Douglas

Great Plains Gopher

Reaction score
Had only a few catches but two of them were absolutely crucial to the 95-yard winning drive; 3rd and 30 from our own five, then 4th and eight. Johnson, Bateman, Autmun-Bell and Douglas are as good a group of receivers as I can remember at the U. Now if they could only work in a tight end who can catch and throw a few to running backs (how about a screen pass once in a while?)

I believe we have the tight end who can catch the ball. However he needs to learn how to block better according to many posters on this board. Apparently in high school he was able to hold his own. Different animal he found out when playing on a higher playing field. I agree though if we could get some screen passes in there once in a while, it would clearly open up another avenue for the Gophers. Hopefully it will come together.

Douglas is good! Really four good WR that would make me tempted to try to pass the ball more often if I was in charge of the offense. I think the reason that might not be a good idea is the pass protection is not that good and that is also possibly why the TE is mostly used for blocking.
Anyway it could get really fun the if the playmakers can get the ball more often. This year even though the RB corp is deep, it really lacks a home run hitter.

I still wonder if he should have played DB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still wonder if he should have played DB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was he committed to Oregon as a DB or WR? I vaguely remember him committing to Fleck because of the opportunity to play WR.

He showed up as a clutch player. We have a good QB. We will move the ball better and better as the season progresses.

If we have 4 WR who are that talented, I wish they would go 10 personnel more often. Start making a lot of catches, you could easily see 5 men in the box. Then you break off a big run.

I wonder if that's even in the playbook.

He should get the ball on fly sweeps and wr screens.

If we have 4 WR who are that talented, I wish they would go 10 personnel more often. Start making a lot of catches, you could easily see 5 men in the box. Then you break off a big run.

Agree. For most games, our 4th best receiver is going to be better than their 4th best DB, now if the OL can just give Tanner time...

Agree. For most games, our 4th best receiver is going to be better than their 4th best DB, now if the OL can just give Tanner time...
OR
We create plays that are quick hitters and get the ball to the guys that can make plays more often it will loosen the DL and LB’s up a bit. The plays have been created and our team is not utilizing what is available

OR
We create plays that are quick hitters and get the ball to the guys that can make plays more often it will loosen the DL and LB’s up a bit. The plays have been created and our team is not utilizing what is available

Agree with this, not every throw needs to be a long developing play with a 3 second pocket. Line up in 10 formation and have slant, flat, or quick out plays to keep the defense on their heels.

And it’s not like we need to be in 10 all the time. Mix it up with 11 and 12. I’m just saying that I think we’ve been exclusive in 11 and 12 so far, and we have 4 really talented WR.

He has made some damn good grabs too. Any remember that wild catch against Nebraska last year? I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't since most people probably turned that game off by that point.

I’m sure they haven’t thought of it.

And it’s not like we need to be in 10 all the time. Mix it up with 11 and 12. I’m just saying that I think we’ve been exclusive in 11 and 12 so far, and we have 4 really talented WR.

Still means you need a QB who can presnap read and know who his hot route is when the blitz comes. It sounds awesome on NCAA on the Xbox, way harder in reality to do it consistently

I’m sure they haven’t thought of it.

What makes you say that? Do you know for sure the coaches don't have it in the playbook?? I was just asking rhetorically, I have no inside knowledge.

I see him continuing to improve as a receiver and a ST leader.

Top Bottom