Who Will You Root For? MI vs WI

Who will you root for?

• Michigan

Votes: 38 74.5%
  • Wisconsin

Votes: 13 25.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We used to call this a "plane crash" game. The visitor's plane crashes into the home team's stadium. While they're practicing. This started in the 1970s the week before every Michigan-OSU game. Brutal, but we were kids.

We used to call this a "plane crash" game. The visitor's plane crashes into the home team's stadium. While they're practicing. This started in the 1970s the week before every Michigan-OSU game. Brutal, but we were kids.

That's good Highwayman...not exactly exactly politically correct but it made me laugh.

Michigan wins, it helps the Gophers in the West.

Isn't it all about the BIG West standings? Don't we need Wisconsin to lose as many times as possible?

Gosh I hate both these teams!

Why does being a Gopher fan require a strict hierarchy of teams to hate? Just because you and a bunch of other doofuses follow a herd mentality doesn't mean that those of us who prefer to think for ourselves should be impressed.

For me this is a tough choice but I don't like Harbaugh and have nothing particularly against Chryst so I'll have to give a slight nod to Wisconsin.

I hate Wisconsin, because they are our main rival. I hate them because I was there for the blocked punt in the end zone at the Metrodome. The only team I hate more is Iowa, and that’s because I was there when they tore down our field goal posts at the dome, and pissed on the walls of our concourse after that game. I don’t follow a herd mentality, and I’m not a doofus. I have my reasons, the only time I root for Wisconsin is if it makes the Big Ten look good. So you can get off your holier than thou soapbox Mr. Free Thinker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isn't it all about the BIG West standings? Don't we need Wisconsin to lose as many times as possible?

Gosh I hate both these teams!

Yup. Every Gopher fan should be cheering for Michigan, but wow do they look awful right now.

I can't believe anyone that is a true fan of the Gophers would cheer for Wisconsin. Ever.

I hate wisconsin fans. Except that a wi win will make our win over them that much better, there is no upside to them winning. Okay that and better credibility for the West but that’s at too great a cost.

Last edited:

Never root for wisconsin ever!

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

Better dead than red. Always. Go Gophers!

I don’t follow a herd mentality, and I’m not a doofus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Yes, you do and yes, you are because you seem to think we should all feel the same way as you to be "real" Gopher fans; just like the nitwits who seem to think they can define "real" Americans. I don't care which teams you hate and you shouldn't care at all if I don't share those feelings.

Very pleased with what I’m seeing! Man...looks like we can even beat Michigan this year!

I don’t follow a herd mentality, and I’m not a doofus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Yes, you do and yes, you are because you seem to think we should all feel the same way as you to be "real" Gopher fans; just like the nitwits who seem to think they can define "real" Americans. I don't care which teams you hate and you shouldn't care at all if I don't share those feelings.

I’m sensing a liberal

28-0 Wisconsin over Michigan at the half.

We all saw this coming, right?

Living in Wisconsin but don't like the Badgers or their fans one bit. But one has to be very impressed with their performance thus far.

Look out BIG West and OSU for that matter if this is the real Becky team.. Oct 26 WI vs @tOSU could be huge.

You don't know how good Wisconsin is or how bad Michigan is. Thankfully we play them at the end of the season and teams can look different. Injuries, weather, etc.

Go Gophers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish the Gophers' Offensive Line are playing like the Badgers'.

As of right now, Wisky looks like real deal!

I'm gonna go with the rose colored glasses today and say that I wish we could swap Maryland out or our schedule for Michigan this year. The Wolverines stink.

Michigan won the 2nd half. I e read in the past that is valuable.

Late to the party, but I always root against Michigan and Ohio State. Even if it's the hated Badgers, anything other than the same old same old is a welcome change.

Hate to say it, but Wisconsin is a national title contender.

Late to the party, but I always root against Michigan and Ohio State. Even if it's the hated Badgers, anything other than the same old same old is a welcome change.

Hate to say it, but Wisconsin is a national title contender.

Winning at The Shoe is going to be quite a challenge, but if they win I like their chances of getting into the final four.

They’re really good, top 10 or top 5...but I’m not sure about a national title contender. The top 2 or 3 teams are way too good.

Top Bottom