POLL! - Who will be the leading Rusher vs Purdue?

Who will be the leading rusher against Purdue?

• Rodney

Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Mo

Votes: 39 49.4%
  • Shannon

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Bryce

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cam

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters

Dano564

Fleck Superfan
Reaction score
POLL! - Who will be the leading Rusher vs Purdue?

I’m going with Mo.

As long as it’s not Tanner.....

Please Mo. I doubt Rodney will be totally recovered. Wiley looks the part but needs to redshirt. Bryce is what he is. Hopefully Shannon gets eased back in.

Brooks - He is my favorite to watch. Just like a race horse, I think they will push him until he breaks.

Brooks - He is my favorite to watch. Just like a race horse, I think they will push him until he breaks.

He's my favorite to watch as well. He explodes into contact like few RB's I've seen.

Please Mo. I doubt Rodney will be totally recovered. Wiley looks the part but needs to redshirt. Bryce is what he is. Hopefully Shannon gets eased back in.

Is it too late for Wiley to redshirt?

I’m going to keep my guess a secret until game time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Am I the only one that has lost all excitement about Brooks due to the injuries?

I don’t mean to hurt any Brooks fans out there, because I still am a fan of him myself. But I just don’t think he’ll come back as powerful as we all remember him to be. I feel like the hype building up to his return is a bit for nothing. I think Rodney and Ibrahim have enough talent between the two of them that we should basically just be hoping Brooks comes back for our depth’s sake.

Bryce is what he is.

Its clear that Bryce isn't at the level he needs to be now, but I think that with some more patience and vision he could be great. He has good size and speed yet he seems to run into a wall of players rather than find the hole.

Am I the only one that has lost all excitement about Brooks due to the injuries?

I don’t mean to hurt any Brooks fans out there, because I still am a fan of him myself. But I just don’t think he’ll come back as powerful as we all remember him to be. I feel like the hype building up to his return is a bit for nothing. I think Rodney and Ibrahim have enough talent between the two of them that we should basically just be hoping Brooks comes back for our depth’s sake.

You might be right, but I think it's a mentality for him. We saw it when he ran against Indiana. If you are going to tackle him, he's going to punish you while you do it. Maybe that will change when he comes back.

Its clear that Bryce isn't at the level he needs to be now, but I think that with some more patience and vision he could be great. He has good size and speed yet he seems to run into a wall of players rather than find the hole.

I like Bryce. I think it's a patience / timing thing for him. I think he's more of a avoid tackles running back than a break tackles running back.

Mo. Fleck will not over work Rodney and Shannon.

Get/Stay healthy boys.

As long as it's not Seth Green.

I seem to remember the Seth package working pretty good against Purdue in last year's 41-10 ass-kicking...Ibrahim was 8.6 yards per carry for 155 vs purdue last year...Bryce was 7.6 yards per carry for 68...Brooks was 6.4 yards per carry in 2017...Seth added 30 yards last year rushing...Bryce and Seth both had rushing TDs last year (Seth also threw for a TD)...

They miss Beebe blocking in the loaded run game...need Paulson, and/or Kieft and/or Witham to really step up....Gophs have shown a three tight end package this year....Paulson had a receiving TD last year vs Boilers...

Is the Spann-Ford talk all hype or are they waiting to unleash him in Big Ten play?...

Hoping the secondary shows out with some picks...Kiondre and Durr have been solid; should get tested this week...will need a third cover guy versus Purdue (Willamson? T Smith? Juste? Nubin?) and good safety play...Winfield has looked good...Howden has looked better...Howden didn't play much vs Georgia option game...

hope Kamal is back...need Barber to be better than he has been...they miss Cashman at linebacker, Huff in secondary

Boye Mafe looks like he's ready to really break out...will need pressure vs Purdue pass game...Coughlin needs to play like an All Big Ten, NFL prospect senior...

would love to see more from Otomewo, Teague, Schad who all came in with a lot of hype...

four star o-line recruits need to show out...Olson needs to be the leader with attitude

special teams need to be special...Herbers needs to pin down that purdue offense...lot of young guys on special teams who need to step up their blocking and tackling

ball is the program culture needs to show up....disciplined, among best in nation no penalty culture needs to show up

need a Prefontaine pace with a Nekton mentality on the road...Purdue will likely have both, but may not be in their cultural DNA like it is in ours

I am still saving my ticket stubs to frame for what should be a memorable season...we are one of few teams left that can still go uindefeated!...10-2 season is still very doable...rack up some wins next two weeks and build up some home field excitement for Nebraska...6-0 after that and there will be buzz... take care of business vs bad Rutgers team and year zero Maryland team...rest up and schem during bye week and let's see what happens in final four games!!!

