View Poll Results: Who was the Gophers MVP in the dramatic win over Georgia Southern?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tyler Johnson

50 81.97%
  • Other

11 18.03%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by PMWinSTP View Post
    His first two passes were horrible.
    True. And what about the rest of the game?

Are you looking for a QB who never throws a poor pass? If so, good luck with that.
    --------------

"7 National Titles...

... But Let's Not Get Carried Away".

Morgan without a doubt. Who got the passes to the receiver corp? The fixation on a couple of bad passes is so interesting. As if a college quarterback, let alone a NFL qb, won't throw a bad pass or two in a game.

Tyler will be B1G Offensive Player of the Week

Quote Originally Posted by arborlax;1790263[B
    ]Morgan without a doubt[/B]. Who got the passes to the receiver corp? The fixation on a couple of bad passes is so interesting. As if a college quarterback, let alone a NFL qb, won't throw a bad pass or two in a game.
    Exactly. A no-brainer.

4th Quarter comebacks:

Tanner Morgan: 3 THIS SEASON!!!!

Kirk Cousins: 0 for Minnesota

Quote Originally Posted by fmlizard View Post
    Plus his deep shot to Bateman in Q2 went at least 55 yards in the air.
    That must have been an optical illusion because we know for fact he can't throw it that far.

I voted other.

Tanner Morgan had 3 to Johnson, and would have a 4th to Batemen if Rashod have continued running on the one that was overthrown.
    Follow me on twitter: @skiumahgopher

TJ. Three touchdowns. Yes....of course Morgan gets the assist. That second touchdown pass was a beautifully placed pass. But the first and third touchdowns were more due to the ability of TJ making the play.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedsmaroonandgold View Post
    We are overlooking the unsung heroes. I think it should be the FG unit for chasing the guy who returned the blocked kick over to his own sideline, thereby setting up the situation where their coach ran into the ref, thereby setting up the 18 yard two point conversion that failed, which set the stage for the rest of the game.
    92E824BC-324E-40CC-BEDB-EA252E717D4D.jpg
    "A lot of guys look good running around in underwear." - 414GopherFan

Default Who was the Gophers MVP in the dramatic win over Georgia Southern?

Quote Originally Posted by stocker08 View Post
    TJ. Three touchdowns. Yes....of course Morgan gets the assist. That second touchdown pass was a beautifully placed pass. But the first and third touchdowns were more due to the ability of TJ making the play.
    I agree to a point. The first throw was perfect placed, so that TJ could immediately accelerate and turn upfield. Any amount of slowing down would have likely resulted in one of the safeties making a tackle. Accuracy on some of these throws, allowing a lot of YAC is one of Morganís strengths. The second play canít be made without Johnsonís skill set, but timing and accuracy of the throw is a must. Plus, Morgan had to catch a very low snap. They apparently practice that play every day. I think the 2nd TD pass was the easiest of the three.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by PitinoFan; 09-17-2019 at 01:49 PM.

If Tanner can learn to look off of his receivers, he will be very, very good.
    "A lot of guys look good running around in underwear." - 414GopherFan