When is the last time u could say this about the Gophers?

Some Day...Maybe

Reaction score
The Gophers have won 5 straight 1 possession games. Anyone recall an era where that has happened 5 out of 5 times?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting....

Fresno - AWjr
Indiana - Morgan/Bateman
SDSU - Smith/Ibrahim/DL and OL late in game
Fresno - Morgan/CAB/AWjr
GSU - Morgan/Johnson/Bateman/Douglas

Good trend. Coaching and poise play big factors in close games.

Yes, there is an element of skill involved in late-game comebacks. But all it takes is one bad pass, one good play by the other team, one untimely penalty, and the game ends differently.

this is one trend I want the Gophers to snap in a hurry.

Yes, there is an element of skill involved in late-game comebacks. But all it takes is one bad pass, one good play by the other team, one untimely penalty, and the game ends differently.

this is one trend I want the Gophers to snap in a hurry.

You want the Gophers to stop winning 1 possession games? I don’t think so. Having to comeback all the time, that we can understand, but winning 1 possession games? You hope that streak never ends SON!

You want the Gophers to stop winning 1 possession games? I don’t think so. Having to comeback all the time, that we can understand, but winning 1 possession games? You hope that streak never ends SON!

I take a "1-possession game" to mean that the other team can win it with one more score. You bet I want that streak to end. I want the Gophers to be ahead by 2 TD's or more with 3 minutes to go. I don't want to have to sweat through every snap of every game.

Do you really want every game to come down to the last play with victory or defeat hanging in the balance? Again, I don't. Give me a 20 or 30-point victory any day and every day. Winning close means there is a possibility of losing close.

I don't know, I hear other football fans talk about cardiology scares and sweating through games and I just smile and shrug.

To me, college football is a wonderful form of entertainment. I was ecstatic when the Gophers blew Wisconsin into oblivion early on and just kept piling on the TDs against them. And I was thrilled and excited when Antoine Winfield made yet another game-saving INT in overtime against Fresno State.

I'm here for the thrills and chills. I get both of those, in spades, in both blowouts and in nail-biters.

It's all great fun, to me!

I take a "1-possession game" to mean that the other team can win it with one more score. You bet I want that streak to end. I want the Gophers to be ahead by 2 TD's or more with 3 minutes to go. I don't want to have to sweat through every snap of every game.

Do you really want every game to come down to the last play with victory or defeat hanging in the balance? Again, I don't. Give me a 20 or 30-point victory any day and every day. Winning close means there is a possibility of losing close.

The last 3 have been in a row, the two prior to that were not in sequence. The point is the last 5 times the Gophers have been in a tight one possession game they have come out on the winning side of things. Winning close games is not traditionally something this program has excelled at. As I compiled the list below I was actually a little shocked by the number of close non-conf wins we have had over this time period. good chunk of these games were non-conf but don't have the exact count.

Games decided by 7 points or less
2019 - 3-0
2018 - 2-0
2017 - 1-3
2016 - 4-3
2015 - 4-3
2014 - 3-2
2013 - 2-1
2012 - 3-1
2011 - 2-3
2010 - 3-2
2009 - 3-3

We are used to seeing teams like IO. and Northwestern appear to have luck @ the end of games. I hope this is our season to have things go our way.

Top Bottom