Votes: 20 15.5%
  • I'm a fan of another college team here to troll

Votes: 3 2.3%

• Total voters

Dano564

Fleck Superfan
Reaction score
Are you a Vikings / NFL fan

Yup, for sure. I prefer college sports across the board, but enjoy my fair share of professional.
Favorite teams are:
NFL: Minnesota Vikings
NHL: Minnesota Wild
NBA: Minnesota Timberwolves
MLS: Minnesota United FC Loons
CFB: Minnesota Golden Gophers and Minnesota State University Moorhead Dragons
CBB: Minnesota Golden Gophers and Minnesota State University Dragons
CHKY: Minnesota Golden Gophers

Love watching both, pros and cons on either side but I really like the college atmosphere and emotional ties more.

I was a bigger Vikings fan growing up, but I prefer Saturday's now and the Vikings are more "corporate" feeling. Feels more commercialized, more flags, more penalties, more reviews, more talking heads.

Also, the larger number of teams in CFB make for a far more intriguing day.

Less so over time.

The college game has character, atmosphere.

The NFL feels like purely a marketing product / one big truck commercial.

It didn't help that the Vikings threatened to leave for years and then after getting welfare for billionaire owners ... and then rand ads about loyalty.

College football has better rivalries and the diversity of the offenses used is much more interesting.

I began to loathe the NFL a few years ago. I used to be a Viking season ticket holder in my mid-20s to early 30s and they meant a lot to me. Now I don't care. I have probably watched an equivalent of one quarter of Vikings football this year. The NFL insists upon itself (thank you Peter Griffin). When there was talk a few years ago of them moving to LA, my thought was "fine, let them go".
I have always been a Gopher athletics fan, and now my fandom is stronger than ever. I don't have football tickets, but we do have VB season tickets, and we go to a fair number of baseball games too.
Saturday fall plans usually revolve around Gopher football...Sunday, around whatever the wife wants us to do.

Never been much of a Vikings fan. Don't root against them - just pretty apathetic to them. Never, ever listen to any Kfan coverage of them.

I only have enough love for all-things Gophers, The Twins, and the Wolves for MN teams.

The NFL’s constantly messin’ with the rules, the increased frequency of penalties, the absurdity of too many penalty interpretations is making the NFL less and less enjoyable to watch.

I check the box score on the Vikes. May watch post season games if friends are hosting a party. Otherwise I really don’t care. If they ever win a championship I’ll pretend that I’ve always been a fan.

Never been much of a Vikings fan. Don't root against them - just pretty apathetic to them. Never, ever listen to any Kfan coverage of them.

I only have enough love for all-things Gophers, The Twins, and the Wolves for MN teams.

Do you live in MN?
I find it odd that you are fans of all other MN teams, and a football fan, but the Vikings never hit your fan radar?

My 'ol man was born and raised in Green Bay, Wisconsin, my mother in Marinette, Wisconsin, but Dad was a big Gopher fan, as am I.

As far as my NFL allegiance goes, most of you won't like the answer. It's a family thing....

I couldn't care less about the Vikings. Sunday afternoons are great for other activities.

100% a Gopher fan! I watch the NFL but don't really have an allegiance, but I like the Vikings as much as any team. I grew up in Houston and lived and died with the Oilers. I am still waiting for the NFL to award the city of Houston an NFL franchise.

Do you live in MN?
I find it odd that you are fans of all other MN teams, and a football fan, but the Vikings never hit your fan radar?

Born and raised in NE Mpls. I just never cared about them. Not that odd according to this thread.

Do you live in MN?

I enjoy hockey and I don't care at all about the Wild. If I had to pick a team to win the Cup, it'd be the Wild, but I am apathetic to them. I really only have a slight interest in the Vikings and the Twins. I must be a masochist because I'm only die hard for the Wolves and Gophers.

I've done a 180 over the last 20 years. I used to be a die-hard Vikings fan, and a casual Gophers fan. (impacted by the fact that I lived in Wisconsin and Iowa from 1987 to 1997, and had limited access to Gophers' games).

Moved back to MN in '97. since then, I have become much more interested/attached to the Gophers, and less to the Vikings. I watch most Vikings games, but if they lose, it's not the end of the world. In fact, when the Vikings lose, I get a kick out of the "Vent line" call-in show on Skor North to listen to Vikings fans melt down.

As far as other sports/teams: I've watched the Loons a lot more this year. I'll watch a Wild game if there's nothing else on. Almost never watch the T-Wolves. I can manage about 10 minutes of an NBA game and then I can't take any more. Follow the Twins closely - but the games are so d*mn long that I find my mind wandering. I'll flip to another channel during innings and I may not go back to the Twins for an hour.

And, I'm an Augsburg grad, so I have watched a few Auggie football games on the internet, but they are struggling this year.

I’ll watch a Gopher victory a couple of times during the week and a couple of times during the off-season. I’ll never watch a Gopher loss a second time. Only exception being the first three quarters of the Michigan game.

I rarely watch a Viking win again, the exemption being the NO playoff game.

If the Gophers win I’m giddy for a week. If the Vikings win, I’m happy for the rest of the day.

If the Gophers lose, I’m out of sorts for a week. If the Vikings lose, I check my Fantasy Football team and watch soccer.

And, I'm an Augsburg grad, so I have watched a few Auggie football games on the internet, but they are struggling this year.

Augsburg ‘82. I was a NAIA statistician for the 1979 FB team. Those were painful days. Hockey team was fabulous.

Last edited:

Augsburg ‘82. I was a NAIA statistician for the 1979 FB team. Those were painful days. Hockey team was fabulous.

Shoot. I graduated in '78. We might have been on campus at the same time. Small world. FWIW, I kept stats for the football and men's Basketball teams for four years. Also worked in the SID's office and wrote for the ECHO.

I've done a 180 over the last 20 years. I used to be a die-hard Vikings fan, and a casual Gophers fan. (impacted by the fact that I lived in Wisconsin and Iowa from 1987 to 1997, and had limited access to Gophers' games).

Moved back to MN in '97. since then, I have become much more interested/attached to the Gophers, and less to the Vikings. I watch most Vikings games, but if they lose, it's not the end of the world. In fact, when the Vikings lose, I get a kick out of the "Vent line" call-in show on Skor North to listen to Vikings fans melt down.

As far as other sports/teams: I've watched the Loons a lot more this year. I'll watch a Wild game if there's nothing else on. Almost never watch the T-Wolves. I can manage about 10 minutes of an NBA game and then I can't take any more. Follow the Twins closely - but the games are so d*mn long that I find my mind wandering. I'll flip to another channel during innings and I may not go back to the Twins for an hour.

Dude same! I usually have a good time listening to the post-game call in shows on both SKOR and KFAN. I support the Vikings, but still enjoy all the fallout when they take an L.

I enjoy hockey and I don't care at all about the Wild. If I had to pick a team to win the Cup, it'd be the Wild, but I am apathetic to them. I really only have a slight interest in the Vikings and the Twins. I must be a masochist because I'm only die hard for the Wolves and Gophers.

I know right!

Love to see the Twins and Wild win.
Indifferent to the T-wolves.
Love to see the Vikings lose.

I’m in Vandy’s corner. I only watch the Vikings when they play the Pack, otherwise I could care less. Have passed up tickets several times, just not interested. Convinced that had the Vikings moved to LA several years ago, we would need a bigger Gopher stadium.

Top Bottom