Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Minneapolis

Quote Originally Posted by BarnBurner View Post
    We should ban bicycles correct?
    No, he doesn't believe there are any problems.
    Aloha Mr. Hand

There is an element of risk to all things. Having some situational awareness is a good skill to have.

Looks like the police have done an excellent job of rounding up some very bad guys.

Quote Originally Posted by saintpaulguy View Post
    There is an element of risk to all things. Having some situational awareness is a good skill to have.

Looks like the police have done an excellent job of rounding up some very bad guys.
    Only because the media finally started to report it. The last five years...not so much.
    Aloha Mr. Hand

Quote Originally Posted by justthefacts View Post
    I really like how there is a contingent of people on this Minnesota message board who are continually trying to prove that Minnesota sucks
    Not only that, but I've always found fascinating how a large contingent (mostly overlapping the one you mention) is openly hostile to higher education while posting on the fan board relating to an institution of higher education.

Minnesota is awesome! The culture is great, the people are great. It's beautiful. I like the weather for the most part. If we could just get rid of the progs. And the prog factories. Change those a bit, and it could be even better.

Quote Originally Posted by dpodoll68 View Post
    Not only that, but I've always found fascinating how a large contingent (mostly overlapping the one you mention) is openly hostile to higher education while posting on the fan board relating to an institution of higher education.
    They are usually the people who vote no to anything school related as well. "Not my tax dollars!"
    Aloha Mr. Hand

Quote Originally Posted by tikited View Post
    They are usually the people who vote no to anything school related as well. "Not my tax dollars!"
    As a corollary, any increase requested by the teacher's union is a flat no, but if the police union says they need more, it should be a blank check.

Quote Originally Posted by justthefacts View Post
    I really like how there is a contingent of people on this Minnesota message board who are continually trying to prove that Minnesota sucks
    Since I started the other thread -- not sure why we needed another thread for this -- I would like to reply, even if you weren't accusing me of anything.

I don't think Minnesota, the Cities, or Minneapolis "sucks". I think the opposite. I am however very disappointed to see that such a brutal beating could occur in our downtown, in broad daylight. There has already been a strong response, including the proposal to hire more police officers to patrol downtown.

Blog Entries

As long as the politics you support keeps creating these people, you will live with them on your streets.
    Kingdom Warriors

Quote Originally Posted by dpodoll68 View Post
    It's because they take pleasure in a feeling of superiority derived from a contrarian position.

Quote Originally Posted by GopherNE View Post
    It's because they take pleasure in a feeling of superiority derived from a contrarian position.
    Or.....OR, hear me out, it could be that higher education has been hijacked by the left. And it's not "being openly hostile to higher education" as it is "being openly hostile to the leftist agenda now dominating college campuses". That and the giant check the government writes them, which has led to an explosion of tuition costs, debt for college students, and now calls for a blank gov't check rather than just a giant one.

Quote Originally Posted by saintpaulguy View Post
    As a corollary, any increase requested by the teacher's union is a flat no, but if the police union says they need more, it should be a blank check.
    In my district, the teachers have rarely if ever not received annual increases. One of my friends on the school board always justified it.

Quote Originally Posted by Section2 View Post
    Or.....OR, hear me out, it could be that higher education has been hijacked by the left. And it's not "being openly hostile to higher education" as it is "being openly hostile to the leftist agenda now dominating college campuses". That and the giant check the government writes them, which has led to an explosion of tuition costs, debt for college students, and now calls for a blank gov't check rather than just a giant one.

Quote Originally Posted by BarnBurner View Post
    In my district, the teachers have rarely if ever not received annual increases. One of my friends on the school board always justified it.
    This post clearly is made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Section2 View Post
    You make me feel like I missed out on the real student experience. Unfortunately all I got was learning You must be pretty far removed from the current student experience, and allowed news articles to color your perception. You should audit a night class for fun.

Can't argue on the costs, but luckily I went into STEM.