Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 223
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    3,363

    Default

    Illini D looked so brutal last week. I could easily see Neb scoring 50. How many can Illini score?
    O/U in MSU - NW is 38.5. I"m going under. MSU 20 - NW 10
    No clue on Mich - Wisc, but we'll find out a lot about both teams. Should be fun!


  2. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sunny California
    Posts
    9,816

    Default

    Illinois offense looked really good though. But man did a mediocre EMU walk up and down the field.
    "My life has become a single, ongoing revelation that I haven't been cynical enough." - Chrisjen Avasarala

  3. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparlimb View Post
    Illinois offense looked really good though. But man did a mediocre EMU walk up and down the field.
    Apparently Nebraska's defense hasn't been exactly stellar so far, either. This might be a high-scoring shootout.

    Would it be possible for Nebraska, Wisconsin and Northwestern to lose on the same early weekend?

    Then we beat Purdue next week, and then Iowa loses at Michigan the week after that...

    It... could... happen!!!!
    --------------

    "7 National Titles...

    ... But Let's Not Get Carried Away".

  4. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparlimb View Post
    Illinois offense looked really good though. But man did a mediocre EMU walk up and down the field.
    Of course, this isn't the whole game. But just based on the highlights, EMU doesn't look mediocre to me.



    I actually think their (EMU's) current head coach has done a really good job there, working with very little. Tough to get much fan base there, when it's only 6mi away to Ann Arbor. In hindsight, really poor decision to put the Eastern teaching college in that city. Oh well.

  5. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RememberMurray View Post
    Apparently Nebraska's defense hasn't been exactly stellar so far, either. This might be a high-scoring shootout.

    Would it be possible for Nebraska, Wisconsin and Northwestern to lose on the same early weekend?

    Then we beat Purdue next week, and then Iowa loses at Michigan the week after that...

    It... could... happen!!!!
    The Neb game will only be high scoring for the Huskers. Its going to be an embarrassing blowout for Lovie. The Illini defense especially the secondary is an absolute embarrassment and is not equipped to handle this style of offense. Huskers Defense has improved big time. Its actually the offense that is finally catching up and starting to gel into what people were expecting.
    Last edited by SkerzFan; 09-19-2019 at 08:52 AM.

  6. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SkerzFan View Post
    The Neb game will only be high scoring for the Huskers. Its going to be an embarrassing blowout for Lovie. The Illini defense especially the secondary is an absolute embarrassment and is not equipped to handle this style of offense. Huskers Defense has improved big time. Its actually the offense that is finally catching up and starting to gel into what people were expecting.
    Just now looked at the team stats for Nebraska so far this season. Your assessment seems pretty accurate:


    GAME 1: Nebraska 35, South Alabama 21/ First Downs: Nebraska 15, South Alabama 19 / Total Yards: Nebraska 276, South Alabama 314


    GAME 2: Nebraska 31, Colorado 34/ First Downs: Nebraska 19, Colorado 22 / Total Yards: Nebraska 469, Colorado 464


    GAME 3: Nebraska 44, Northern Illinois 8/ First Downs: Nebraska 22, Northern Illinois 20/ Total Yards: Nebraska 525, Northern Illinois 350

    Except for the Colorado game, the Husker defense has played well, judging by the numbers.
    --------------

    "7 National Titles...

    ... But Let's Not Get Carried Away".

  7. #22

    Default

    Why do The “Green Wave” wear baby blue unis?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Consensus Top 25 Class, 4 of final 5, 80% underclassmen, Youngest Team, 2nd Youngest Team, Best Back-To-Back Classes Ever, 9 Scholarship Seniors, HS Teacher, 8-Hour Radius, Major Paycut

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sunny California
    Posts
    9,816

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spoofin View Post
    Why do The “Green Wave” wear baby blue unis?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wondering that myself. The Blue-Green Wave?

    Either way, their watching Houston run by them all night long.
    "My life has become a single, ongoing revelation that I haven't been cynical enough." - Chrisjen Avasarala

  9. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spoofin View Post
    Why do The “Green Wave” wear baby blue unis?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Recruits love 'em.
    "Do Not Be Afraid to Be A Legend"

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Corn Field
    Posts
    23,940

    Default


  11. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GophersInIowa View Post
    I'm confused why the Houston player didn't even try to make the tackle? It looks like a dive woulda got him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold Vision View Post
    Claeys talks a good game? He has the personality of a rock.

  12. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nax5 View Post
    I'm confused why the Houston player didn't even try to make the tackle? It looks like a dive woulda got him.
    That reminds me of Keenum to Diggs in the playoff game.

  13. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by U2Gopher View Post
    Have you been to a game in Athens before??


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No. First trip to UGA. Arrived Wednesday. Weather has been fantastic - not hot/humid at all. Though I’m a northerner, I always enjoy visiting Dixie.

  14. #29

    Default Week 4 Other Games Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by spermophilus View Post
    No. First trip to UGA. Arrived Wednesday. Weather has been fantastic - not hot/humid at all. Though I’m a northerner, I always enjoy visiting Dixie.
    I live in Georgia myself and have been to many games in Athens. Would love to be able to go this weekend but can’t make it. I think you’re in for a treat. When it is over, tell us what you think. Have fun!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GophersInIowa View Post
    Former coach at Georgia Southern. At Tulane he has gone: 4-8, 5-7, then 7-6 last year with a bowl win, and now 3-1 this year.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •