Fans

builtbadgers

Reaction score
Pretty sure every single poster wants the Gophers to win big. The anger comes from the differences of opinion on what that even means and how to go about it. That is fine, it is the nature of a open forum. Really no big deal. The problem i have is the personal insults instead of a actual take on the program. There is not a standard of who is a better fan. Just because people are born and or live here and post only great opinions of the team and the coach does not make them a better fan than someone who cites facts, shares insights and observations and watches with a critical eye. We all want this to be a great program.

It's fine to be critical on a message board - I have that reputation myself on the basketball board.

The problem people have with you is that you elevate and discuss Tony Bennett and Wisky basketball non-stop on a Gopher basketball board. Do you see why people may be annoyed by that?

Pretty sure every single poster wants the Gophers to win big. The anger comes from the differences of opinion on what that even means and how to go about it. That is fine, it is the nature of a open forum. Really no big deal. The problem i have is the personal insults instead of a actual take on the program. There is not a standard of who is a better fan. Just because people are born and or live here and post only great opinions of the team and the coach does not make them a better fan than someone who cites facts, shares insights and observations and watches with a critical eye. We all want this to be a great program.

No anger. Pointing out your inconsistencies as well as the backstabbing you do of RP. And your nonstop love of programs other than the MN Gophers.

No need for it, you say you dont do it, and your posts prove otherwise.

I, for one, will continue to point out your inconsistencies and any unnecessary stabs in the back of Pitino.

I dont know if RP will ever win big here, and I am nearing the end of supporting him as well. Results are what matters to me.

Many of the posters here agree with man yof your takes, for the most part (guessing) however you assaults of RP will not be tolerated.

It's fine to be critical on a message board - I have that reputation myself on the basketball board.

The problem people have with you is that you elevate and discuss Tony Bennett and Wisky basketball non-stop on a Gopher basketball board. Do you see why people may be annoyed by that?

"builtbadgers" not necessarily endearing on Gopher msg board. No matter how much of a fan one claims to be, face it there are going to be skeptics about motives.

Built, you simply need to remove the Badger part from your name. Minnesota fans are conditioned to hate anything associated with certain words:

Wisconsin
Iowa
Badger
Hawkeye
Wolverines
Gard
BadgerBob
Kohl Center
Jump around
Pink
Sioux
Packers
Cheese
Green Bay
etc.....

So you see, it has nothing to do with you. Your a good person and an informed poster if you have to associate yourself with a Wisconsin sports team may I suggest the Brewers. We will never have any animosity for a team that celebrates home runs by having an individual take a bath in beer! (or don't they do that anymore?)

No anger. Pointing out your inconsistencies as well as the backstabbing you do of RP. And your nonstop love of programs other than the MN Gophers.

No need for it, you say you dont do it, and your posts prove otherwise.

I, for one, will continue to point out your inconsistencies and any unnecessary stabs in the back of Pitino.

I dont know if RP will ever win big here, and I am nearing the end of supporting him as well. Results are what matters to me.

Many of the posters here agree with man yof your takes, for the most part (guessing) however you assaults of RP will not be tolerated.

Assaults would be a personal type comment. My comments are about how he goes about his business , what he teaches, how he teaches and how often we lose. I also point out what i think he has done well. Opinions. Iam not back stabbing him. He is not facing forward or backward on a message board. He is paid huge dollars at a public university to run a clean program and win big. When coaches do not do that they get fired. Criticism comes with the territory. So does praise.

Built, you simply need to remove the Badger part from your name. Minnesota fans are conditioned to hate anything associated with certain words:

Wisconsin
Iowa
Badger
Hawkeye
Wolverines
Gard
BadgerBob
Kohl Center
Jump around
Pink
Sioux
Packers
Cheese
Green Bay
etc.....

So you see, it has nothing to do with you. Your a good person and an informed poster if you have to associate yourself with a Wisconsin sports team may I suggest the Brewers. We will never have any animosity for a team that celebrates home runs by having an individual take a bath in beer! (or don't they do that anymore?)

