The Gophers Have A 5 Game Win Streak

RogueGopher

Reaction score
Going back to last season, the Golden Gophers are on a 5 game winning streak. The last time that happened was 7 years ago between the end of 2011 and the start of 2012. With a win at Purdue, which I fully expect from this team, they would push this streak to 6. That hasn't happened in 15 years (2003-04).

Current 5 Game Win Streak:

11/24/2018 - 9/14/2019
(WIS, GT ||, SDSU, FRST, GSU)

Last 5 Game Win Streak:

11/26/2011 - 9/22/2012
(ILL ||, UNLV, UNH, WMU, SYR)

Last 6 Game Win Streak:

12/31/2003 - 10/2/2004
(ORE ||, TOL, ILST, CSU, NW, PSU)

Last 7 Game Win Streak:

12/30/2002 - 10/4/2003
(ARK ||, TULSA, TROY, OHIO, ULL, PSU, NW)​

Not a lot of B1G teams in those lists.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, there are not. Only one in the current streak.

That particular one is a damn fine one, however.

Starting in two weeks, we will have ample opportunity to add some B1G opponents to the streak.

Exactly!

When did we become good enough to turn up our noses at a 5 game win streak?

Previous to this I was skeptical about Morgan and felt a bit like the Debbie Downer... .but man this forum went off the cliff like it was 3 losses this weekend...

Previous to this I was skeptical about Morgan and felt a bit like the Debbie Downer... .but man this forum went off the cliff like it was 3 losses this weekend...

Oh, yeah. I hear you. Doom and gloom.

I have to say, the 3 games this season have been really exciting. I don't remember too many previous Gopher teams that have battled with a never-say-die attitude the way this team has.

7-2 in the last nine. That’s a .777 win percentage, which would be 9.33 wins in a 12 game regular season. I think everyone here would take that, but it’s easier said than done.

Oh, yeah. I hear you. Doom and gloom.

I have to say, the 3 games this season have been really exciting. I don't remember too many previous Gopher teams that have battled with a never-say-die attitude the way this team has.

Yeah PJs teams don't roll over for their own mistakes like past teams do.

They got playmakers and GRIT.

Yeah PJs teams don't roll over for their own mistakes like past teams do.

They got playmakers and GRIT.

Yes, they do. Our receivers are top notch. Our QB too.

And I can't help but think that once our offensive line returns to their previous dominating form, our other playmakers — Rodney, Mo, Bryce, Shannon, Seth — will start to shine as well.

Now a 10 game winning streak with more Big 10 wins than Non-conference wins.

Wisconsin, Ga Tech, SoDakotaSt, Fresno St, Ga So., Purdue, Illinois, Nebraska, Rutgers, Maryland.

Oh yeah, and not to mention, the Offense is averaging 37.8 points per game and the Defense averaging 18.5 points per game allowed over this 10 game stretch. (40.5 PF - 14.5 PA in the 6 B1G games.)

Top Bottom