Poll: SHANNON is Back! How many yards will he have against Purdue?

How many yards will Shannon Brooks have against Purdue?

• 0 - Will not play

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • 0-50 yards - Slow but sure

Votes: 27 45.8%
  • 50-100 yards - Nice day at the races

Votes: 23 39.0%
  • 100-150 yards - Overachiever

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • 150+ - Lights out performance!

Votes: 6 10.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rescooter

Section 243
Reaction score
The dude runs with attitude; especially against the Boilermakers.

Handful of plays.

Especially since we haven't run well anyway to date, and I'm not sure the issue is the RBs, and we've had to abandon the run and just throw in close games.

If all the backs are healthy as Fleck says they are then I would not expect them to give Brooks a heavy workload. Give him a handful of caries to work off some of the rust but don't overload him in his first game back. So because of that I went with 0-50 Slow but Sure.

Handful of plays.

Especially since we haven't run well anyway to date, and I'm not sure the issue is the RBs, and we've had to abandon the run and just throw in close games.

I think it is a combination of the backs and the OL/ blocking scheme. Brooks and Smith have exceptional (elite) vision. They also know how to setup blocks with cutbacks. Hopefully Williams can learn that. I see potential in Williams. If the hole is there, he can usually hit it.

I hope that the OL has been able to work on run blocking on the bye week. I think that they might still be gelling? I would think the RPO is more challenging because you can't simply just tee-off or aggressively block down field, because you don't know if it's a pass play or a run play initially.

He'll get 50-100 but 65 of them will come on one long ridiculous run.

He'll get 50-100 but 65 of them will come on one long ridiculous run.

That would not shock me one bit with the way he runs. Would be awesome if he is able to finish out the rest of the season, kid has some real talent just can't stay healthy.

That would not shock me one bit with the way he runs. Would be awesome if he is able to finish out the rest of the season, kid has some real talent just can't stay healthy.

Say a prayer for Shannon.

If all the backs are healthy as Fleck says they are then I would not expect them to give Brooks a heavy workload. Give him a handful of caries to work off some of the rust but don't overload him in his first game back. So because of that I went with 0-50 Slow but Sure.

Ditto. If either Mo or Rodney is full go, one will get 60% of the work. If both are healthy, they'll get at least 80% between them. I bet Shannon gets 5 - 7 carries.

Ditto. If either Mo or Rodney is full go, one will get 60% of the work. If both are healthy, they'll get at least 80% between them. I bet Shannon gets 5 - 7 carries.

History has shown he only needs 1 carry to get 50-100 yards.

If he’s fully rehabbed I’d like to see him get the bulk of the carries or split the carries but that’s a big if. And, there is the issue of whether he’s shown better ball security in practice. His wild-man running style is fun as heck to watch but he will toss the ball on the turf periodically and I’m sure PJ doesn’t like that.

I feel like this could be a big week on the ground. Everyone healthy, I’ll go with 250 team ground yards, 101 to Shannon on 13 carries.

I'd guessing a 3-way split of carries between RS, SB, and MI.
Maybe 7-9 touches each.

Really would like to see us us RS in the passing game.

In the game last season when Brooks sustained a season ending injury, they should have taken him out earlier in the fourth quarter. He has a violent type of running style.

50-100 yards from Brooks is just about right. Rotate the three backs to keep them fresh.

The critical thing is the Offensive Line run blocking and pass protection for Morgan. They really need to establish the run. Otherwise, the Purdue Defense will make it uncomfortable for Tanner Morgan all day.

Last edited:

I predict somewhere between 0 and 150+ yards

I went with 0-50, since I really hope we limit Shannon to less than 10 carries. Need to keep him healthy all season, it was reckless how he was used in his comeback against Indiana last season

Top Bottom