Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 66
  1. #1

    Default Purdue Injury Update.

    Following Purdue's Tuesday bye-week practice, Boilermaker coach Jeff Brohm met with local media and updated a few of his team's higher-profile injury situations.

    A quick recap:

    • On quarterback Elijah Sindelar, who missed the TCU game with a concussion, he remains in the protocol and will continue to be monitored. "Hopefully sometime soon," Brohm said, regarding clearance.

    • On freshman wide receiver David Bell, who injured his shoulder vs. TCU: Brohm said Bell will "work hard to get back" and that Purdue is "hopeful to get him back" for the Minnesota game after the bye week.

    Bell was at practice Tuesday but did not participate.

    • On defensive tackle Lorenzo Neal: Per Neal, via Brohm, the Penn State game seems to be his target date for his season debut. The senior defensive tackle has yet to play this season after injuring his ACL in the regular season finale at Indiana last November.

    • On wide receiver Jared Sparks: His ankle injury "may take a little time."

    • On offensive lineman Matt McCann, who missed TCU with an ankle injury: "We're hopeful to get him back (for Minnesota), but he's still working on rehab, trying to get better and we'll see where he is."

    • On running back Tario Fuller, who's recovering from a broken jaw: "I don't know a time frame yet, but he has a ways to go."


    https://purdue.rivals.com/news/updat...esday-practice


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  2. #2

    Default

    So sounds like QB Sindelar, OL McCann and WR Bell have a good chance to play against us but WR Sparks, DT Neal, RB Fuller probably won't play along with LB Bailey.

    Gophers have been fortunate to not have any major injuries during the 3 OOC games except for Annexstad but most preferred Morgan anyways.

  3. #3

    Default

    That fact that Sindelar is still in the concussion protocol 10 days later is a little pesky.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PitinoFan View Post
    That fact that Sindelar is still in the concussion protocol 10 days later is a little pesky.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Concussions have no consistency in how long players take to clear protocol. Some people are fine the next day, and occasionally you'll find someone who has a concussion and is never the same again.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    4,868
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Gophers have been lucky so far this season. It sounds like a lot of the guys that have missed time were held out to be on the safe side as the team builds up for the conference season. Playing through pesky injury will be the norm from here on out.

    I agree, to still be in concussion protocol this long after the incident is a bit concerning for their QB, although if I were to bet - I'd say he'll be playing against the Gophers. Gopher pass defense will get a huge test.

  6. #6

    Default

    A Morneau like concussion recovery time-line for Sindelar would not bother me at all!

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Schnauzer View Post
    Gophers have been lucky so far this season. It sounds like a lot of the guys that have missed time were held out to be on the safe side as the team builds up for the conference season. Playing through pesky injury will be the norm from here on out.

    I agree, to still be in concussion protocol this long after the incident is a bit concerning for their QB, although if I were to bet - I'd say he'll be playing against the Gophers. Gopher pass defense will get a huge test.
    What we don't really know is how many other concussions Sindelar has had during his career, assuming this is not his first could certainly explain why it would take longer for him to get back. Won't be surprised if he is under center when we play though.

    Neal still being out is good news for the Gophers. I can recall him being problematic in previous matchups against them. If I am thinking of the right guy he is a pretty solid DT.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    12,239

    Default

    Have to think Sindelar will be back. I’m not sure that’s all bad. He like to gunsling it and is prone to turning it over. OTOH will our guys be able to defend vs a heavy pass attack? We’re going to find out.

    Huge game for both teams. Chili’s already hot 10 days out.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pompous Elitist View Post
    Have to think Sindelar will be back. I’m not sure that’s all bad. He like to gunsling it and is prone to turning it over. OTOH will our guys be able to defend vs a heavy pass attack? We’re going to find out.

    Huge game for both teams. Chili’s already hot 10 days out.
    Absolutely huge game. Purdue trying to get season back on track, and show some improvement over the last two years. Gophers trying to prove they're for real, and not suffer another melt-down as soon as the first Big Ten game comes around.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Bloomington, MN
    Posts
    3,279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Otis View Post
    A Morneau like concussion recovery time-line for Sindelar would not bother me at all!
    It would bother me. Hopefully he gets well soon. Concussions suck and I wish him the best.
    "A lot of guys look good running around in underwear." - 414GopherFan

  11. #11

    Default

    A timely, relevant injury update. Thanks PF!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Kasson, MN
    Posts
    1,398

    Default

    I’m assuming he plays. I’m not aware of concussion history but last week, Brohm described it as a slight one with caveat he’s no expert so TCU prepares for both - which we will end up doing as well as long as he keeps that narrative going.

    Interesting to note that he had a 6th year granted to him for 2020. Seems to be a pretty tough kid too given 2 years ago he played with a torn ACL last 4 games. I haven’t watched Purdue this season but have read OL has been an issue first few games. For those of you that have seen them, is that an accurate assessment?

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck_Buchanan View Post
    I’m assuming he plays. I’m not aware of concussion history but last week, Brohm described it as a slight one with caveat he’s no expert so TCU prepares for both - which we will end up doing as well as long as he keeps that narrative going.

    Interesting to note that he had a 6th year granted to him for 2020. Seems to be a pretty tough kid too given 2 years ago he played with a torn ACL last 4 games. I haven’t watched Purdue this season but have read OL has been an issue first few games. For those of you that have seen them, is that an accurate assessment?
    Yes, they are very weak at O-line as well as at RB. They have good receivers although two of their top 4 guys may or not play, a good starting QB but poor backup, and a very good TE. They are also very weak against the run. And Nevada and Vandy put up quite a few yards through the air as well. So really their pass catches and starting QB are good but everything else needs work.

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
    A timely, relevant injury update. Thanks PF!
    If not timely it would just be trolling.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Consensus Top 25 Class, 4 of final 5, 80% underclassmen, Youngest Team, 2nd Youngest Team, Best Back-To-Back Classes Ever, 9 Scholarship Seniors, HS Teacher, 8-Hour Radius, Major Paycut

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    12,239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spoofin View Post
    If not timely it would just be trolling.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The injury paradox.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •