Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 32

Thread: Minneapolis

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Right behind you
    Posts
    12,579

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BarnBurner View Post
    We should ban bicycles correct?
    No, he doesn't believe there are any problems.
    Aloha Mr. Hand


  2. #17

    Default

    There is an element of risk to all things. Having some situational awareness is a good skill to have.

    Looks like the police have done an excellent job of rounding up some very bad guys.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Right behind you
    Posts
    12,579

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saintpaulguy View Post
    There is an element of risk to all things. Having some situational awareness is a good skill to have.

    Looks like the police have done an excellent job of rounding up some very bad guys.
    Only because the media finally started to report it. The last five years...not so much.
    Aloha Mr. Hand

  4. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by justthefacts View Post
    I really like how there is a contingent of people on this Minnesota message board who are continually trying to prove that Minnesota sucks
    Not only that, but I've always found fascinating how a large contingent (mostly overlapping the one you mention) is openly hostile to higher education while posting on the fan board relating to an institution of higher education.

  5. #20

    Default

    Minnesota is awesome! The culture is great, the people are great. It's beautiful. I like the weather for the most part. If we could just get rid of the progs. And the prog factories. Change those a bit, and it could be even better.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Right behind you
    Posts
    12,579

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dpodoll68 View Post
    Not only that, but I've always found fascinating how a large contingent (mostly overlapping the one you mention) is openly hostile to higher education while posting on the fan board relating to an institution of higher education.
    They are usually the people who vote no to anything school related as well. "Not my tax dollars!"
    Aloha Mr. Hand

  7. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tikited View Post
    They are usually the people who vote no to anything school related as well. "Not my tax dollars!"
    As a corollary, any increase requested by the teacher's union is a flat no, but if the police union says they need more, it should be a blank check.

  8. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by justthefacts View Post
    I really like how there is a contingent of people on this Minnesota message board who are continually trying to prove that Minnesota sucks
    Since I started the other thread -- not sure why we needed another thread for this -- I would like to reply, even if you weren't accusing me of anything.

    I don't think Minnesota, the Cities, or Minneapolis "sucks". I think the opposite. I am however very disappointed to see that such a brutal beating could occur in our downtown, in broad daylight. There has already been a strong response, including the proposal to hire more police officers to patrol downtown.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    31,486
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    As long as the politics you support keeps creating these people, you will live with them on your streets.
    Kingdom Warriors

  10. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dpodoll68 View Post
    Not only that, but I've always found fascinating how a large contingent (mostly overlapping the one you mention) is openly hostile to higher education while posting on the fan board relating to an institution of higher education.
    It's because they take pleasure in a feeling of superiority derived from a contrarian position.

  11. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GopherNE View Post
    It's because they take pleasure in a feeling of superiority derived from a contrarian position.
    Or.....OR, hear me out, it could be that higher education has been hijacked by the left. And it's not "being openly hostile to higher education" as it is "being openly hostile to the leftist agenda now dominating college campuses". That and the giant check the government writes them, which has led to an explosion of tuition costs, debt for college students, and now calls for a blank gov't check rather than just a giant one.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Reality, USA
    Posts
    9,095

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saintpaulguy View Post
    As a corollary, any increase requested by the teacher's union is a flat no, but if the police union says they need more, it should be a blank check.
    In my district, the teachers have rarely if ever not received annual increases. One of my friends on the school board always justified it.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Reality, USA
    Posts
    9,095

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Section2 View Post
    Or.....OR, hear me out, it could be that higher education has been hijacked by the left. And it's not "being openly hostile to higher education" as it is "being openly hostile to the leftist agenda now dominating college campuses". That and the giant check the government writes them, which has led to an explosion of tuition costs, debt for college students, and now calls for a blank gov't check rather than just a giant one.

  14. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BarnBurner View Post
    In my district, the teachers have rarely if ever not received annual increases. One of my friends on the school board always justified it.
    This post clearly is made up.

  15. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Section2 View Post
    Or.....OR, hear me out, it could be that higher education has been hijacked by the left. And it's not "being openly hostile to higher education" as it is "being openly hostile to the leftist agenda now dominating college campuses". That and the giant check the government writes them, which has led to an explosion of tuition costs, debt for college students, and now calls for a blank gov't check rather than just a giant one.
    You make me feel like I missed out on the real student experience. Unfortunately all I got was learning You must be pretty far removed from the current student experience, and allowed news articles to color your perception. You should audit a night class for fun.

    Can't argue on the costs, but luckily I went into STEM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •