Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Tanner Morgan currently 8th best QB in nation on 3rd/4th downs

Go Gophers!!

Very cool! I am kind of surprised he is not top 3.

Combined records of the 9 teams listed on that graphic:
    22-4 (kentucky is listed twice, oddly)

Nice. He’s also tied for 17th in the country in yards per attempt (9.7), and is 24th in passer rating (170.2).

http://www.espn.com/college-football...rterbackRating

He’d probably do even better if he wasn’t either getting hit as he throws, or chased out of the pocket so often. An effective running game would help too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by PitinoFan; 09-17-2019 at 09:06 AM.

Blog Entries

yeah, figured he'd be higher actually. Seems to be "money" on third downs. Actually, I wonder if he would be higher if this included third AND fourth down.

I just hope we get to see this continue against teams like Penn State, Iowa, and Wisconsin and this doesn't become a footnote from an underwhelming 2019 non conference schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Schnauzer View Post
    yeah, figured he'd be higher actually. Seems to be "money" on third downs. Actually, I wonder if he would be higher if this included third AND fourth down.

I just hope we get to see this continue against teams like Penn State, Iowa, and Wisconsin and this doesn't become a footnote from an underwhelming 2019 non conference schedule.
    It does.

Strange schools on that list.

It was so interesting watching NFL quarterbacks this weekend, and how they're puppet masters in moving linebackers and safeties with their head and eyes in order to create room for their receivers. No question that Morgan stares down his target much too often, but I don't think he's alone in the college ranks. That kind of thing comes with years of experience.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by die hard gopher View Post
    It does.
    duh, my reading failure obvious. Well, then, does it include 5th down?

Quote Originally Posted by Urbandale View Post
    It was so interesting watching NFL quarterbacks this weekend, and how they're puppet masters in moving linebackers and safeties with their head and eyes in order to create room for their receivers. No question that Morgan stares down his target much too often, but I don't think he's alone in the college ranks. That kind of thing comes with years of experience.
    He definitely could do a better job of looking off the LBs
    and safeties. This offense isn’t very complicated. The primary receiver is usually the one drawing single coverage, and since the backs and TEs have to help our sh*t o-line block, Tanner has no safety valve option. If the primary route isn’t open, he’s screwed. Fortunately, we have stud receivers, who usually get open, but a smart Big Ten defensive coordinator will likely be able to scheme against that easily. The season comes down to whether they can get the o-line fixed, so they can run more effectively and open up the playbook a little more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by PitinoFan; 09-17-2019 at 09:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbandale View Post
    Years of experience but you're also taking like 3% of college QBs (just a % I picked, but probably kinda close) and watching them in the NFL. The elite of the elite make it to the NFL.

Go Gophers!!

What about on 3rd and 4th down in the last 2 minutes of a game?

Where does he rank on 1st down?
    "A lot of guys look good running around in underwear." - 414GopherFan

What about arm strength? That should factor in there somewhere!?!
    Gopher football fan since 1924. DNA-wise.

There has to be a clutch to arm strength ratio somewhere.