Georgia Southern - 104

Purdue - 66
Nebraska - 43
Maryland - 28
Illinois - 96
Northwestern - 63
Wisconsin - 8
Iowa - 41

The ACC is still highly rated despite their losses this weekend.

Clemson - 2
Miami - 20 (1-2)
Virginia - 24
Florida St - 33 (1-2)
North Carolina - 37
Wake Forest - 38
Pittsburgh - 40 (1-2)
Louisville - 52
Duke - 54
NC State - 58
Syracuse - 64 (1-2)

Others:
Fresno St - 71
South Dakota St - 87
Georgia Southern - 104

Purdue - 66
Nebraska - 43
Maryland - 28
Illinois - 96
Northwestern - 63
Wisconsin - 8
Iowa - 41

The ACC is still highly rated despite their losses this weekend.

Clemson - 2
Miami - 20 (1-2)
Virginia - 24
Florida St - 33 (1-2)
North Carolina - 37
Wake Forest - 38
Pittsburgh - 40 (1-2)
Louisville - 52
Duke - 54
NC State - 58
Syracuse - 64 (1-2)

Is this still with data from last year combined with this year or just this year?

Is this still with data from last year combined with this year or just this year?

I think the data would still incorporation preseason expectations formed from last year's numbers.

So, I know these aren't voters, but we moved further down the rankings by winning than the Cyclones did by losing. Hmmm...I was told wins wee always more impressive than losses

Yet, for 2 weeks many on here have talked about how SDSU and Fresno would win some games in the B1G. Thus, it sounds like they impressed even by losing.

Last edited:

Sagarin is garbage especially this early in the year.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

If one looks a bit deeper, the Sagarin ratings story isn't quite as bad. The "recent" ranking is #54. I'm assuming this rating includes only games from this season. There are 5 Big Ten teams whose "recent" rating ranks below ours and we play 4 of them. A 5th, Nebraska, is ranked only 7 places ahead at #47.

Also, Minnesota's schedule to date is ranked #75 which is the 4th best in the Big Ten. Maryland's #88 ranking is in 5th place but there's a sharp drop in schedule rankings after that.

Sagarin is garbage especially this early in the year.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

It's the best I have to use to compare year to year and include all FCS teams.

The high number of ACC teams in the 25-50 range I find confusing.

It's the best I have to use to compare year to year and include all FCS teams.

The high number of ACC teams in the 25-50 range I find confusing.

It's fine for "fun" (and I'm not saying you do this) but some people take it way to seriously.

It works much better for basketball because there are more games played, and even then, only later in the year.

It's fine for "fun" (and I'm not saying you do this) but some people take it way to seriously.

It works much better for basketball because there are more games played, and even then, only later in the year.

I like to use it to provide perspective.

We think this game or that game is the worst or best ever.
I like to compare it to history to compare if this is something abnormal for our team or not.

Most of the time, contrary to outrage (when it occurs) these are all things we are used to and have seen before.

Also, in talking whether an opponent is weak or strong, it gives a general idea, but not law of course.

Top Bottom