U: We're here to help you push through your Wednesday (Eric Curry sled push video)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Let's hope this is current video of Curry and not from two years ago :D

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Appears he may actually be healthy to start the season, will be a nice change of pace!

How much does that sled weigh?

Huge factor for us.

Agreed, built.

The prospect of lineup constituted of: Carr, Gabe, Willis, Curry and Oturu... is very promising. Curry's floor is high and is ceiling is very high. Athletic, versatile, skilled - if he's healthy. I think most of us have almost forgotten about him because of his persistent injury issues. But if he's healthy, that changes our prospects significantly.

This is not a knock on Carr (I've not seen him play a game yet - how could I knock him?), but if we replaced Nate Mason for Marcus Carr, that team would be in the conversation for winning for the B1G. Nate never got to play with two shooters on the floor.

Bottom line: I understand the skepticism. No one's seen these players perform together as a team. We've only seen them as individuals. But I'm optimistic.

Nothing would be better than to have Curry return to his freshman form and benefit from his experience to raise his game to it's potential!

He had so much energy and raised the bar for the rest of the team when he came into the game. I hope he gets back to what he should have been.

A healthy Curry would make us stronger at both the 4 and 5. If he can give us 20-25 productive minutes per game...that's big. That allows Omersa to play situationally for defensive spark and rebounding as he continues to develop and Demir to play when we need the shooting. Freeman can be insurance rather than 10 minutes per game as a frosh. All speculation but Curry back at 100% would be a big deal.

How much does that sled weigh?

Looked like a plate on either side, so that would be 90lbs. Pretty light I’d say. I typically do 2 plate sprints as a finisher for my squat day and I’m no Big Ten athlete in stature or conditioning.

Looked like a plate on either side, so that would be 90lbs. Pretty light I’d say. I typically do 2 plate sprints as a finisher for my squat day and I’m no Big Ten athlete in stature or conditioning.

We don't know how many reps he was doing tho... Could've been high intensity low weight type deal to help with his endurance rather than muscle growth.

Top Bottom