PioneerPress Shipley: Gophers’ football crowd still a few oars short

See Vandy’s post. Move on . It was a good turnout.

So sold tix were 41K and you are saying 40K of them showed up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From where I was sitting, I thought attendance was OK for Georgia Southern. I was expecting less people than the SDSU game because there was no flash sale and freshman didn't get in free but given the opponent, the announced attendance was about what I was expecting.

If we beat Purdue then the Illinois game should be pretty full and if we win that one then Nebraska should be a sellout. It all hinges on the Purdue game, so important.
Nebraska will be a sellout regardless because they will bring 20k plus. Perhaps a bunch of Nebby fans bought georgia southern Tix in a package deal

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Nebraska will be a sellout regardless because they will bring 20k plus. Perhaps a bunch of Nebby fans bought georgia southern Tix in a package deal

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

It hasn't been a sellout in the past with even their 20,000 fans. Or if it has been, the stadium definitely hasn't been at full capacity.

Sounds like UCLA has a problem worse than ours

https://sports.yahoo.com/ucla-gave-away-tickets-to-oklahoma-game-but-fans-still-didnt-show-up-135550368.html

"UCLA announced an “attendance” of 52,578, although it seems like many of the 75,000 people who were “issued” tickets decided to stay home.

It wasn’t for lack of trying. In an effort to try to fill the Rose Bowl for a key matchup against the No. 5 team in the country, UCLA gave away four extra tickets to season ticket holders.

This comes on the heels of just 36,951 showing up to watch UCLA lose to San Diego State last week. That was the program’s worst home attendance figure in 25 years."

Top Bottom