View Poll Results: What grade would you give the Gophers coaching staff in the Georgia Southern win?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

    6 6.06%
  • B

    7 7.07%
  • C

    22 22.22%
  • D

    42 42.42%
  • F

    22 22.22%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23
  1. #1

    Default What grade would you give the Gophers coaching staff in the Georgia Southern win?

    What grade would you give the Gophers coaching staff in the Georgia Southern win?


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,246
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Players and Ga. Southern DB's bailed out the staff.

  3. #3

    Default

    F


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Everett, WA
    Posts
    1,809

    Default

    We won: D
    Had we lost: F
    “If you can eat a Dilly Bar in the snow, you can play football in the snow.” -- Something Dilly Bar Dan might say.

  5. #5

    Default

    Had we lost, it would have definitely been an F, but at the end of the day, it was good enough to win, so I went C, but felt generous.

    I posted this elsewhere, but seems relevant here. Timeout usage is very frustrating. Does anyone know why we cant get plays called in more efficiently? Seems like every week we either are burning timeouts, taking delay of game penalties, or letting precious seconds tick off in hurry up situations because we cant communicate well enough.

    The 4th and 1 call was absolutely boneheaded. No idea why you risk opening the door for this opponent when up 8 late in the half and standing to get the ball to start the second.

  6. #6

    Default

    Rossi-B+
    Ciarocca D
    Fleck D-

  7. #7

    Default

    I’m guessing I couldn’t have started this poll


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Consensus Top 25 Class, 4 of final 5, 80% underclassmen, Youngest Team, 2nd Youngest Team, Best Back-To-Back Classes Ever, 9 Scholarship Seniors, HS Teacher, 8-Hour Radius, Major Paycut

  8. #8

    Default

    They won, so I gave them a C. Let's call it a C- though. Lots of interesting decisions made and I'm not entirely sure they had the team ready to play.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    3,389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mkAz View Post
    They won, so I gave them a C. Let's call it a C- though. Lots of interesting decisions made and I'm not entirely sure they had the team ready to play.
    This is pretty much how I feel. D played adequately (not great...but well enough). O played adequately (35 points). So the coaches did enough to prepare the team and make that happen. They also made some boneheaded calls (timeouts, going on 4th, running Green into 9 man boxes...etc, etc.) that put the game in jeopardy. Feels like a C-

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bleedsmaroonandgold View Post
    Had we lost, it would have definitely been an F, but at the end of the day, it was good enough to win, so I went C, but felt generous.

    I posted this elsewhere, but seems relevant here. Timeout usage is very frustrating. Does anyone know why we cant get plays called in more efficiently? Seems like every week we either are burning timeouts, taking delay of game penalties, or letting precious seconds tick off in hurry up situations because we cant communicate well enough.

    The 4th and 1 call was absolutely boneheaded. No idea why you risk opening the door for this opponent when up 8 late in the half and standing to get the ball to start the second.
    The timeout thing has been from day 1 with Fleck. Complete head scratcher.

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PMWinSTP View Post
    The timeout thing has been from day 1 with Fleck. Complete head scratcher.
    True. I figure it is some “new age” thing where they don’t feel TOs are as important as us “old school” folks do.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Consensus Top 25 Class, 4 of final 5, 80% underclassmen, Youngest Team, 2nd Youngest Team, Best Back-To-Back Classes Ever, 9 Scholarship Seniors, HS Teacher, 8-Hour Radius, Major Paycut

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The wrong place
    Posts
    2,266

    Default

    C would be 'mediocre' and F would mean we lost.

    So Fleck & Co get a D from me this week.

    It definitely would have been an F if not for that spectacular drive to end the game.
    I’m a light eater. As soon as it’s light, I start to eat. And I'm on a seefood diet. If I can see food, I'll eat it.

  13. #13

    Default

    I want to go D, but I'm going C because they won, and the last drive was well coached to win the game.
    Defense only gave up 8 yards in the second half.
    "Do Not Be Afraid to Be A Legend"

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Bloomington, MN
    Posts
    3,391

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spoofin View Post
    True. I figure it is some “new age” thing where they don’t feel TOs are as important as us “old school” folks do.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Maybe they aren't. I hated his TO call on the 2 point conversion, but it turns out we didn't need it.
    "A lot of guys look good running around in underwear." - 414GopherFan

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Robbinsdale, MN
    Posts
    2,269

    Default

    Gave a D...mainly on the coaches.

    The word "boneheaded" used several times in this thread. That was my in-game expression too. Haven't used it in a sentence in a long time...but very much warranted yesterday.
    Row The Boat & Ski U Mah!

    In Fleck We Trust!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •