A 4-5 conference record in 2019 would make Fleck a .333 Big Ten Coach after 3...

imthewalrus

Reaction score
seasons here and would give his team a shot at an 8 win season in a bowl game. I think that would be a reasonable expectation. All things are possible if progress is made.

O-line: make some progress...

Last edited:

A Big Ten Coach is what his/her record of Big Ten of wins vs. losses says it is. No better and no worse. Beat the stinking badger and the stinking Hawkeye, Gopher!

A Big Ten Coach is what his/her record of Big Ten of wins vs. losses says it is. No better and no worse. Beat the stinking badger and the stinking Hawkeye, Gopher!

Thanks, Rain Man. Go watch Wapner.

4-5 would be a one game improvement from last year, and would also mean improvement each year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was a .278 Big Ten winning percentage at the conclusion of the 2018 season considered

Yes, but would it be elite?

elite?

.333 in Big Ten play would be a bit more respectable for a Big Ten coach. Every little bit helps.

Last edited:

.333 after 3 years would be on par with Mason and Kill. .278 after 2 is better than Mason or Kill. Mason had a winning B1G record in year 3.

Good old Wramblin' Wrenny.

Never change, you crazy bastard.

If Fleck goes 4-5 in the Big Ten and ends the year as a.333 BT winning percentage for his first 3 seasons, extend him for 7 more seasons at the bowl game. Any one who is in the ball park with MASE & Stoll & Kill should be here long term.

Still crazy after all all these years, but I never let the ba$tards get me down

If Fleck goes 4-5 in the Big Ten and ends the year as a.333 BT winning percentage for his first 3 seasons, extend him for 7 more seasons at the bowl game. Any one who is in the ball park with MASE & Stoll & Kill should be here long term.

What about when he goes 6-3?

4-5 might be okay, 6-3 might work, but he should be careful not to go 5-4 in the conference.

The last coach who did that got fired after one full season.

Last edited:

F
RememberMurray;[URL="tel:1793261" said:
1793261[/URL]]4-5 might be okay, 6-3 might work, but he should be careful not to go 5-4 in the conference.

The last coach who did that got fired after one full season.

You are are all too correct RememberMurray. The memory of that situation makes me “re-coil...”

still, the U can not continue to fire and react their way through coaches who very well may be capable of making Gopher Football competitive in Big Ten play. It is horrible for the players and it allows the administrators to throw the fickle fans a bone to amuse those fans for a few more season ticket purchases.

we all need coach Fleck to continue to make progress and to make the GOPHER a highly competitive Big Ten football program. I hope he lasts ten years or much longer. He shows some promise. The U will never fire football or basketball coaches often enough to succeed in Big Ten play. There are NO hot new prospects out there who would be able to play .250 BT ball or better in their first year or two. It’s time to “...love the coach you got...” Good luck coach F and coach P. Beat the stinking badger and the stinking Hawkeye GOPHER!

Last edited:

On 10/16/19 Coach Fleck has the GOPHER at.380 in Big Ten play. (8-13 in Big Ten play at Minnesota.) He started at .278 this season in BT play. He is doing everything right so far this year. The team and Coach Fleck can achieve their 4th Big Ten win this season on Saturday. That would put his Big Ten winning percentage at Minnesota at .409. Any coach who can bring the GOPHER to .400 and above needs to be extended and given a full 10 years to battle Big Ten foes at the U of M. Some years will be better than other years for the GOPHER Football Program, but Coach Fleck has demonstrated that he IS a Big Ten Coach. He shows an inclination to balance his football team. He obviously realized that a Big Ten Team needs to run the ball and stop the run. He has attend to the passing game that can help shelter, defend and take pressure off the running game. He also demonstrates an understanding that he can defend his defense by controlling the ball, line of scrimmage field position. He emphasizes ball security and cuts down on penalties.

I am a fan who is better off not listening so much to Coach Fleck. I guess I'm just too old to appreciate the fast talk...the slogans. I don't wish to change that and that is all on me... It is not the fault of Coach Fleck that I am old and set in my ways and only remember what it was like to be 20 years old way back when I was 20 years old...over a half century ago.

I have grown to appreciate what I see on the field though. These young GOPHER players are exceptional in the way they have adapted to all the changes they have experienced. They believe in their mission. They continue to show improvement and they ARE competing in Big Ten play. And I appreciate that Coach Fleck and his staff obviously communicates with them very effectively...teaches them and empowers them to reach their potential. Leaders are stepping up on the playing field. These players are going to have an incredibly good experience as football players and as students at the U of M.. As an old fan, I can never ask for more than that from the football program I have followed all my life.

I love what I see when my GOPHER team competes on the field the way this GOPHER team is.

I credit the players and the coach and his staff.

IF the next Big Ten win occurs on Saturday I would be in favor of extending Coach Fleck for seven more years. That would insure that he would be given a full decade at Minnesota to see what he can do to extend his Big Ten winning percentage of .400 AND beyond. He is a Big Ten Coach! What Minnesota needs more than anything else at this point in time is stability.

Beat the stinking badger and the stinking hawkeye GOPHER!

