I kind of want the Gophers to beat Purdue the way the Vikings should have won Sunday

How you want to beat Purdue?

• Blowout

Votes: 29 76.3%
  • Close back and forth game

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • big lead and then hold on

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Epic comeback from early disaster

Votes: 4 10.5%

• Total voters

Otis

Reaction score
Two weeks from now picture Purdue jumping out to a 21-0 lead and Gopher fans jumping off the band wagon to watch other games.

Then sneaking back to see the Gophers close the gap to 21-14 before halftime.

The Gophers kick two field goals to enter the fourth quarter down 21-20.

Two turnovers end drives which could have given us the lead and then "Two-Minute" Tanner lead the Gophers on a drive from our own 20 all the way down to the 8 yard line for a fist down.

On first down, Rodney goes up the middle for 5 yards.

On second down, Mo goes up the middle for two yards.

On third down Seth gets stoned at the goal line.

Fourth down, The gophers bring in two additional lineman who declare them as pass eligible. Split two tight ends out wide and have an empty backfield behind Seth Green. On set, the Gophers shift, with the tight ends joining the line a big Dan moving to the sole running back spot. The defense is confused, Green quick snaps and fakes the handoff to dan up the middle drawing the entire defense and green walks in untouched around end.

Gophers win 27-21!

I’m thinking we stomp them like last year. They will try attacking the strength of our defense, the dbs. They won’t be able to exploit our run defense. We will move the ball well against their mediocre defense and wear them out by dominating the TOP.

What kind of masochist wants another close come from behind win? Blowout please.

Two weeks from now picture Purdue jumping out to a 21-0 lead and Gopher fans jumping off the band wagon to watch other games.

Two turnovers end drives which could have given us the lead and then "Two-Minute" Tanner lead the Gophers on a drive from our own 20 all the way down to the 8 yard line for a fist down.

Fourth down, The gophers bring in two additional lineman who declare them as pass eligible. Split two tight ends out wide and have an empty backfield behind Seth Green. On set, the Gophers shift, with the tight ends joining the line a big Dan moving to the sole running back spot. The defense is confused, Green quick snaps and fakes the handoff to dan up the middle drawing the entire defense and green walks in untouched around end.

Gophers win 27-21!
Fun! Except do this on 3rd down so we can still kick a winning field goal if Big Dan trips on his shoelaces....

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I want the Gophers to beat Purdue like the Packers beat the Vikings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just win, but these nail biters are taking a toll

I was border line melt down vs GSU and SDSU

Just win, but these nail biters are taking a toll

I was border line melt down vs GSU and SDSU

Same...my blood pressure has not been safe...how about a comfortable win

If I had to choose, it's blowout, please. I want a game to be out of reach with both teams putting in their subs. I'll take a season like the 1904 Minnesota Gophers where they shut out every team except Nebraska, where the Gophers won 16-12. I'll take any kind of win that's available, but if I'm getting a choice, I'll take the blowout.

Bad news - Packers won.

Good news - Vikings lost.

Sundays when both lose are the dream.

Oh please a blowout. I just want to sit back and kind of relax in the fourth quarter. :p

I don't think it matters at all how we win as long as we win. (Yes, fairly and by the rules and all the relevant disclaimers.)

Which method of the Gopher's winning will make you happiest? A blowout!

I voted Big Lead and Hold On, but I meant like, kill the clock all second half with 14 play drives and win by a large margin.

Not something where Purdue starts scaring me.

I want the Gophers to win 49-48 when Purdue goes up 48-47, then goes for 2 with :10 left and throws a pick-2 to AWJr.

Let's see how many shaky wins the Gophers can get in a row and not be ranked.

If we win a close game, the critics will say Purdue sucks.

If we blow them out, the critics will say Purdue sucks.

Just win.

I voted Big Lead and Hold On, but I meant like, kill the clock all second half with 14 play drives and win by a large margin.

Not something where Purdue starts scaring me.

After what we've been through so far this is what I think the team needs mentally.

Although Coach may focus on resilience and the foundations of a winning culture coming forward, there has to be some doubts. At least the bye can work on this...and a strong start at Purdue followed by sustained control of the game would go a long way.

Gophers win 27-21!

You craft a good tale!

If I were Green in that dream sequence, I would follow Big Dan's block...a 400 pound fullback with a head of steam could do damage.

It doesn't have to be a blowout, but I would like to see a convincing win, where we're ahead the whole game.

Not a come from behind, or a "questionable" win.

Top Bottom