Kamal Martin

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
Was it an injury or something else that prevented him from playing yesterday?

I may have missed it.

Something with his foot. PJ said he probably could have played, but they decided to hold him out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Something with his foot. PJ said he probably could have played, but they decided to hold him out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smart move for the long haul if thats what it was.

The defense could really use his play making abilities. I have always liked TB41 but he has looked slow and out of position so far this season.

Barber has been brutal this year. I think part of the reason is that MDT and Renner aren’t nearly as good at taking on blockers as OJ Smith was.

Renner has way to many penalties this year almost looks lost out on the field

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

The D-line has been perplexing to say the least. Why didn’t we play Otomewo or Mafe at DE and let Coughlin play LB against a team that is going to run it all day? Coughlin is a great pass rusher, but he’s below average against the run.

I also don’t understand the love affair with Renner. He gets moved consistently and I can’t really remember him ever making a big play. Color me surprised that he’s ahead of Teague and Schad.

Renner has way to many penalties this year almost looks lost out on the field

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Renner has been perfecting the rare defensive lineman holding call, and the occasional trip.

Barber has been brutal this year. I think part of the reason is that MDT and Renner aren’t nearly as good at taking on blockers as OJ Smith was.

Barber is slow as molasses. He is soooo slow in getting there.

He has whiffed a ton this year too.

The D-line has been perplexing to say the least. Why didn’t we play Otomewo or Mafe at DE and let Coughlin play LB against a team that is going to run it all day? Coughlin is a great pass rusher, but he’s below average against the run.

I also don’t understand the love affair with Renner. He gets moved consistently and I can’t really remember him ever making a big play. Color me surprised that he’s ahead of Teague and Schad.

Coughlin was one of our better players yesterday on defense. He was the only player able to keep contain on their runs outside with the QB. I think with this particular offense, it made sense to keep Coughlin on the line, GSU really put pressure on our DEs to make plays in space, and Coughlin was making them.

I also think Renner was pretty good and has been better than Teague. Schad has flashed at times, but Teague (who I am pretty high on), just hasn't been getting any push whatsoever.

I don't think he's fast enough to be one of the two LBs. He works well when he has athletic linebackers around him.

It's also that we need more out of our OL. OJ Smith was really good for us last year.

Coughlin was one of our better players yesterday on defense. He was the only player able to keep contain on their runs outside with the QB. I think with this particular offense, it made sense to keep Coughlin on the line, GSU really put pressure on our DEs to make plays in space, and Coughlin was making them.

I also think Renner was pretty good and has been better than Teague. Schad has flashed at times, but Teague (who I am pretty high on), just hasn't been getting any push whatsoever.

Agree. Carter played well at DE this game, both due to his ability to keep contain and he had a lot of pressures in pass rushing situations. He also forced the last fumble on GSU. And he hasn't practiced at LB at all this fall camp to my knowledge. He is a DE and will stay a DE.

And Renner is better at penetrating and is also a better pass rusher than Schad and Teague. He has better hand technique. And Teague and Schad get moved against the run as well.

Didn’t hear Dever‘s name mentioned. Did he play or is he still in the doghouse?

Anybody know the status of Rodney, Brooks and Wiley?

Top Bottom