Page 70 of 174 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120170 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 2605
  1. #1036

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Section2 View Post
    Ah, now there's "supposed to be a trial". There are procedures suddenly. And we just KNOW those awful Republicans won't follow precedents. But we don't have to because we're better than you. The House can do whatever it wants, but the Senate is bound to do what we want. and we can just predict what they'll do, and then break our own rules because of it.
    Normal rules have never applied to Mitch McConnell. Demorats will NEVER forget how he delayed filling a Supreme Court seat for over a year to prevent Obama from filling it. This is a political process because McConnell has promised to make it one. He is going to kill the impeachment as soon as he and his toadies in the the Senate get their hands on it. Pelosi is just playing by his rules like everyone else has had to do for the last 8-10 years. Get over it.


    Mitch McConnell: Impeachment will fail with me as Senate majority leader

    “I would have no choice but to take it up,” the Kentucky Republican told CNBC. “How long you are on it is a different matter, but I would have no choice but to take it up based on a Senate rule on impeachment.”

    https://www.axios.com/mitch-mccconne...fa74ba8ae.html

    https://www.axios.com/mitch-mcconnel...c2e5cae76.html
    Last edited by Cruze; 10-10-2019 at 03:58 PM.


  2. #1037

    Default

    It's not only Mitch McConnell saying it. The GOP isn't going to give the Democrats the time of day in the Senate. So Pelosi isn't going to give them sh*t in the House. There is zero doubt that Mitch secretly admires the approach she is taking. It's almost like she learned it from him.


    Senate Republicans Say They Would Kill Trump Impeachment Charges Instantly

    Some supporters of impeachment proceedings against the president may well be imagining a dramatic, extended Senate trial dramatizing his thuggish and arguably criminal behavior in the brightest of spotlights just before the electorate passes judgment on his reelection bid. Even if he’s not removed from office via a conviction, they figure, the trial will be decisive in the court of public opinion.

    Senate Republicans are making it clear that scenario isn’t happening, as The Hill reports: GOP senators say that if the House passes articles of impeachment against President Trump they will quickly quash them in the Senate, where Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) has broad authority to set the parameters of a trial. While McConnell is required to act on articles of impeachment, which require 67 votes — or a two-thirds majority — to convict the president, he and his Republican colleagues have the power to set the rules and ensure the briefest of trials. “I think it would be disposed of very quickly,” said Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.).

    http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/...instantly.html

  3. #1038

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cruze View Post
    It's not only Mitch McConnell saying it. The GOP isn't going to give the Democrats the time of day in the Senate. So Pelosi isn't going to give them sh*t in the House. There is zero doubt that Mitch secretly admires the approach she is taking. It's almost like she learned it from him.


    Senate Republicans Say They Would Kill Trump Impeachment Charges Instantly

    Some supporters of impeachment proceedings against the president may well be imagining a dramatic, extended Senate trial dramatizing his thuggish and arguably criminal behavior in the brightest of spotlights just before the electorate passes judgment on his reelection bid. Even if he’s not removed from office via a conviction, they figure, the trial will be decisive in the court of public opinion.

    Senate Republicans are making it clear that scenario isn’t happening, as The Hill reports: GOP senators say that if the House passes articles of impeachment against President Trump they will quickly quash them in the Senate, where Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) has broad authority to set the parameters of a trial. While McConnell is required to act on articles of impeachment, which require 67 votes — or a two-thirds majority — to convict the president, he and his Republican colleagues have the power to set the rules and ensure the briefest of trials. “I think it would be disposed of very quickly,” said Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.).

    http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/...instantly.html
    It's a sham. Therefore it would be disposed of quickly. The Dems have had the House for nearly a year and have done nothing but try to undo the 2016 election. This latest attempt- the 4th time they have run impeachment up the flag- is just as big of a farce as the other 3. The Dems are wasting their time. What they should do is put forward an agenda and show the country what they would get if the Dems were in full control. Oh wait...that would hurt them, because the agenda stinks. Sorry, I now see their problem after thinking it through out loud.

  4. #1039

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tredwell View Post
    Maybe by the time they decide to "make it official" this number will be 75%




    +9 from July
    So it turns out that this poll sampled Dems 48-34 or +14. The generic ballot is Dems +6 - so this is an 8 point oversample of Ds. Nevermind the twitter source- I don't trust them except that they posted the actual demographics from the poll - that's real factual information.


