Teams We Beat - Thread

Dano564

Fleck Superfan
Reaction score
SDSU won 43-7 over So Utah

Fresno St 34-20 over Sacramento St. who is now 2-2.

Georgia Southern did not play

SDSU’s RdShrt Freshman QB who played the entire game at Minnesota but sat out the next two games due to a broken pinky finger suffered in the third quarter of the Minnesota game, returned to the field for the SUU game.

AH...good catch. Correction:

Georgia Southern lost in multiple overtimes at Texas State.

That was Georgia State. The team we played last week, Georgia Southern, did not play this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was Georgia State. The team we played last week, Georgia Southern, did not play this week.

Oye ve! I guess I'm having a harder time than I thought keeping these teams straight. Thanks. In any event, that's good because I thought losing to Texas State was pretty bad.

Not a single post about how good Sacramento State is? This site is getting lazy.

Sacramento Southern is a pretty good team. They’d probably finish near the middle of the PAC12.

Not a single post about how good Sacramento State is? This site is getting lazy.

Well, you got me curious. They opened the season with a lopsided win over Southern Oregon. I wasn't aware they had a football program, but you learn something new everyday. They then lost 19-7 at Arizona St (who won at MSU by 3 the next week). Then they beat Northern Colorado 50-0. I wondered how good Northern Colorado was, so I checked. Not very. They lost 59-17 to Washington St the previous week. What does it all mean? I have no idea.

It means all 3 teams won ten games last year and are championship teams.. right?

It means all 3 teams won ten games last year and are championship teams.. right?

Of all the nonsense PJ says, that line is up at the top. St. John’s won 12 games last year and were champions. Guess they “know how to win” as well. Lucky we don’t have to play them.

Of all the nonsense PJ says, that line is up at the top. St. John’s won 12 games last year and were champions. Guess they “know how to win” as well. Lucky we don’t have to play them.

Naw, culture, habits, what a team will accept absolutely makes a difference in teams.
Some teams are definitely easier to beat than others based on who they are. PJ’s observations are valid. I agree with him.
Some teams are comfortable losing, it becomes a habit.
All three of our opponents were well coached and used to winning...hence harder to beat.

Naw, culture, habits, what a team will accept absolutely makes a difference in teams.
Some teams are definitely easier to beat than others based on who they are. PJ’s observations are valid. I agree with him.
Some teams are comfortable losing, it becomes a habit.
All three of our opponents were well coached and used to winning...<b>hence harder to beat.</b>

Harder than who? Bottom Tier Sun Belt Teams?

You don’t think it is harder to beat people who are accustomed to winning and have developed decent habits than teams who have grown accustomed to losing and have developed habits of finding ways to lose?

Do you think winning and losing is random?
Do you thinking winning and losing is based purely off talent ratings?

I guess I’m not sure what you are arguing Spoofin. What are you arguing?

You don’t think it is harder to beat people who are accustomed to winning and have developed decent habits than teams who have grown accustomed to losing and have developed habits of finding ways to lose?

He is usually not sure what he is arguing. He likes to be an instigator and it works.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

I think it would be easier for us to beat St. Johns than it would be for us to beat Rutgers.

I think it would be easier for us to beat St. Johns than it would be for us to beat Rutgers.

Sure, and Eden Prairie would be easier than St Johns. But, I don’t think dragging in the absurd has anything to do with discounting PJs comments about the programs we actually did play.

Now you're trying to compare Division I teams to Division III teams? Speaking of nonsense...

GSU finished 3rd in their conference last year, 1 game out of first. That's now considered bottom tier? More nonsense from you.

Sure, and Eden Prairie would be easier than St Johns. But, I don’t think dragging in the absurd has anything to do with discounting PJs comments about the programs we actually did play.

PJ's pulled this debate into the absurd. He called GSU a championship caliber team. That's absurd.

PJ's pulled this debate into the absurd. He called GSU a championship caliber team. That's absurd.

The program has won 6 national FCS championships. It has won a Sun Belt conference title. They compete for championships...it’s who they are. I don’t see that as absurd.
He does not mean they are a threat to Alabama or Clemson.
Substitute program for team if you don’t get what he’s saying. Plus, he was being a humble winner giving praise to a team that expected to win.
I love to jump on PJ for dumb stuff but this doesn’t qualify as that to me at all.

GSU finished 3rd in their conference last year, 1 game out of first. That's now considered bottom tier? More nonsense from you.

It helps if you follow along. I was saying WHO is GSU harder to beat than - not calling them bottom tier Sun Belt.

Now you're trying to compare Division I teams to Division III teams? Speaking of nonsense...

Sometimes I can only assume you are trying to miss the point.

This is going to be a long thread when he have 14 teams to talk about, in it...

Top Bottom