STrib: Tough conversations

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Megan:

Tough conversations

Fleck wasn’t ready to take a 3-0 start and move on to Purdue. Instead, for the first time with the Gophers, he forced his team to pause.

“During the bye week, it’s always uncomfortable; everybody wants to get on to the next week. I don’t want to go on to the next week yet,” Fleck said. “Let’s give our players some time off to get away, and us coaches, let’s get together and let’s scout each other, let’s game plan each other.”

The coaching staff took a whole day for the offense to evaluate the defense and vice versa, just as for a regular opponent. The coaches went through each down, wrote up everything they knew about each player, analyzed schematics, formations, tendencies.

Defensive coordinator Joe Rossi and offensive coordinator Kirk Ciarrocca navigated the potentially awkward moment of critiquing each other. Special teams coordinator Rob Wenger was “talking to himself,” which is awkward in its own way.

But Fleck said listening to those different perspectives was ultimately beneficial.

http://www.startribune.com/fleck-hints-at-changing-up-offensive-line/561269452/

Go Gophers!!

It's Difficult Conversations.....tough conversations is the generic brand....

still I wonder how many programs do something like this. seems on paper to be good but could it pit coaches against coaches

still I wonder how many programs do something like this. seems on paper to be good but could it pit coaches against coaches

If these guys dont have thick enough skin to do something like this designed to help identify tendencies and weaknesses and improve the team, without getting upset at each other, they are in the wrong line of work.

These guys are big boys, work crazy long hours. I don't think they take it personally.

If they can't handle it ... I dobut they make it to the P5 anyway.

These guys are big boys, work crazy long hours. I don't think they take it personally.

If they can't handle it ... I dobut they make it to the P5 anyway.

Escape goats a constant threat

I assume it was standard practice. Surprised this was new.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom