STrib: Cole Kramer now No. 2

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Megan:

Kramer now No. 2

Late in the third quarter, Gophers sophomore quarterback Tanner Morgan had his helmet come off after a run and had to leave the field. While the next play went to wildcat quarterback Green, it was freshman Cole Kramer from Eden Prairie with the nod at No. 2 signal caller. He had been splitting reps with fellow freshman Jacob Clark of Texas.

http://www.startribune.com/variety-...t-playing-time-because-of-injuries/560367232/

Go Gophers!!

Very interesting.

Did Cole go on the field?
Or does he have 4 games left?

Cole might have gotten the nod to burn one of his games rather than burn one of Jacob's 4 knowing it was just for a single play.

PJ Fleck is true to his word that the best man wins in true competition for a spot. It sounds at this point that Kramer is farther alone than Clark.

Cole might have gotten the nod to burn one of his games rather than burn one of Jacob's 4 knowing it was just for a single play.

He didn’t play. The play Morgan missed when his helmet came off, they ran Seth Green.

That was my guess too.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

My thought is that they really, really, REALLY do not want to lose the redshirt off of Jacob Clark this year.

With Annextad out indefinitely they will be hoping that Morgan stays healthy, and if he does get dinged, only spot duty is needed. If only spot duty is needed here and there, and in more than four games, I'd think we'd rather burn Kramers redshirt.

I think at this point, I think Clark is the planned QB to carry us in another year or 3...

Top Bottom