Votes: 55 42.6%
  • I'm a Gopher fan, but watch other NFL teams

Votes: 14 10.9%
  • I'm a Gopher fan and don't watch NFL teams

Votes: 20 15.5%
  • I'm a fan of another college team here to troll

Votes: 3 2.3%

• Total voters

I’d prefer the Vikes win, watch sometimes, but don’t really consider myself a fan of the NFL.

I watch EPL and CFB on Saturday and am up early Sunday for more EPL. Usually about noon on Sunday is where I figure out I gotta get up and do something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I watch the Gophers and follow the Vikings. I don't watch NFL games anymore.

Ncaab
NFL
MLB
NCAAF
Ncaawb
NHL
Volleyball
Ncaa baseball
Watching paint dry
NBA

In order

Love the Gophers and I love the Vikes too. Season tix for Gophers and never miss watching a Vikes game.

The NFL has become almost unwatchable for me.
I’ll watch the Vikings if I’m free at the time they play. Will rarely watch any other NFL.

Will watch college football all day and night on a Saturday

Love the Vikings and Love the Gophers!

I feel more hope with the Vikings. They have a chance to win it all on a level playing field. The Gophers will never have that level playing field with the Alabama's and Ohio States, etc!

Last edited:

Speaking of which.......I"ve said it before and I'll say it again.

I think the Purdue game and the Bear are the biggest games of the season for both teams. If they both lose this weekend, I have no hope for either team. If they win, I'm thinking we may have something here.

It’s hard to believe it’s been almost ten years since I gave up my NFL fanship. The messy 6 fumble performance by the Vikes (mainly Adrian) in New Orleans, the worst officiating I’ve witnessed in any game amateur or professional, the turncoat Favre titillating us for a couple years but ultimately throwing a horrendous interception to help sink the Super Bowl run. It was all too much for me. The NFL and it’s corruption, crybaby players, crybaby owners constantly threatening to move to San Antonio/Los Angeles/London/Mexico City unless granted horrendously negotiated deals, and engineered games were dead to me literally from that night forward. I have watched the playoff games over the years (with humorously predictable results) but I feel nothing. Which is strange even now because I was a rabid fan for years. Some of those Vikings teams were awesome to follow and watch.

Part of me is fearful that could happen with college football if conditions are right but so far my intense interest is holding. The variety in schemes, the coaches, the pageantry is awesome.

I still follow pro baseball but I don’t have time for anything else.

It’s hard to believe it’s been almost ten years since I gave up my NFL fanship. The messy 6 fumble performance by the Vikes (mainly Adrian) in New Orleans, the worst officiating I’ve witnessed in any game amateur or professional, the turncoat Favre titillating us for a couple years but ultimately throwing a horrendous interception to help sink the Super Bowl run. It was all too much for me. The NFL and it’s corruption, crybaby players, crybaby owners constantly threatening to move to San Antonio/Los Angeles/London/Mexico City unless granted horrendously negotiated deals, and engineered games were dead to me literally from that night forward. I have watched the playoff games over the years (with humorously predictable results) but I feel nothing. Which is strange even now because I was a rabid fan for years. Some of those Vikings teams were awesome to follow and watch.

Part of me is fearful that could happen with college football if conditions are right but so far my intense interest is holding. The variety in schemes, the coaches, the pageantry is awesome.

I still follow pro baseball but I don’t have time for anything else.

You don't think there is massive corruption at OSU or Alabama?

And for the record, that Favre pick is completely overrated. It's was 3rd down when he throws the pick. If the pass was incomplete, we would be punting as we were too far out to dare attempt a field goal.

That was a schit show for refereeing though. Didn't you get a massive kick out of New Orleans still whining about the missed pass interference call last year though?

Last edited:

Huge Gopher fan. Also a Vikings fan....but not even close to as big as I am a Gophers fan.

And for the record, that Favre pick is completely overrated. It's was 3rd down when he throws the pick. If the pass was incomplete, we would be punting as we were too far out to dare attempt a field goal.

That was a schit show for refereeing though. Didn't you get a massive kick out of New Orleans still whining about the missed pass interference call last year though?

https://youtu.be/0UUeqvquXZI Not that a vikings kicker would make it at a critical time, but it was in field goal range.