Northwestern looking down, Iowa offense struggling...love getting PSU and UW at home! we have good track record vs PSU and PJ has reversed the cultural thought on Badgers...

9-3 should be secondary expectation...8-4 should be minimum...7-5 would be disappointing

Last edited:

I seem to remember the Seth package working pretty good against Purdue in last year's 41-10 ass-kicking...Ibrahim was 8.6 yards per carry for 155 vs purdue last year...Bryce was 7.6 yards per carry for 68...Brooks was 6.4 yards per carry in 2017...Seth added 30 yards last year rushing...Bryce and Seth both had rushing TDs last year (Seth also threw for a TD)...

They miss Beebe blocking in the loaded run game...need Paulson, and/or Kieft and/or Witham to really step up....Gophs have shown a three tight end package this year....Paulson had a receiving TD last year vs Boilers...

Is the Spann-Ford talk all hype or are they waiting to unleash him in Big Ten play?...

Hoping the secondary shows out with some picks...Kiondre and Durr have been solid; should get tested this week...will need a third cover guy versus Purdue (Willamson? T Smith? Juste? Nubin?) and good safety play...Winfield has looked good...Howden has looked better...Howden didn't play much vs Georgia option game...

hope Kamal is back...need Barber to be better than he has been...they miss Cashman at linebacker, Huff in secondary

Boye Mafe looks like he's ready to really break out...will need pressure vs Purdue pass game...Coughlin needs to play like an All Big Ten, NFL prospect senior...

would love to see more from Otomewo, Teague, Schad who all came in with a lot of hype...

four star o-line recruits need to show out...Olson needs to be the leader with attitude

special teams need to be special...Herbers needs to pin down that purdue offense...lot of young guys on special teams who need to step up their blocking and tackling

ball is the program culture needs to show up....disciplined, among best in nation no penalty culture needs to show up

need a Prefontaine pace with a Nekton mentality on the road...Purdue will likely have both, but may not be in their cultural DNA like it is in ours

I am still saving my ticket stubs to frame for what should be a memorable season...we are one of few teams left that can still go uindefeated!...10-2 season is still very doable...rack up some wins next two weeks and build up some home field excitement for Nebraska...6-0 after that and there will be buzz... take care of business vs bad Rutgers team and year zero Maryland team...rest up and schem during bye week and let's see what happens in final four games!!!

Northwestern looking down, Iowa offense struggling...love getting PSU and UW at home! we have good track record vs PSU and PJ has reversed the cultural thought on Badgers...

9-3 should be secondary expectation...8-4 should be minimum...7-5 would be disappointing

Love your enthusiasm, wish more Gopher fans spoke like this. I’m done with the dreary negativity and griping I see from Gopher fans every week. I don’t think I’ve seen a more depressing following of any team. Went to the Nebraska game last year when they were 0-6, and we were expected to win. They loaded their stadium, sold out. It was incredible, and I love their fans and their stadium because of the energy those fans have. If we had that here, and fans would stop whining, and show up to games, and be supportive, we’d have some real fun at the Bank.

Love your enthusiasm, wish more Gopher fans spoke like this. I’m done with the dreary negativity and griping I see from Gopher fans every week. I don’t think I’ve seen a more depressing following of any team. Went to the Nebraska game last year when they were 0-6, and we were expected to win. They loaded their stadium, sold out. It was incredible, and I love their fans and their stadium because of the energy those fans have. If we had that here, and fans would stop whining, and show up to games, and be supportive, we’d have some real fun at the Bank.

It really is a Farmers Alliance. Negativity spreads like weeds to your friends and neighbors. Keep your fields clean!

Callahan is strongly embedded in Elite Culture having been at WMU. His unit's Response after bye week will be HYPPR! O-line play often comes down to HOW! Our culture has elite Howphers.

I like Bryce. I think it's a patience / timing thing for him. I think he's more of a avoid tackles running back than a break tackles running back.

I kind of agree. I think you are right regarding patience. I think that he hasn't really learned to see cutback lanes / options as well, so if he doesn't hole initially, he just runs forward into his blockers. I wonder if he'd benefit from being a little further back in his set? I don't think that would work on RPO plays however.

You might be right, but I think it's a mentality for him. We saw it when he ran against Indiana. If you are going to tackle him, he's going to punish you while you do it. Maybe that will change when he comes back.

Yes, but he also had two critical fumbles in that game.

Top Bottom