Week 4 Other Games Thread

I live in Georgia myself and have been to many games in Athens. Would love to be able to go this weekend but can’t make it. I think you’re in for a treat. When it is over, tell us what you think. Have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would also be interested to know what the tailgating scene is like in Athens. Is it crazy good?

I would also be interested to know what the tailgating scene is like in Athens. Is it crazy good?

Fresno had a really cool system. Looked basically like an entire parking lot that was like a county fair. With food booths and music and kids stuff. And I think someone said on the bus you could go in for free with your ticket. We didn't, wearing maroon and gold, but looked like a lot of fun. And it was right next to the stadium, so you could do your drinking and then go walk in.

Tomorrow night is Tulane versus Houston. I'm going with Tulane to cover the spread, and over on the score:

Spread: Tulane (-5.5 at -107)
Over/Under: 55.5 (Over at -120)

Called it. Inspite of their ugly unis, Tulane wins by 7 and the "over" took it.

I haven’t tailgated there in so long that I would say my experience is irrelevant, but I think Georgia’s is pretty good. I have some friends who will setup tonight and then show up in the morning at 7am. They will grill 3 meals for the day and party right up to kickoff at 8pm. Many will do the same.

When watching the Tulane-Houston game, the announcer (I think) said that Houston's punter was 30 years old. How can a 30 year old person be playing in that game?

When watching the Tulane-Houston game, the announcer (I think) said that Houston's punter was 30 years old. How can a 30 year old person be playing in that game?

It happens. BYU often has players in their late 20's due to Mormom Missions that take a couple years. And think Richard Coffee (Amir's dad) was a para-trouper before playing for the Gophers. So he was playing division one ball in his mid 20's...

I recall a player on South Carolina maybe 5-10 years ago(?) who was in his 40's.

If you never enroll, your NCAA eligibility clock never starts.

So does Utah's loss preclude the Pac 12 from the playoffs already? They won't have an undefeated team. I suppose Washington or Oregon could make it in with one loss, but unlikely they won't lose again too.

So does Utah's loss preclude the Pac 12 from the playoffs already? They won't have an undefeated team. I suppose Washington or Oregon could make it in with one loss, but unlikely they won't lose again too.

Cal, Wash State, and Arizona St are 3-0, at the moment. Cal beat Washington in Seattle, in a rain-delayed game.

SEC Champ is almost guaranteed in.
Clemson is almost guaranteed in.

That leaves PAC champ, Big Ten champ, Big XII champ, Notre Dame, and probably the SEC runner-up and/or highest ranked team not in the SEC Champ game, fighting for the other two.

For those that like to compare scores and are upset that the Gophers didn't beat GSU by over 50 points, maybe you'll be comforted in knowing that USC beat #10 Utah by 7 points last night, and only beat FSU (a team the Gophers beat) by 8 points. For those who are still upset, I tried ��

For those that like to compare scores and are upset that the Gophers didn't beat GSU by over 50 points, maybe you'll be comforted in knowing that USC beat #10 Utah by 7 points last night, and only beat FSU (a team the Gophers beat) by 8 points. For those who are still upset, I tried ��

Here are some interesting numbers.

Utah total offense against USC: 457
Fresno total offense against USC: 462
Fresno total offense against Minnesota: 345

This officiating crew at Mich Wisconsin is so bad. Just overturned a clear catch and a huge momentum changer. Looks like same creepy crew we’ve had a few times.

Wisconsin looks tough.

This officiating crew at Mich Wisconsin is so bad. Just overturned a clear catch and a huge momentum changer. Looks like same creepy crew we’ve had a few times.

Wisconsin looks tough.

That was a terrible call, ball never moved. No idea what the striped shirt was looking at?

That was a terrible call, ball never moved. No idea what the striped shirt was looking at?

I'm getting so sick of officials overturning borderline calls. Remember when "indisputable evidence" meant something? If the announcers (and people on the couch) aren't quite sure, that's not indisputable. Replay has gotten out of control.

Bad call, amongst the worst I’ve seen this season but probably not going to change the outcome. Michigan isn’t competitive.

Wi looks really good

Mi not so much

Wonder what they are saying on the Michigan board.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

I’m glad we don’t play Wisconsin until the last game of the season. A lot can change in two months.

How did Wisconsin suddenly get so much better on the OL by losing a bunch of guys to the NFL, while the Gophers returned everyone up front and got much worse?

Just saw the replay of that overturn. Wow, that is bad. Just like Michigan looks today. Harbaugh's seat getting warm?

Wisconsin is really good.

How did Wisconsin suddenly get so much better on the OL by losing a bunch of guys to the NFL, while the Gophers returned everyone up front and got much worse?

Are you seriously asking this question about Wisconsin? Are you new to football?

Just saw the replay of that overturn. Wow, that is bad. Just like Michigan looks today. Harbaugh's seat getting warm?

Wisconsin is really good.

Michigan did not look good against Army at all. Might be a sign that Michigan is not as good as anticipated this year. Wisconsin on the other hand is pitching a shutout on the season which is not easy to do in any situation, as someone else mentioned, glad we don't play them till the end of the season.

Haven't seen any of the game due to my kids sports but looked at the stats and Wicsonsin is winning the TOP battle 23min to 7 min...that is domination in every sense of the word.

Top Bottom