ESPN: Rick Pitino settles with Louisville, seeks 'new chapter'

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per ESPN:

Rick Pitino and Louisville have reached a settlement in lawsuits stemming from his departure from the school in October 2017, with Pitino receiving no money from the school, it was announced Wednesday.

"Pitino's personnel file shall reflect that his employment with ULAA ended as a result of a resignation," the settlement agreement stated.

Pitino sued the University of Louisville Athletic Association for breach of contract on Nov. 30, 2017, and was seeking more than $35 million. The ULAA filed counterclaims on Dec. 13, 2017, pursuing damages allegedly caused by the former basketball coach.

Both Pitino's lawsuit and the ULAA countersuit were mutually dismissed as a result of Wednesday's settlement.

In his individual statement, Pitino said he dropped the lawsuit against the advice of his lawyer and is looking forward to what's next in his career.

"Today, I move on to a new chapter in my life," Pitino said in a statement released by his lawyer. "... I am very proud of the many accomplishments my teams achieved at [UofL]. I'm so thankful and honored to coach such dedicated athletes. I'm also disappointed in how it ended. But as head coach I am held responsible for the actions of all team members."

The Naismith Hall of Fame coach, who led Panathinaikos to the championship in the Greek League this summer, has said that he wants to return to the full-time pursuit of a job in the NBA -- as a coach or in a player personnel or advisory role.

"I still have so much passion for the game and so many goals I want to achieve," Pitino said in his individual statement Wednesday. "From this day forward, I start my climb."

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-b...8/pitino-settles-louisville-seeks-new-chapter

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom