Ski-U-Mah Lot question

2nd Degree Gopher

Reaction score
I noticed prior to the SDSU game that there was some construction-related equipment on the empty piece of land just east (or southeast) of the Ski-U-Mah Lot. Saturday it appeared that there was some type of site preparation work underway and a construction fence was set up on the east end of the lot taking out about 15 parking spaces. From what I saw, it didn't look like there was any excavation, so I am thinking it is probably an expansion of the parking lot. Anyone know what the plan is for that space?

If I understand the area you're referring to, the U owns this and uses it for its rec sports dome for winter rec sports programs for students. This article is old but probably will confirm that what you saw is just related to rec sports projects (maybe even getting ready to put the dome up).

https://www.minnpost.com/politics-p...ble-demolish-electric-steel-elevator-complex/

Thanks for the response, but I am actually referring to the patch of land that's adjacent to the Ski-U-Mah Lot, between the lot and 25th Avenue. It's the little unbuilt area immediately to the left of the yellow circle on the picture in the article you linked.

Top Bottom