Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Big Ten rushing stats

Gophers: season - 142 attempts, 2.6 yds carry. Ga Southern game - 48 attempts, 1.9 yds carry. Ain't working...

Quote Originally Posted by Great Plains Gopher View Post
    Gophers: season - 142 attempts, 2.6 yds carry. Ga Southern game - 48 attempts, 1.9 yds carry. Ain't working...
    Well, we are 3-0, so there's that.

My question is: WHY is it not working, all of a sudden? What happened to our o-line over the offseason?
    --------------

"7 National Titles...

... But Let's Not Get Carried Away".

Quote Originally Posted by RememberMurray View Post

My question is: WHY is it not working, all of a sudden? What happened to our o-line over the offseason?
    Great Question......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Consensus Top 25 Class, 4 of final 5, 80% underclassmen, Youngest Team, 2nd Youngest Team, Best Back-To-Back Classes Ever, 9 Scholarship Seniors, HS Teacher, 8-Hour Radius, Major Paycut

Love that the team is 3-0, but the rushing game is easily the most concerning issue from my viewpoint. Guess I got spoiled by the success of the O-line in the last few games of the previous season. Had this vision of the team imposing their will and breaking teams as the game wore on, all with a strong, relentless running game. Still have hope they’ll rediscover what they had going.
    Dux Servus

Quote Originally Posted by fan of Ray Williams View Post
    Love that the team is 3-0, but the rushing game is easily the most concerning issue from my viewpoint. Guess I got spoiled by the success of the O-line in the last few games of the previous season. Had this vision of the team imposing their will and breaking teams as the game wore on, all with a strong, relentless running game. Still have hope they’ll rediscover what they had going.
    I saw the same things, and agree 100%. I'm really puzzled by our struggles.
    --------------

"7 National Titles...

I wonder if they’re going to switch some people around on the line for the Purdue game. Fleck mentioned something about that in his press conference, but I don’t recall the exact quote.

Part of it is Rodney still doesn’t look like RS. Anyone know what happened to Ibrahim this week? Hurt? In doghouse?

Quote Originally Posted by Great Plains Gopher View Post
    That's crazy. Never would have expected that.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Oregon Gopher View Post
    Part of it is Rodney still doesn’t look like RS. Anyone know what happened to Ibrahim this week? Hurt? In doghouse?
    I think the reason he doesn't look himself is that there's scant space to run in. Saquon Barkley would have struggled to make anything of the opportunities our backs have seen during the first 3 games.

Quote Originally Posted by fmlizard View Post
    I think the reason he doesn't look himself is that there's scant space to run in. Saquon Barkley would have struggled to make anything of the opportunities our backs have seen during the first 3 games.
    Exactly. The problem is clearly in the o-line. The coaches need to figure it out and fix it.
    --------------

"7 National Titles...

I agree that RS does not seem like the RS of old. And I don’t believe it’s just because of the OL play. It could be that he’s still working off the rust from his injury. But the RS of old had a smooth running style. He flowed to the point of attack and then was able to quickly accelerate through a cut in a way that seemed effortless. He also seemed to be able to bounce easier out of tackles and gain extra yardage. Remember his highlight spin move plays? To me, he seems more mechanical with less swagger moving East/West.

RS was averaging 5.2 ypc before he got injured. I thought he was running much harder yesterday than he did the first 2 games. I would like to see the running backs more involved in the passing game, but I think the O-line is doing such a poor job blocking they need to keep the backs back to help protect the QB.

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

Ibrahim was injured. Fleck said he probably could have played, but they held him out.

Blog Entries

Exactly. The problem is clearly in the o-line. The coaches need to figure it out and fix it.
    The lost of Jared Weyler and Donnell Greene must have hurt team chemistry somehow. Jared was the experienced Offensive Line signal caller. They seem to be out of sync many times. They need time to gel together hopefully sooner than later.
    Welcome to Badger Road Kill Country!

Quote Originally Posted by fan of Ray Williams View Post
    Dont let the big ten posters put you down. You played 3 very good OOC opponents. You only had a week to prepare fore the GSU Shotgun Option offense. GSUs defense was better than the first 2 games. Still you controlled the 2nd half.