Fargo Flash Picks Gophers 27-24

Dano564

Fleck Superfan
Reaction score
On his KFAN appearance this morning, Justin Conzemius, aka The Fargo Flash, picked the Gophers to defeat the Boilermakers, 27-24.

He also hinted by end of October we could be 8-0.

He also stated that Mike Brown-Stephens is a really talented kid, but he is surprised he is getting playing time right now with all the talented receivers in front of him. Goodness. Fargo Flash is the gift that keeps on giving. While I appreciate that KFAN takes the time to have someone on to breakdown the team and the games, is it too much to ask the guest to actually know what is going on with the team?

He also stated that Mike Brown-Stephens is a really talented kid, but he is surprised he is getting playing time right now with all the talented receivers in front of him.

Is MBS getting playing time on offense?

He also stated that Mike Brown-Stephens is a really talented kid, but he is surprised he is getting playing time right now with all the talented receivers in front of him. Goodness. Fargo Flash is the gift that keeps on giving. While I appreciate that KFAN takes the time to have someone on to breakdown the team and the games, is it too much to ask the guest to actually know what is going on with the team?

Until the gophers actually do anything relevant KFAN will continue to treat them like the joke they are.

Until the gophers actually do anything relevant KFAN will continue to treat them like the joke they are.

I love the Gophers. This is the correct stance.

Win meaningful games and they may give you meaningful coverage.

What purpose does that serve? Why pay to broadcast their games if they're a "joke"?

I enjoy the Fargo Flash's weekly segments on KFAN. I do remember he is not speaking to Gopherhole hard core fans. He is speaking to a ravenous Vikings multitude of rubes. He brings positivity and continual reinforcement of the concept that the Gophers are both relevant and interesting. He speaks to what I would guess is over 80% of the "fan base" that believes the Gophers haven't even been close to success in 60 years.

What purpose does that serve? Why pay to broadcast their games if they're a "joke"?

It's all about entertainment. Obviously the $ is working out for them just fine with the status quo.

IFthe gophers actually do anything of relevance ever. I have no doubt they will have more serious conversations about them. And honestly some of the afternoon shows talk about them more seriously. Mase in your face is a positive segment as far as gopher coverage goes.

It's all about entertainment. Obviously the $ is working out for them just fine with the status quo.

IFthe gophers actually do anything of relevance ever. I have no doubt they will have more serious conversations about them. And honestly some of the afternoon shows talk about them more seriously. Mase in your face is a positive segment as far as gopher coverage goes.

That wasn't the question I asked. You said that KFAN treats them as a joke. Why pay to broadcast their games and talk about them at all if they're a joke? Wouldn't that just be flushing money down the drain? If you're going to talk about them, why not treat them seriously? Wouldn't it be better just to not talk about them at all, and not to pay to broadcast their games?

I’m soooo mad that KFAN doesn’t give the Gophers the props they deserve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm so mad, I'm going to keep listening until they do.

My point has nothing to do with what KFAN does or does not say about the Gophers. It is about the Fargo Flash himself. He is terrible and rarely knows what is actually happening with the Gophers or college football in general and the morning show holds him out as an "expert."

Today was just another in a long line of examples. Do we all remember when he suggested that MarQueis Gray, at 6'4", was too tall to play QB...and he used Dan McGwire as his reference point? An absolute all-timer from the Flash.

My point has nothing to do with what KFAN does or does not say about the Gophers. It is about the Fargo Flash himself. He is terrible and rarely knows what is actually happening with the Gophers or college football in general and the morning show holds him out as an "expert."

Today was just another in a long line of examples. Do we all remember when he suggested that MarQueis Gray, at 6'4", was too tall to play QB...and he used Dan McGwire as his reference point? An absolute all-timer from the Flash.

To be fair, KFAN calls a lot of people "experts".

Meatsauce is their "draft expert". Meatsauce doesn't watch college football by the way.

Charch is their "NFL Insider". He plays fantasy football, and there is no belief he has any contact within any NFL organization other than through Paul Allen to the Vikings Mike Wobschall.

John Bonnes - sp is their baseball expert. He's a fan blogger.

Justin is their Gopher football expert. I think he knows more than the average fan and he appears to get some inside info sometimes, but hardly an "expert".

