BC at Rutgers
MSU at NW
Auburn at Texas A&M
UCF at Pitt
Washington at BYU
Oregon at Stanford
Notre Dame at Georgia
etc.

Hmmmm... maybe a fair chance that both Northwestern and Wisconsin could lose there B1G openers. If that happened, and we beat Purdue a week later, it would be an excellent start for the Gophers.

Hmmmm... maybe a fair chance that both Northwestern and Wisconsin could lose there B1G openers. If that happened, and we beat Purdue a week later, it would be an excellent start for the Gophers.

WI/MI. That's like the #2 and #3 Big Ten teams right there.

WI/MI. That's like the #2 and #3 Big Ten teams right there.

Yep.

Michigan and Harbaugh probably have more pressure on them at this point than Wisconsin and Chryst. If Michigan has a so-so season and/or once again fails to beat Ohio State... I wonder if it could spell trouble for the man in the khakis.

The winner of this game will be a solid contender, and might start dreaming of having a shot at the playoff.

CollegeGameDay going to either Georgia or Madison, right?

Hoping for Michigan to win this week, but the best result is still for both teams to go down with season ending injuries to all their starters.

I'd like to see Georgia smoke Notre Dame, although I'm sure it will be a good game. I'm interested to see Auburn and Bo Nix go into Texas A&M. And Michigan Wisconsin should be a slug it out game.

Wouldn't mind Nebraska keeping their away streak in tact either.

Interested to see how NW does. They didn't have a great start against UNLV last week, QB had a bad int. But played a lot better later on.

Utah at USC
TN at Florida
Michigan at wisconsin
Cal at Ole Miss
BC at Rutgers
MSU at NW
Auburn at Texas A&M
UCF at Pitt
Washington at BYU
Oregon at Stanford
Notre Dame at Georgia
etc.

There are some intriguing games this weekend. Does a pounding at the hands of Utah get Helton fired (finally) or do they wait until a new AD is hired?

Wisconsin finally plays someone with a pulse. Is Coan for real? Is Michigan really as pedestrian as Army made them look?

MSU with a comedy of errors last week. Northwestern looking to make their annual resurrection from the dead. This could be a savage affair.

Notre Dame v Georgia with CFP implications and SEC bragging rights implications. Pulling for the Golden Domers in this one.

Heading to Georgia today to attend the Georgia/Notre Dame game. Nice way to spend a bye week for the Gophers.

Tomorrow night is Tulane versus Houston. I'm going with Tulane to cover the spread, and over on the score:

Spread: Tulane (-5.5 at -107)
Over/Under: 55.5 (Over at -120)

Another interesting one is UCF at Pitt. Just smells like a game UCF could choke in.

Another interesting one is UCF at Pitt. Just smells like a game UCF could choke in.

Pitts defense is good enough to beat them. Pitt is really just a poor mans Michigan state though. Offense so bad

Heading to Georgia today to attend the Georgia/Notre Dame game. Nice way to spend a bye week for the Gophers.

Have you been to a game in Athens before??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Illini D looked so brutal last week. I could easily see Neb scoring 50. How many can Illini score?
O/U in MSU - NW is 38.5. I"m going under. MSU 20 - NW 10
No clue on Mich - Wisc, but we'll find out a lot about both teams. Should be fun!

Illinois offense looked really good though. But man did a mediocre EMU walk up and down the field.

Illinois offense looked really good though. But man did a mediocre EMU walk up and down the field.

Apparently Nebraska's defense hasn't been exactly stellar so far, either. This might be a high-scoring shootout.

Would it be possible for Nebraska, Wisconsin and Northwestern to lose on the same early weekend?

Then we beat Purdue next week, and then Iowa loses at Michigan the week after that...

It... could... happen!!!!

Of course, this isn't the whole game. But just based on the highlights, EMU doesn't look mediocre to me.

I actually think their (EMU's) current head coach has done a really good job there, working with very little. Tough to get much fan base there, when it's only 6mi away to Ann Arbor. In hindsight, really poor decision to put the Eastern teaching college in that city. Oh well.

Apparently Nebraska's defense hasn't been exactly stellar so far, either. This might be a high-scoring shootout.

Would it be possible for Nebraska, Wisconsin and Northwestern to lose on the same early weekend?

Then we beat Purdue next week, and then Iowa loses at Michigan the week after that...

It... could... happen!!!!

The Neb game will only be high scoring for the Huskers. Its going to be an embarrassing blowout for Lovie. The Illini defense especially the secondary is an absolute embarrassment and is not equipped to handle this style of offense. Huskers Defense has improved big time. Its actually the offense that is finally catching up and starting to gel into what people were expecting.

Last edited:

The Neb game will only be high scoring for the Huskers. Its going to be an embarrassing blowout for Lovie. The Illini defense especially the secondary is an absolute embarrassment and is not equipped to handle this style of offense. Huskers Defense has improved big time. Its actually the offense that is finally catching up and starting to gel into what people were expecting.

Just now looked at the team stats for Nebraska so far this season. Your assessment seems pretty accurate:

GAME 1: Nebraska 35, South Alabama 21/ First Downs: Nebraska 15, South Alabama 19 / Total Yards: Nebraska 276, South Alabama 314

GAME 2: Nebraska 31, Colorado 34/ First Downs: Nebraska 19, Colorado 22 / Total Yards: Nebraska 469, Colorado 464

GAME 3: Nebraska 44, Northern Illinois 8/ First Downs: Nebraska 22, Northern Illinois 20/ Total Yards: Nebraska 525, Northern Illinois 350

Except for the Colorado game, the Husker defense has played well, judging by the numbers.

Why do The “Green Wave” wear baby blue unis?

Why do The “Green Wave” wear baby blue unis?

Wondering that myself. The Blue-Green Wave?

Either way, their watching Houston run by them all night long.

Have you been to a game in Athens before??

No. First trip to UGA. Arrived Wednesday. Weather has been fantastic - not hot/humid at all. Though I’m a northerner, I always enjoy visiting Dixie.

No. First trip to UGA. Arrived Wednesday. Weather has been fantastic - not hot/humid at all. Though I’m a northerner, I always enjoy visiting Dixie.

I live in Georgia myself and have been to many games in Athens. Would love to be able to go this weekend but can’t make it. I think you’re in for a treat. When it is over, tell us what you think. Have fun!

Top Bottom