I think Longwell could have hit from 51 in a dome. Then retarded Chilli sent 12 men on the field and backed us up before the pick

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

It’s a matter of degrees. College football and the NCAA are far from perfect.

The bad pick was part of the tapestry of the meltdown.

That non-call was a bit ironic, yeah. Sent LA to the championship. It’s amazing to me fans watch stuff like the NFC championship game or that non-call on the Rams and tolerate it. Obviously one of: corrupt officials or an engineered game is at play. There are no other realistic options. These officials are supposed to be the best of the best. A cynical person might even think the Rams needed a nice run to generate intense interest in notoriously fickle and casual fans to help sell out their new fivebillion dollar complex in South Central LA.

Last edited:

I prefer watching the gophers but my wife prefers watching the Vikings...I have no problem with them, the NFL, etc. Luckily for me I get to watch both pretty religiously.

These are the teams I love and will watch/follow if I can.
1. Gophers Football
2. Vikings
3. Twins

These teams I like and will root for, but I wouldn't rearrange my schedule for them. The order can also change depending on my mood and how competitive the teams are.
4. Wild
5. Gopher baseball
6. Gophers basketball
7. Timberwolves
8. Gopher hockey
9. Gopher wrestling

These teams I will check the standings every few weeks. I generally hope they do well but lose no sleep over it if they don't.
10. Gopher women's basketball
11. Gopher softball
12. Lynx
13. Loons

You forgot one. Not a Gophers fan, love the Vikings.

I was a bigger Vikings fan growing up, but I prefer Saturday's now and the Vikings are more "corporate" feeling. Feels more commercialized, more flags, more penalties, more reviews, more talking heads.

Also, the larger number of teams in CFB make for a far more intriguing day.

Same for me. Lived and died with the Vikes until about 2000 (while equally loving the Gophs), but started to become much more bored/disillusioned by the NFL over the last two decades. That said, I will still try and watch most Vikes games.

(1) If he threw an incomplete pass, the kick would have been 55 yards. Longwell had made his last 8 straight from over 50 at that point and this was in a Dome.
(2) Your ignoring the biggest gripe, Favre could have walked 7-8 yards to make that a much easier FG (possibly get a first down).

I'm a football fan and want both teams to win equally. If you forced me to choose a vikings super bowl win or a gophers natty I honestly don't know if I'd be able to choose.

(1) If he threw an incomplete pass, the kick would have been 55 yards. Longwell had made his last 8 straight from over 50 at that point and this was in a Dome.
(2) Your ignoring the biggest gripe, Favre could have walked 7-8 yards to make that a much easier FG (possibly get a first down).

I think the INT is overblown. Yes, bad pick, but not the reason we lost. Adrian's fumble before half was.
I'm betting Longwell's kick misses or gets blocked from 55. 55 was not going to be a gimmie like many like us to believe.

I visit GH for a reason. I don't visit the Vikings unless it is an exhibit at the MIA.

New here and perfect timing for my 1st post. I have had expectations from the Gophers for years and never were they to win the "whole thing". This was mostly to do with knowing they didn't have elite talent across the board, and they weren't a brand name. My expectations were 8 wins, 9 wins, at the most, sometimes 4 wins, so the disappointment hasn't been as drastic as the Wipings. I was too young to know much about the Purple People Eaters, but Chuck Foreman and Scott Studwell, were my "heroes" as a kid. My support lowered after the Randy Moss/Chris Carter years of never winning a Super Bowl, then reappeared for Adrian Peterson, then more with Brett Favre. Then disappeared after the Saints game. Honestly haven't cared since. The realization of consummate failure to win the Super Bowl outweighs my support for them. I don't watch the NFL anymore. Someone else said maybe if the Vikings win it all, they might come back to fandom. I might too, but doubt it. Getting kicked in the head enough makes a person want to not do that anymore.
With that being said, very optimistic about the Gophs and their upward trajectory.

The Napoleon complex of this fanbase is among its worst attributes.

I like the Vikings just fine, but I'm a lot more interested in the Gophers. I'll watch the Vikings if I don't have anything else to do, but I don't spend that much time during the week thinking about the upcoming Vikings game.

Top Bottom