Your probably right. Iam not from either state so the Brewer thing is out. I am from Carmel California and my alma is UCLA but we keep a lake home here and i follow several programs. This is a program i care about, just get sick and tired of losing.

Carmel.....Ahhh.

So very nice! Say hi to Clint for me.

"builtbadgers" not necessarily endearing on Gopher msg board. No matter how much of a fan one claims to be, face it there are going to be skeptics about motives.

What you say and how you say it have more bearing, the last person banned was named Gopher4Life but felt pretty trollish to me.

What you say and how you say it have more bearing, the last person banned was named Gopher4Life but felt pretty trollish to me.

I find that some hate my takes, some support them. Makes no difference to me. They are simply my opinion.

Assaults would be a personal type comment. My comments are about how he goes about his business , what he teaches, how he teaches and how often we lose. I also point out what i think he has done well. Opinions. Iam not back stabbing him. He is not facing forward or backward on a message board. He is paid huge dollars at a public university to run a clean program and win big. When coaches do not do that they get fired. Criticism comes with the territory. So does praise.

Hogwash.

Admit you take shots at RP frequently, unwarranted.

Built~

I've told you this before, I enjoy your contribute, but your love of Wi/Bennets is tiring. You don't need consistently remind us that we're behind Wisconsin. You don't need to consistently remind use you love Bennet and Gard, we know you do. Past 2 decades, I put Bo Ryan behind only Tom Izzo (Izzo has won more tourney games then Bo was even in) in B1G. I think Gard will do fine at Wisconsin (Maintaining/improving on Bo's legacy, not so sure). But it's simply tiring

I would be happy with Wisconsin's success, but I would prefer to be Mi State......

Yes, running pack line D and swing offense works for Wi. Can we emulate that? I don't know. I would agree we need pick system, recruit to it. We're not going to be one and done school

He won't. He comes on here to show off his connections, which I would welcome if he wasnt a fraud about his allegiances.

How do we decide who has the correct "allegiances"? I don't always agree with his standards but I don't doubt his allegiances to this program and others. If we kicked everybody off this board that was critical (even unfairly at times) this would be a lonely place.

He won't. He comes on here to show off his connections, which I would welcome if he wasnt a fraud about his allegiances.

That is what you have is a personal judgement of me or name calling. Here to exchange ideas and opinions on the team,the program and the coach. If you hate what i write, why read it ?

He says he's a gopher fan, that's good enough for me

I don't think he needs to take message board loyalty oath/test

He says he's a gopher fan, that's good enough for me

I don't think he needs to take message board loyalty oath/test

Because i admire other programs, go to their games as well. Cheer for the Gophers but that is not good enough for some. You have to say only good things about one coach, one program. Do i lose my Gopher card for attending and cheering for UVA at the final 4 ?

Because i admire other programs, go to their games as well. Cheer for the Gophers but that is not good enough for some. You have to say only good things about one coach, one program. Do i lose my Gopher card for attending and cheering for UVA at the final 4 ?

No. I've stated my thoughts, on a gopher message board we're going to tire of consistently hearing about Bennets and Gards (and especially Wisconsin)

Hell, I'll give Wi the respect they deserve in sports, they've been better than us. It's a culmination of things why they've been better of late, and not one thing.

It's sometimes the way you go about it on a gopher message board that draws ire.

I’ve been less active than usual on this board/site because its mostly the same tired posters saying the same tired things.

The reason people are sick of built is because a lot of what he says is true. And he is pretentious, but so are most of us, myself included.

I find it odd how often he chooses to post about other programs here. Must have a ton of free time. I don’t have that kind of time or dedication to spreading the gospel of coaches I like, I guess.

No. I've stated my thoughts, on a gopher message board we're going to tire of consistently hearing about Bennets and Gards (and especially Wisconsin)

Hell, I'll give Wi the respect they deserve in sports, they've been better than us. It's a culmination of things why they've been better of late, and not one thing.

It's sometimes the way you go about it on a gopher message board that draws ire.

