Sid: You have to imagine the Gophers are less than thrilled Purdue also has a bye

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Sid:

• You have to imagine the Gophers are less than thrilled that Purdue also has a bye week next week, meaning both teams have two weeks to prepare for their Big Ten Conference opener at TCF Bank Stadium on Sept. 28. Wisconsin and Michigan have a similar schedule; both were off Saturday and play next weekend in Madison.

http://www.startribune.com/vikings-...-barr-everson-griffen-still-around/560362282/

Go Gophers!!

Purdue doesn't need a bye to watch film and find all the holes on this team...

I dunno I watched all 3 games and didn't see any holes being formed

tumblr_msd9ssW9t71sp33tgo1_500.gif

Umm, it’s a road game AT PURDUE.

per Sid:

• You have to imagine the Gophers are less than thrilled that Purdue also has a bye week next week, meaning both teams have two weeks to prepare for their Big Ten Conference opener at TCF Bank Stadium on Sept. 28. Wisconsin and Michigan have a similar schedule; both were off Saturday and play next weekend in Madison.

http://www.startribune.com/vikings-...-barr-everson-griffen-still-around/560362282/

Go Gophers!!

Purdue is probably licking their Chops after the thrashing from TCU tonight to see the Gophers coming up on the schedule in 2 weeks

Watching film of the Gophers-GSU, I guess the Purdue plan would be to:

— Block a field goal, then return it for a TD, then...

— Strip-sack the Gopher QB, and return the resulting fumble for a TD, then...

— Stop the Gophers on their final drive.

GSU did all of those things, except for the last one.

There is always a light at the end of the tunnel. What are the chances it is attached to an oncoming train?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

per Sid:

Go Gophers!!

If Sid and his chauffeur show up at TCF on Saturday September 28, they may be the only two in attendance.

If Sid and his chauffeur show up at TCF on Saturday September 28, they may be the only two in attendance.

Crap. I have a hotel in West Lafayette for this game. Hope it can be cancelled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True.
Same can be said about the gophers not needing a bye to diagnose all of Purdue’s issues.

Whoever wins that game will be on a very different trajectory compared to whoever loses.

Purdue is just the third team saying, “they aren’t good they barely beat so and so”.

Watching film of the Gophers-GSU, I guess the Purdue plan would be to:

— Block a field goal, then return it for a TD, then...

— Strip-sack the Gopher QB, and return the resulting fumble for a TD, then...

— Stop the Gophers on their final drive.

GSU did all of those things, except for the last one.

Yeah, our special teams have been pretty bad and our OL can't handle a stunt. I am sure Purdue will be analyzing those issues.

Purdue is probably licking their Chops after the thrashing from TCU tonight to see the Gophers coming up on the schedule in 2 weeks

I think it's more likely Purdue comes out uninspired. They are now 1-2, one of the losses being a heart breaker to a G5 team, the other a beatdown. Their stadium is going to have a lot less energy than it otherwise would. They lost their best defensive player to injury and may not have two of their top 3 WR's and possibly their most experienced O-lineman.

But it would be nice if Purdue didn't have a bye, not because they wouldn't have more time to practice/scheme against us, just so they don't get that time off to get healthy which they need more than we do.

Purdue is just the third team saying, “they aren’t good they barely beat so and so”.

Well, we should be saying, " Nice rushing attack! Better hope your #1 QB is back, and his wittle fingies aren't cold like last year, otherwise another blowout at the hands of a team that can barely beat FCS teams will be really embarrassing."

Neither team is going to struggle to find issues to exploit. I think both teams will have to figure out <I>which</I> issues to exploit.

I think it's more likely Purdue comes out uninspired. They are now 1-2, one of the losses being a heart breaker to a G5 team, the other a beatdown. Their stadium is going to have a lot less energy than it otherwise would. They lost their best defensive player to injury and may not have two of their top 3 WR's and possibly their most experienced O-lineman.

But it would be nice if Purdue didn't have a bye, not because they wouldn't have more time to practice/scheme against us, just so they don't get that time off to get healthy which they need more than we do.
They probably thought that coming into TCF, after beating Ohio State and us losing to Illinois

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Sure they will. No charge to get in and probably food for them at no charge.

Neither team is going to struggle to find issues to exploit. I think both teams will have to figure out <I>which</I> issues to exploit.

Yup. Two teams playing mediocre football hoping to springboard into the middle part of the season.

Purdue is probably even more concerned about lack of a running game than we are. They had 23 yards rushing on 25 attempts. Their passing game wasn’t much better with their backup QB.

Top Bottom