Who was the Gophers MVP in the dramatic win over Georgia Southern?

• Tyler Johnson

Votes: 50 82.0%
  • Other

Votes: 11 18.0%

• Total voters

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

Voted "other" for total receiving corps...which of course includes Tyler.

1. Tyler
2. Tanner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The beer vendors, only beer was getting me through that trainwreck.

Tanner Morgan. We have a pretty good QB, despite what the “expert” “fans” think. He’s got guts and he’s got ability, and he’s a leader. Three straight wins that are because of Tanner Morgan.

Tanner Morgan. We have a pretty good QB, despite what the “expert” “fans” think. He’s got guts and he’s got ability, and he’s a leader. Three straight wins that are because of Tanner Morgan.

His first two passes were horrible.

Tyler

Edit.

Last edited:

Plus his deep shot to Bateman in Q2 went at least 55 yards in the air. :p

It's tough to say it's NOT Tyler Johnson, given the game he had, including the winning touchdown catch. But I'm thinking about the guy who hit for 22 yards on 3rd and 30, followed by converting 4th and 8, plus the whole rest of that drive. Of Gopher QBs during my time as a fan (Mason era and forward), only Leidner at very best had that kind of grit, and only Khaliq, Cupito, and Weber on the their best days could throw like that. Tanner Morgan won this game for the Gophers. Thing is, I really think he can win us a bunch more if they will let him. Turn Morgan loose!

I went with Tyler Johnson!

We are overlooking the unsung heroes. I think it should be the FG unit for chasing the guy who returned the blocked kick over to his own sideline, thereby setting up the situation where their coach ran into the ref, thereby setting up the 18 yard two point conversion that failed, which set the stage for the rest of the game.

I think Tanner deserves a mention, but I'll go Tyler.

Morgan without a doubt. Who got the passes to the receiver corp? The fixation on a couple of bad passes is so interesting. As if a college quarterback, let alone a NFL qb, won't throw a bad pass or two in a game.

arborlax;1790263[B said:
]Morgan without a doubt[/B]. Who got the passes to the receiver corp? The fixation on a couple of bad passes is so interesting. As if a college quarterback, let alone a NFL qb, won't throw a bad pass or two in a game.

Exactly. A no-brainer.

4th Quarter comebacks:

Tanner Morgan: 3 THIS SEASON!!!!

Kirk Cousins: 0 for Minnesota

I voted other.

Tanner Morgan had 3 to Johnson, and would have a 4th to Batemen if Rashod have continued running on the one that was overthrown.

TJ. Three touchdowns. Yes....of course Morgan gets the assist. That second touchdown pass was a beautifully placed pass. But the first and third touchdowns were more due to the ability of TJ making the play.

We are overlooking the unsung heroes. I think it should be the FG unit for chasing the guy who returned the blocked kick over to his own sideline, thereby setting up the situation where their coach ran into the ref, thereby setting up the 18 yard two point conversion that failed, which set the stage for the rest of the game.

92E824BC-324E-40CC-BEDB-EA252E717D4D.jpg

TJ. Three touchdowns. Yes....of course Morgan gets the assist. That second touchdown pass was a beautifully placed pass. But the first and third touchdowns were more due to the ability of TJ making the play.

I agree to a point. The first throw was perfect placed, so that TJ could immediately accelerate and turn upfield. Any amount of slowing down would have likely resulted in one of the safeties making a tackle. Accuracy on some of these throws, allowing a lot of YAC is one of Morgan’s strengths. The second play can’t be made without Johnson’s skill set, but timing and accuracy of the throw is a must. Plus, Morgan had to catch a very low snap. They apparently practice that play every day. I think the 2nd TD pass was the easiest of the three.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

If Tanner can learn to look off of his receivers, he will be very, very good.

Top Bottom