Thank you for saying this in a nice way. Build A Badger, I would just suggest less name dropping or adulation dropping towards programs that we do not like or enjoy their style of play and uVa. It has gotten really repetitive

How do we decide who has the correct "allegiances"? I don't always agree with his standards but I don't doubt his allegiances to this program and others. If we kicked everybody off this board that was critical (even unfairly at times) this would be a lonely place.

Where did anyone mention correct?

Nice try. Wont work. Admit you take unnecssary shots at RP.

I find that some hate my takes, some support them. Makes no difference to me. They are simply my opinion.

We have had our differences and I try not to make it personal. We can respect each other's opinion, but that doesn't mean we have to agree. I do like Pitino's potential more than some of you, and by no means do I have a lower standard.

To put it in perspective, I was years ahead of the crowd calling for Woog and Lucia to be replaced. Many looked at the overall records and said I was crazy, but I looked at the details of how they coached and expected better.

Pitino was hired as a top P5 head coach very, very early in his career. He did not have the time to develop his style, recruiting standards, roster management, etc at a lower level before he was thrown into the fire. On numerous occasions I have supplied data that shows he is on track with many other successful coaches "at this point" in his HC career. He has shown signs of improvement and that he has learned from his early mistakes. The team is still not at the level that we expect it to be, but he has taken it to the NCAA 2 out of the last 3 years (It could have been 3 years in a row without the major injuries, etc). If Pitino stop improving, then I will again expect a better coach.

Many of our fans are our own worst enemy! We have got to have hope and support our program instead of always using the past to bash our team.

We have had our differences and I try not to make it personal. We can respect each other's opinion, but that doesn't mean we have to agree. I do like Pitino's potential more than some of you, and by no means do I have a lower standard.

To put it in perspective, I was years ahead of the crowd calling for Woog and Lucia to be replaced. Many looked at the overall records and said I was crazy, but I looked at the details of how they coached and expected better.

Pitino was hired as a top P5 head coach very, very early in his career. He did not have the time to develop his style, recruiting standards, roster management, etc at a lower level before he was thrown into the fire. On numerous occasions I have supplied data that shows he is on track with many other successful coaches "at this point" in his HC career. He has shown signs of improvement and that he has learned from his early mistakes. The team is still not at the level that we expect it to be, but he has taken it to the NCAA 2 out of the last 3 years (It could have been 3 years in a row without the major injuries, etc). If Pitino stop improving, then I will again expect a better coach.

Many of our fans are our own worst enemy! We have got to have hope and support our program instead of always using the past to bash our team.

Apologies if I’ve missed it but I’d love to see this data you speak of. I don’t recall seeing it. Been a busy summer/fall for me so not much time spent on here. I recall it being the opposite though

Sheesh Built, put on your big boy pants...

If you want to come on here and call BS on everything then - expect the rest of us to call BS on your BS. You come on here and explain how your the expert and advise all the recruits and know all the coaches have a philosophy on life and fandom but you want us to make sure our comments are not hurting your feelings? You have officially upped the ante on bizarre posts.

Oh... I get it. Your trolling me/us. Good one! You got me.

I find this thread interesting. Builtbadger definitely gets attacked by many posters on GH. Some I feel might be warranted (the Wisconsin comparisons), and some I might feel are unwarranted (opinions on the Minnesota program, not involving Wisconsin).

I will say this though, some of you act like total a$$holes, and some of you type like this is a d$ck measuring contest. But hey, you get anything and everything on message boards, so nothing ever surprises me.

I find this thread interesting. Builtbadger definitely gets attacked by many posters on GH. Some I feel might be warranted (the Wisconsin comparisons), and some I might feel are unwarranted (opinions on the Minnesota program, not involving Wisconsin).

I will say this though, some of you act like total a$$holes, and some of you type like this is a d$ck measuring contest. But hey, you get anything and everything on message boards, so nothing ever surprises me.

Who started the thread? A troll trying to avoid being totally outed

Top Bottom