his newly built hotel in Washington.

Trump- Aug. 22, 2013, "Why are people upset w/ me over Pres Obama’s birth certificate? I got him to release it, or whatever it was, when nobody else could!"

Wasn't Hillary actually ahead of Trump on trying to expose Obama as having Kenyan roots??
    Last edited by bga1; 10-11-2019 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tredwell View Post
    A for Effort
    Thank you. Also an A for content, obviously.

Isn’t it great to have an Attorney General, DOJ, and FBI that brings people to justice regardless of their political affiliations and how impacts the news narrative?

It’s great having a real Attorney General that won’t bury stories that the MSM will no doubt use to throw shade on the President and his associates.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerGopherFan View Post
    Isn’t it great to have an Attorney General, DOJ, and FBI that brings people to justice regardless of their political affiliations and how impacts the news narrative?

It’s great having a real Attorney General that won’t bury stories that the MSM will no doubt use to throw shade on the President and his associates.
    Howie told me Barr is the worst

When did he last babble this? Can you dig that out for me? Yes Trump had sources that said Obama's certificate was not legit. So he asked him for it. Obama produced the certificate. Trump said this during the campaign:

(Sept. 2016)

"President Barack Obama was born in the United States. Period," Trump said while briefly addressing the subject at the end of a campaign event at his newly built hotel in Washington.

Trump- Aug. 22, 2013, "Why are people upset w/ me over Pres Obama’s birth certificate? I got him to release it, or whatever it was, when nobody else could!"

Quote Originally Posted by Cruze View Post
    Last edited by Cruze; Today at ......
    Quote Originally Posted by Tredwell View Post

Last edited by Treadwell; Today at .....
    This is pretty much all I see when Cruze/Tredwell post here.
    - Respect is the ultimate currency

Obama release his long form in 2011. That should have ended it. It took five years for Trump to finally stop the conspiracy stuff.
    Here is a nice survey of the quotes--this is not a man simply curious.

https://www.cnn.com/2016/09/09/polit...her/index.html

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ogee Oglethorpe View Post
    This is pretty much all I see when Cruze/Tredwell post here.
    Cruze has many sock puppets. Good old UNN.

Quote Originally Posted by TruthSeeker View Post
    Cruze has many sock puppets. Good old UNN.
    They will always be Broke to me. Just Broke being Broke, same as always.
    - Respect is the ultimate currency

This and the polls...

I truly think more and more right-leaning people are recognizing this as an existential threat to the viability or even future existence of the Republican party. It's already facing a tough future considering that its old, angry base won't live forever, but this could hasten its demise. And honestly, I have the same concerns. I've said this before, that we need a sane and sensible conservative party to balance potential liberal excess. We don't have that right now.
    It's a scary path that the repubs are embracing....all in the name of the stupidest president in recent history. They are ready to adopt a new age of Mccarthyism. You don't have to go very far to see it. We have our own junior league of Mccarthys here on the board. CostaRicanTinman, booj, KFC, deuce, ogee, a bunch of stupid unnotables that cannot formulate sentences....

So, everybody who worked with Biden ever is in the tank for him?
    Dude flew on AF2 with Biden to Ukraine at least once. Coincidentally Biden is being investigated for high level corruption in Ukraine. Quite the string of coincidences.

The truth is, this Ukraine impeachment thing is dead in the water.
    If at first you don’t succeed, then maybe you just suck. – Kenny Powers