Ric Ocasek dies.

Ric's not the lead on this one, but it's a great live performance.

* Also, from about 1:00-1:45 the lead guitarist who's dressed like Angus Young, is a dead ringer for Nigel Tuffnel of Spinal Tap. *

Oh yeah. Listening to this album again right now. Benjamin Orr provided a great 1-2 vocal punch with Ocasek. Ocasek was once asked how he decided on who would sing. He said something to the effect of "Easy, if it's really good and needs better vocals, I give it to Benjamin."

Easton is such a tasteful guitarist. He brings just the the right amount of flashiness to his leads. Never goes overboard.

One of my favorite, non-favorite bands. I don't listen to them every day, but when I do, I'm always reminded of how many great songs they have.

One of my first memories of rock music was being in 5th grade in circa 1979-80, hanging out at my friend Rick's. His parents were out, and his older sisters had friends over. I remember the older kids putting on two records & everyone being really excited. They were Candy-O & Van Halen 2. That Christmas I bought Candy-O with my X-mas money.

Wife was hot and 20+ years younger. She’s still hot.

I'm indifferent on The Cars....but Ocasek produced one of the best albums of all time....Weezer's Blue Album.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Ric's not the lead on this one, but it's a great live performance.

* Also, from about 1:00-1:45 the lead guitarist who's dressed like Angus Young, is a dead ringer for Nigel Tuffnel of Spinal Tap. *

Great song, but if that's a weak attempt at ripping off Angus' schoolboy outfit on stage, Angus should beat him over the head with his Gibson SG. That's just terribly wrong.

The "Moving In Stereo" beat line has been used in a number of movies if I'm not mistaken. Classic tune, one of my favorite Cars songs

Cars are one of the all time best American bands. RIP

Great song, but if that's a weak attempt at ripping off Angus' schoolboy outfit on stage, Angus should beat him over the head with his Gibson SG. That's just terribly wrong.

The "Moving In Stereo" beat line has been used in a number of movies if I'm not mistaken. Classic tune, one of my favorite Cars songs

I only recall one but it certainly stands out. To this day, I search for the pause button when I hear that song.

Top Bottom