Purdue Injury Update.

The land of concussions seems to be such a mystery.

You have folks who take a pounding and a long career and don't seem to have life long problems.

Other folks it sets in early in life :(

There have been some studies that show "concussions" themselves may just be the most obvious indicator of brain trauma... but not at all a good indicator of issues.

kind of the issue with concussions in general. you have to report symptoms. some people don't (see Calvin Johnson). Some people it really messes with and they can't function. Hope this kid does what is right for his safety and health long term

I don’t think he’s going to play. Hopefully, he can overcome this, but I don’t think it’s worth risking his long term health over a football game. I’d sit him.

Brohm says he still in protocol so probably not as of today.

Even if he does play against us, he may be rusty if it's been 3 weeks for him without practicing.

If he is going to play this week he will have to get back out there pretty quick. Would assume that if he is in the concussion protocol still, he has not been able to attend meetings or study film much since screens are a big no no when dealing with concussions usually. That would put him way behind in terms of game prep for facing us. If he plays at all at this point I would expect it to be in a limited capacity.

If he is going to play this week he will have to get back out there pretty quick. Would assume that if he is in the concussion protocol still, he has not been able to attend meetings or study film much since screens are a big no no when dealing with concussions usually. That would put him way behind in terms of game prep for facing us. If he plays at all at this point I would expect it to be in a limited capacity.

If screens are a big no no ... how do you even study?

I think that depends on the severity of the concussion. Some guys may get headaches from bright lights and loud noises but other times they may feel fine and are able to do everything they normally do aside from play football while in protocol and just need to pass their baseline test.

Sindelar however was not on the sidelines at the game, watched it at their facility instead so maybe he hasn't been in meeting and such.

Very surprising the Vanderbilt player that speared him in the head as he was going down wasn’t ejected for targeting. The rule continues to be applied in absurdly varying ways across the country.

Very surprising the Vanderbilt player that speared him in the head as he was going down wasn’t ejected for targeting. The rule continues to be applied in absurdly varying ways across the country.

Didn't see the hit on Sindelar that caused the concussion but agree that the enforcement/interpretation of targeting is still very inconsistent across college football.

It seems that there was a rule change this year where maybe a coach can ask the referees to review a play to look for a targeting even if a flag was not thrown. I think it was in the Fresno State game where Fleck asked the refs to review one where Ibrahim was targeted. Nice change in my book.

the true freshman wide receiver David Bell has some legit skills...if he is out that would help...

Lorenzo Neal was a captain and honorable mention all big ten defensive tackle for Purdue; him still recovering from knee is big.

Losing their best defensive player, linebacker Markus Bailey, a senior captain, had to be devastating.

Their best running back, Tario Fuller, another veteran, is recovering from broken jaw. Another good running back, Richie Worship, still coming back from knee injury.

Really some key tough blows for them so far.

the true freshman wide receiver David Bell has some legit skills...if he is out that would help...

Lorenzo Neal was a captain and honorable mention all big ten defensive tackle for Purdue; him still recovering from knee is big.

Losing their best defensive player, linebacker Markus Bailey, a senior captain, had to be devastating.

Their best running back, Tario Fuller, another veteran, is recovering from broken jaw. Another good running back, Richie Worship, still coming back from knee injury.

Wow. This sounds like the Gopher basketball injury list from a couple years ago.

McShay had Neal as a projected top 15 overall pick going into the season.

Starting WR Jared Sparks and their most experienced O-lineman Matt McCann are also questionable along with Sindelar. I'm thinking McCann plays but Sparks might not.

McShay had Neal as a projected top 15 overall pick going into the season.

Starting WR Jared Sparks and their most experienced O-lineman Matt McCann are also questionable along with Sindelar. I'm thinking McCann plays but Sparks might not.

As far as injuries go, I always look at the Vegas Odds. Yesterday, they were split amongst -1/+1. Today, they're all -1 Gophers. If Sindelar's not practicing tomorrow, it should go to -3/-4 Gophers

Someone on a Purdue forum just posted that Sindelar practiced today. I haven't seen that news posted on twitter or anything though.

Yeah, there's a big difference between being ready to practice at a position that doesn't get hit in practice vs actually getting hit in games.

I'm still almost certain he will not play. Point spread has been steadily going up in the Gophers favor.

Was split -1/+1 as of Monday. Now -1 1/2 Gophers.

Yeah, there's a big difference between being ready to practice at a position that doesn't get hit in practice vs actually getting hit in games.

I wouldn’t put it past Brohm to be misleading about Sindelar’s status. That man hates him some PJ Fleck. I hope the Gophers throttle Purdue and he and Heather make out right in front of Brohm.

I wouldn’t put it past Brohm to be misleading about Sindelar’s status. That man hates him some PJ Fleck. I hope the Gophers throttle Purdue and he and Heather make out right in front of Brohm.

I nominate this as post of the year!! Haha... that would be awesome.

I could see that for say a pulled muscle or "bilateral something or other"... but I'd be really nervous about playing silly games with stuff like concussions even if just being deceptive outwardly. Too much focus on this to have something happen later and "hey look a history of not being consistent with concussions".

I'm still almost certain he will not play. Point spread has been steadily going up in the Gophers favor.

Was split -1/+1 as of Monday. Now -1 1/2 Gophers.

That doesn't mean they know anything more than us.

The o/u number has been dropping too. They may not know more than us, but people betting clearly don’t think Sindelar will play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The week of the TCU game, Sindelar practiced on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Then on Thursday, "something came up." and they had to restart the process over again.

Sindelar practiced this Tuesday so my guess would be unless something comes up again this week, he will play. We'll see though.

Top Bottom