Ryan Burns does some time with Gaard and also with Paul Allen. He's their best expert from Gopher football perspective.

Mason is the best listen, but he's not really ever giving anything Gopher specific. More-less a great story teller.

To be fair, KFAN calls a lot of people "experts".

Meatsauce is their "draft expert". Meatsauce doesn't watch college football by the way.

Charch is their "NFL Insider". He plays fantasy football, and there is no belief he has any contact within any NFL organization other than through Paul Allen to the Vikings Mike Wobschall.

John Bonnes - sp is their baseball expert. He's a fan blogger.

Justin is their Gopher football expert. I think he knows more than the average fan and he appears to get some inside info sometimes, but hardly an "expert".

Ryan Burns does some time with Gaard and also with Paul Allen. He's their best expert from Gopher football perspective.

Mason is the best listen, but he's not really ever giving anything Gopher specific. More-less a great story teller.

Ok...and? To be fair about what?

Is that lineup a justification for or supposed to excuse the often asinine takes of the Flash?

That wasn't the question I asked. You said that KFAN treats them as a joke. Why pay to broadcast their games and talk about them at all if they're a joke? Wouldn't that just be flushing money down the drain? If you're going to talk about them, why not treat them seriously? Wouldn't it be better just to not talk about them at all, and not to pay to broadcast their games?

Because its entertainment and money. They obviously have better entertainment value this way and make more money this way. Or one of the people in charge would tell them to stop making fun of the gophers and come up with more serious content. Go ask how KFAN see how KFAN is doing.

Ok...and? To be fair about what?

Is that lineup a justification for or supposed to excuse the often asinine takes of the Flash?

For the love of god it's entertainment! Yes a select few hard core gopher fans may not like it. That is a very small percentage of their listeners obviously.

For the love of god it's entertainment! Yes a select few hard core gopher fans may not like it. That is a very small percentage of their listeners obviously.

Of course it is entertainment. I totally get that. I know the Flash is going to pick the Gophers each and every week. That's great and his bits with Tommy are entertaining.

But his actual college football knowledge is comical and it destroys any credibility when he gives out information that is flat wrong.

Wasn’t directed at you. I just get sick of all the bitching about how the local media doesn’t treat the Gophers well enough. We’ve been down the KFAN path many times before.

Of course it is entertainment. I totally get that. I know the Flash is going to pick the Gophers each and every week. That's great and his bits with Tommy are entertaining.

But his actual college football knowledge is comical and it destroys any credibility when he gives out information that is flat wrong.

Anybody who tries to take anything serious away from the morning show is comical and their credibility is destroyed. They make fun of themselves for knowing nothing about sports but being on a sports station...

True.

Make 2 NFC championship games?

How many B1G championship games have the gophers made?

As many as Vikings have won championships. KFAN is supposed to be the home of the Gophers as well. Neither team has set the world on fire, but if you are the flagship station for Gopher football, you should choose to do more than the minimum coverage.

As many as Vikings have won championships. KFAN is supposed to be the home of the Gophers as well. Neither team has set the world on fire, but if you are the flagship station for Gopher football, you should choose to do more than the minimum coverage.

They have mase in your face, PJ on all the time, Pitino on all the time. This thread is about a morning show skit complaint.

Well that is clearly false but use the same math and let me know about a B1G championship game.

32 teams / 2 championship games = 16
16 / 2 participants per game = 8

Big Ten title is 1 out of 7.

It's only been around 8 years though so it probably hasn't gone through a large enough sample size for comparison purposes.
Maybe we would have made the title game in 2003 or 1999 if it existed. I don't know.

32 teams / 2 championship games = 16
16 / 2 participants per game = 8

Big Ten title is 1 out of 7.

It's only been around 8 years though so it probably hasn't gone through a large enough sample size for comparison purposes.
Maybe we would have made the title game in 2003 or 1999 if it existed. I don't know.

Yeah I figured that's where you were getting your math. It's an over simplification but if you want to use it, it further proves my point that the gophers haven't done anything and the vikes have. Thanks.

Yeah I figured that's where you were getting your math. It's an over simplification but if you want to use it, it further proves my point that the gophers haven't done anything and the vikes have. Thanks.

So is that the benchmark of success?
Is that what you are saying?

Top Bottom