  5. #1040
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Shoreview
    Posts
    14,746

    Default


  6. #1041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Gopher View Post
    Or maybe none of those were shoes. But by throwing objects repeatedly, we're trying to keep up the appearance that there has been an avalanche of shoes. Some call that gas-lighting.

  7. #1042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cruze View Post
    Normal rules have never applied to Mitch McConnell. Demorats will NEVER forget how he delayed filling a Supreme Court seat for over a year to prevent Obama from filling it. This is a political process because McConnell has promised to make it one. He is going to kill the impeachment as soon as he and his toadies in the the Senate get their hands on it. Pelosi is just playing by his rules like everyone else has had to do for the last 8-10 years. Get over it.


    Mitch McConnell: Impeachment will fail with me as Senate majority leader

    “I would have no choice but to take it up,” the Kentucky Republican told CNBC. “How long you are on it is a different matter, but I would have no choice but to take it up based on a Senate rule on impeachment.”

    https://www.axios.com/mitch-mccconne...fa74ba8ae.html

    https://www.axios.com/mitch-mcconnel...c2e5cae76.html
    So he's just following the rules. Sorry, elections have consequences.

  8. #1043

    Default

    If/when Donald is impeached, S2,KGF,et al will be on here posting how he wasn’t really impeached and in fact lives on as president in the upside down.

  9. #1044

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Section2 View Post
    So he's just following the rules. Sorry, elections have consequences.
    High crimes and misdemeanors have consequences too, deuce.

  10. #1045
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    36,669
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MnplsGopher View Post
    If/when Donald is impeached, S2,KGF,et al will be on here posting how he wasn’t really impeached and in fact lives on as president in the upside down.
    After the election, they will certainly be telling us that (Insert Amount Trump lost by + 2 million) ILLEGALS voted for the Dem.

  11. #1046

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MnplsGopher View Post
    If/when Donald is impeached, S2,KGF,et al will be on here posting how he wasn’t really impeached and in fact lives on as president in the upside down.
    Come on howie...MG wants to be in your group. He really really really wants to be in.

    Won’t you let him in?

  12. #1047

    Default

    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...s&rid=11357656

    Joe Biden worked with whistleblower when he was vice president, officials reveal

    The 2020 Democratic candidate with whom the CIA whistleblower had a "professional" tie is Joe Biden, according to intelligence officers and former White House officials.

    Lawyers for the whistleblower said he had worked only "in the executive branch." The Washington Examiner has established that he is a career CIA analyst who was detailed to the National Security Council at the White House and has since left. On Sept. 26, the New York Times reported that he was a CIA officer. On Oct. 4, the newspaper added that he "was detailed to the National Security Council at one point."
    ...

  13. #1048

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by howeda7 View Post
    After the election, they will certainly be telling us that (Insert Amount Trump lost by + 2 million) ILLEGALS voted for the Dem.
    Iíll tell you what we wonít be doing: whining 3 years later.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #1049
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    6,265
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    4 Ukrainians indicted on funneling money into a pro Trump superpak, and one Russian implicated but not yet charged. All were meeting with Giuliani 2 hours before their arrest. The amount they funneled in total amounts to more than $1,000,000.00 dollars. The Ukrainians, no doubt, were the middle men for Russians. But, the ties their run shallow. Giuliani is toast. These boys will sing for freedom or reduced sentences. I will bet there was discussion on phones with these guys and that the NSA intercepted the calls between Giuliani and the money men. And, I will bet that none of you morons will suggest that this amount is far greater and far more illegal than Biden's kid. We are talking election tampering by the Trump team on a grand scale and has a broad base of bad actors involved.

    Any Republican that suggests that this is okay activity is purely unpatriotic morons and Russian stoolies, plain and simple.

    Dig yourself further guys. You make America proud for your patriotism -- yeah, right!
    You can call me Shirley. The "S" has to stand for something!

  15. #1050

    Default All Things Impeachment Inquiry

    Quote Originally Posted by Section2 View Post
    Iíll tell you what we wonít be doing: whining 3 years later.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You are correct, deuce. Youíll be whining thirty years later.
    You were whining about Jimmy Carter well into the 2000ís. You are still whining about Bill Clinton, and we would all go back to the 90ís, without question. (Maybe not you-1850ís). Hillary and Obama will be you 100 year obsessions.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jamiche; 10-10-2019 at 06:18 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •