Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I feel really bad about what's about to happen to Cleveland State!
    Attention: If the above comment sounds puzzling, adjust your sarcasm setting and try again.

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    For you are one of the chosen ones, my son. Please carry my other messages forward and spread them across the land.

Thou shall not root for the Badgers under any circumstances, whatsoever. Doing so will bring upon my wrath and you suffer from the same plague of obesity, stupidity, and ugliness of the one who leads the razorbacks.

They can only pay players 50k for one year.

Quote Originally Posted by Gophers7NatTitlesBadgers0 View Post
    I feel really bad about what's about to happen to Cleveland State!
    I heard from KC that it would be Missouri who would pay the price.

Quote Originally Posted by builtbadgers View Post
    Such scum. They got accreditation probabation for one year after taking measures after the scandal was revealed.
    Scum.

And title holders. Conference Championships.
    Last edited by BarnBurner; 09-21-2019 at 04:41 PM.

Anyone know the penalties for level 1 allegations?

Quote Originally Posted by mkAz View Post
    Anyone know the penalties for level 1 allegations?
    yep. no self control. usually comes with harsh penalties. looks like KU will fight it:
    "In the meantime, though, it is already clear from an initial review that the University will fiercely dispute in detail much of what has been presented." should be entertaining

Quote Originally Posted by GopherOhana View Post
    yep. no self control. usually comes with harsh penalties. looks like KU will fight it:
    "In the meantime, though, it is already clear from an initial review that the University will fiercely dispute in detail much of what has been presented." should be entertaining
    UNC 2.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Man View Post
    UNC 2.0.
    The NCAA does not penalize their money-makers..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Is this Moron #1? Put Moron #2 on the phone."

Why the show of putting them on notice then? Just to let people know they are still here? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Slim Tubby View Post
    The NCAA does not penalize their money-makers..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When is the last time the NCAA served a blue blood a notice ! Think carefully if you say UNC.

When is the last time the NCAA served a blue blood a notice ! Think carefully if you say UNC.
    For basketball I would say Kentucky in the 90s. Edit, forgot about Indiana in the 00s.

Regarding others fearing this is a repeat of NC, I do not see it that way. Syracuse & Louisville while not "blue bloods" are pretty high up on the food chain have gotten slapped with sanctions. Football USC & Ohio St have also been been handed penalties.
    Last edited by Ope3; 09-24-2019 at 09:27 AM.

Hardly ever.

Most times the NCAA accepts a "plea bargain" of self-imposition of penalties.
    Follow me on twitter: @skiumahgopher

Quote Originally Posted by GopherBlood666 View Post
    Why the show of putting them on notice then? Just to let people know they are still here? lol
    Obviously Kansas is a blue blood, but in my opinion, the NCAA definitely views them as below the holy trinity of college basketball: Duke, UNC, and Kentucky. The NCAA has shown (nowadays) that they won't touch those three programs, but if they can push around Kansas (and possibly Arizona), then it will look like the NCAA isn't playing favorites... in hopes that this will scare the living daylights out of all non-blue bloods.

Now whether they actually give Kansas the full punishment it deserves is anyone's guess, but the NCAA is hoping this makes them look tough.

Quote Originally Posted by alchemy2u View Post
    I agree. UNC as a school should have lost academic accreditation! If they will accept such meaningless classes towards degree fulfillment then they have no academic standards. They sacrificed the academic integrity of the school in order to escape cheating by their athletic department. That is totally inexcusable!
    Nailed it.

I just laugh at this. If guilty, a lifetime ban for Self and a 5 year postseason ban on the university should be the penalty. They will fight it though and maybe take down a banner or two.

UNC should have been told to do the same. That said, they are just taking advantage of the NCAA to fight themselves out of it. U of M should have done the same thing with Clem. Instead, they bent
    over and let the NCAA hammer them into nothingness. It was their surrender that doomed this program several years ago.

Do you think kids care if these schools pays their kids when deciding to go there? Heck no, if anything, they are looking for it. Don't expect anything to change until the NCAA gets tough on this. They will keep
    picking winners and losers to fill their pockets and do what is best for them and the level of play in college basketball period.