Last edited:

1) The team and Coach Fleck can achieve their 4th Big Ten win this season on Saturday.

2) Coach Fleck has demonstrated that he IS a Big Ten Coach.

3) It is not the fault of Coach Fleck that I am old

4) Beat the stinking badger and the stinking hawkeye GOPHER!

Walrus has spoken the truth. Keep it up buddy.

1) Yes, as of today he is 3-0 in the Big Ten. If he wins one more game, he will have won 4 games.

2) Yes, the U of M is in the Big Ten and Fleck is the coach of the U of M Gopher Football team. He is a Big Ten Coach.

3) No, it is not the fault of Coach Fleck that you are old.

4) Yes, I hope we beat Wisconsin and Iowa.

On 10/16/19 Coach Fleck has the GOPHER at.380 in Big Ten play. (8-13 in Big Ten play at Minnesota.) He started at .278 this season in BT play. He is doing everything right so far this year. The team and Coach Fleck can achieve their 4th Big Ten win this season on Saturday. That would put his Big Ten winning percentage at Minnesota at .409. Any coach who can bring the GOPHER to .400 and above needs to be extended and given a full 10 years to battle Big Ten foes at the U of M. Some years will be better than other years for the GOPHER Football Program, but Coach Fleck has demonstrated that he IS a Big Ten Coach. He shows an inclination to balance his football team. He obviously realized that a Big Ten Team needs to run the ball and stop the run. He has attend to the passing game that can help shelter, defend and take pressure off the running game. He also demonstrates an understanding that he can defend his defense by controlling the ball, line of scrimmage field position. He emphasizes ball security and cuts down on penalties.

I am a fan who is better off not listening so much to Coach Fleck. I guess I'm just too old to appreciate the fast talk...the slogans. I don't wish to change that and that is all on me... It is not the fault of Coach Fleck that I am old and set in my ways and only remember what it was like to be 20 years old way back when I was 20 years old...over a half century ago.

I have grown to appreciate what I see on the field though. These young GOPHER players are exceptional in the way they have adapted to all the changes they have experienced. They believe in their mission. They continue to show improvement and they ARE competing in Big Ten play. And I appreciate that Coach Fleck and his staff obviously communicates with them very effectively...teaches them and empowers them to reach their potential. Leaders are stepping up on the playing field. These players are going to have an incredibly good experience as football players and as students at the U of M.. As an old fan, I can never ask for more than that from the football program I have followed all my life.

I love what I see when my GOPHER team competes on the field the way this GOPHER team is.

IF the next Big Ten win occurs on Saturday I would be in favor of extending Coach Fleck for seven more years. That would insure that he would be given a full decade at Minnesota to see what he can do to extend his Big Ten winning percentage of .400 AND beyond. He is a Big Ten Coach! What Minnesota needs more than anything else at this point in time is stability.

Hear, hear

Walrus has spoken the truth. Keep it up buddy.

1) Yes, as of today he is 3-0 in the Big Ten. If he wins one more game, he will have won 4 games.

2) Yes, the U of M is in the Big Ten and Fleck is the coach of the U of M Gopher Football team. He is a Big Ten Coach.

3) No, it is not the fault of Coach Fleck that you are old.

4) Yes, I hope we beat Wisconsin and Iowa.

Maybe a little respect for those more advanced in years would be appropriate on occasion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A man gotta have a code, and one thing you have say about Mr. Walrus, he has a code.

Also I agree 100% everything you posted, especially the last line.

If a coach won a lot of games ... and then later his team sucked ass, he'd get criticism for trotting out past wins and overall records.

Same goes the other direction.

Momentum counts.

If a coach won a lot of games ... and then later his team sucked ass, he'd get criticism for trotting out past wins and overall records.

Same goes the other direction.

Momentum counts.

You’ve clearly not been paying attention. Two and a half years in and you have not learned there is no such thing as momentum. Shame on you. I’m telling PJ. I’m telling PJ! :rolleyes:

That would put his Big Ten winning percentage at Minnesota at .409. Any coach who can bring the GOPHER to .400 and above needs to be extended and given a full 10 years to battle Big Ten foes at the U of M.

Ahhh, the sweet ether of low expectations :D

A man gotta have a code, and one thing you have say about Mr. Walrus, he has a code.

Also I agree 100% everything you posted, especially the last line.
It's all in the game.

Is it really the Wren aka the Winona Wing Nut after all these years?
I have my doubts but the punctuation and run on sentences are the same but no prexy for the U of MN boss. But close enough to be the real Wren.
Glad to see him back.

.409...is of course not only the winning percentage of PJF after Saturday but is familiar to any car enthusiast as the legendary Chevrolet big block option (decimal delete) from ‘61-65, with of course ‘61 coincidentally the last time the GOPHER went to the Rose Bowl. Along with every starting QB being struck down thus far I’m going to take the unlikely math as a sign from the heavens this could be a great year.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xKKP_cZuk54" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

WOW. What a difference four years make in the tone of conversations in GH Land...

I think we have a keeper if we can hang on to him.

Top Bottom