Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 37 of 37

Thread: Pitino = Mason

  1. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 60's Guy View Post
    The timing seems like a discussion more appropriate following the results of a poor season versus the excitement, anticipation and speculation of a promising upcoming season following a NCAA year in which we defeated Top 25 Louisville in the tournament?
    We get most angry after our best seasons. At least Pitino didn't get fired, which is what happened the previous time we won a tournament game, or the last time our football team won 9 games


  2. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bleedsmaroonandgold View Post
    We get most angry after our best seasons. At least Pitino didn't get fired, which is what happened the previous time we won a tournament game, or the last time our football team won 9 games
    Too funny! Amazing! Oh wait, it really happened... I think you answered why I'm optimistic and happy about the upcoming season...Richard didn't get fired! Who'd have guessed? Be appreciative of the seemingly little things.

  3. #33

    Default

    Over the hump? I just wish we could get back to the "consistent" success we had with Tubby.

  4. #34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Former Goofer View Post
    Over the hump? I just wish we could get back to the "consistent" success we had with Tubby.
    Consistent?

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Windom, MN
    Posts
    7,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 60's Guy View Post
    The timing seems like a discussion more appropriate following the results of a poor season versus the excitement, anticipation and speculation of a promising upcoming season following a NCAA year in which we defeated Top 25 Louisville in the tournament?
    Wow. I think you see the upcoming season a lot differently than I do. I look at this roster and all I see are question marks. Now, a lot of those questions may be answered affirmatively during the non-conference schedule - but I at least have zero idea how this team is going to play or what they're going to look like - other than a few minutes of shaky video from the games in Italy.

    It may turn into a promising season, but going into the year, I see far more questions than answers. Maybe that's just my personality coming through. But other than Gabe and Oturu, I don't see a lot of sure things on this roster. Yes, there are players with potential, but we haven't seem them play for the Gophers under Pitino yet.

    At the very least, it will be a very interesting non-conference schedule.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    380
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by short ornery norwegian View Post
    Wow. I think you see the upcoming season a lot differently than I do. I look at this roster and all I see are question marks. Now, a lot of those questions may be answered affirmatively during the non-conference schedule - but I at least have zero idea how this team is going to play or what they're going to look like - other than a few minutes of shaky video from the games in Italy.

    It may turn into a promising season, but going into the year, I see far more questions than answers. Maybe that's just my personality coming through. But other than Gabe and Oturu, I don't see a lot of sure things on this roster. Yes, there are players with potential, but we haven't seem them play for the Gophers under Pitino yet.

    At the very least, it will be a very interesting non-conference schedule.
    There is no doubt that there will be alot of question marks, but I find it funny how other than a few people on here, it seems nobody expects anything out of carr or willis even though Pitino raves about both of them.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Columbia Heights
    Posts
    467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gophereric30 View Post
    There is no doubt that there will be alot of question marks, but I find it funny how other than a few people on here, it seems nobody expects anything out of carr or willis even though Pitino raves about both of them.
    Yeah don't understand that at all, our starting lineup is more experienced and balanced then it's being given credit for. Demir may be a little weak defensively, but should be able to contribute as a smart player on the offensive end.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •