***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT PURDUE IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Jeshurun

King of the Too's
Reaction score
Official Gophers at Purdon't Game Thread

T-28 hours until game time.

What is the O/U on number of times Shannon Brooks faceplants a Purdue safety?

I don't know for sure, but I am thinking we tenderize their defense with Mr. Ibrahim, and Mr. Smith first. Maybe won't see him till the second quarter or later?

I hope we see a play with all the of them on the field at once. Maybe 2 in the back, one lined up wide.

Is there a play we could run with all the in the back field?

I hope we see a play with all the of them on the field at once. Maybe 2 in the back, one lined up wide.

Is there a play we could run with all the in the back field?

Wishbone Baby!

If the Gophers are serious about contending for the Big Ten West, this is a game you simply have to win. The close non-conference wins don't matter anymore, what matters is that they could have every reason to be 0-3 right now and they are 3-0.

They're a decent football team if they get out of their own way. Sam Renner said it best on Tuesday, they got humbled and run over at Maryland last year to start the Big Ten. I'd like to think getting tested 3 times in the non-conference has them ready for Saturday. The first Big Ten road game is always a little ugly, it would be great to get Shannon off to a fast start.

If the Gophers are serious about contending for the Big Ten West, this is a game you simply have to win. The close non-conference wins don't matter anymore, what matters is that they could have every reason to be 0-3 right now and they are 3-0.

They're a decent football team if they get out of their own way. Sam Renner said it best on Tuesday, they got humbled and run over at Maryland last year to start the Big Ten. I'd like to think getting tested 3 times in the non-conference has them ready for Saturday. The first Big Ten road game is always a little ugly, it would be great to get Shannon off to a fast start.

Feel like this is one that they can absolutely set the tone early and win a game, which is typically impossible. Get up 7 or 14 early, and it would not surprise me to see Purdue implode. Come out lazy and/or with turnovers, it will be down to the wire game

Brooks will not see much time, he is available for the game. No guarantee he will even play. My guess is he will be given some carries when it will not matter.

Agree. "Prove it" game.

Hard to image they aren't "serious" or what that would actually mean...

It feels like forever since we've had a game. Not a fan of bye-weeks, unless said bye week fixes our offensive line woes.

It's Big Ten season time, big boy football time.

Shannon Brooks is back and that outta fire up the squad.

GET 'ER DONE FLECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jesse Palmer picked the Gophers to win and cover the spread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I firmly believe that we'll beat Purdue by 20.

I'm basing that off of nothing except my blind hatred for Purdue--which is only eclipsed by my blind hatred for Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, Penn State, Maryland, Nebraska, Iowa, Northwestern, and Wisconsin.

Jesse Palmer picked the Gophers to win and cover the spread.

Is that a blessing or curse?

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

I'm basing that off of nothing except my blind hatred for Purdue--which is only eclipsed by my blind hatred for Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, Penn State, Maryland, Nebraska, Iowa, Northwestern, and Wisconsin.
You have a lot of hatred. I bottle all of mine up for Wisconsin

Mods... There are 2 "official" Purdue game threads.... Merge?

No hate reserved in your heart for Rutgers?

Post of the Day!

First legitimate game today.

First three opponents, combined +13 point differential, have a combined zero FBS wins.

Purdue has one.

Brooks will not see much time, he is available for the game. No guarantee he will even play. My guess is he will be given some carries when it will not matter.

Yeah. No coach would ever run a guy coming off a serious injury so much that he tears his knee up again.

First legitimate game today.

Well, given that it's on ESPN 2 at mid-afternoon, it should be the Gopher game appearing on the most TV screens across the country so far this season. I'm mildly surprised that our game is on ESPN 2 while the Michigan State vs. Indiana game is on BTN. It would be nice for start of the conference season and the program's reputation to have a win in this one. I guess the only redeeming feature about Maryland's absolute fail
against PSU is that it appeared on Friday night on FS1.

Well, given that it's on ESPN 2 at mid-afternoon, it should be the Gopher game appearing on the most TV screens across the country so far this season. I'm mildly surprised that our game is on ESPN 2 while the Michigan State vs. Indiana game is on BTN. It would be nice for start of the conference season and the program's reputation to have a win in this one. I guess the only redeeming feature about Maryland's absolute fail
against PSU is that it appeared on Friday night on FS1.

I only caught bits and pieces of the Maryland game last night, but man did they look bad. Obviously people could say that about the Gophers so far this year depending which parts of the games they were watching.

I'm sticking with my prediction that we beat PSU though.

Top Bottom