ESPN: Report: NCAA set to notify Kansas of violations

More evidence that the whole system is decaying from the inside out, and it could fall much more quickly than most of us ... think. My sympathies lie with the 90% ... who don't cheat and aren't there to cash in, but play the game they enjoy and get an education. They will be the ones to get most burned when the system crashes.

Funny, I'm currently involved in a discussion about climate change and renewable energy on another site. Your comment could easily have been posted there in regards to society as a whole.

(Not trying to derail the discussion. Just found it striking that discussion in remarkably different areas gets back to "it's all rotten." Carry on.)

JTG

Last edited:

Georgia Tech was just hit with a postseason ban and 4 years of probation for their assistant coach handing out like 3000 dollars. The money funneled by Kansas was substantially more than that, I would guess into the hundreds of thousands at the least.

This will show if they are serious or not(NCAA). If they are, no way Self is allowed to continue coaching and the program will be banned for a good number of years for violations.

Also, even if unc wins in court, their brand takes a serious hit with all the additional negative publicity and ncaa maintains a modicum of integrity.

I don't think so really. As long as they win games on the court, they will stay in favor. No one cares about money being paid out, classes not being attended, grades not being made. High level college sports is about winning and money, that is it.
The only way to have hurt them would have been to ban their coach indefinitely and to ban them from postseason play for awhile and take away scholarships. Image means nothing, because the only image people care about is if they win, and are they on TV.

I don't think so really. As long as they win games on the court, they will stay in favor. No one cares about money being paid out, classes not being attended, grades not being made. High level college sports is about winning and money, that is it.
The only way to have hurt them would have been to ban their coach indefinitely and to ban them from postseason play for awhile and take away scholarships. Image means nothing, because the only image people care about is if they win, and are they on TV.

Spot on.

The GH holier than thou royalty will disagree and continue to stick their heads in the sand.

I care. Of course it's all about money to the university and in most cases to the NCAA, but I would guess that it matters to the majority of college basketball fans. I want a level playing field... not illegal payments, fake classes, and loopholes.

I care. Of course it's all about money to the university and in most cases to the NCAA, but I would guess that it matters to the majority of college basketball fans. I want a level playing field... not illegal payments, fake classes, and loopholes.

I am with you. That is what I am asking for as well.

Top Bottom