Gophers Might Be Ranked on Monday

Dano564

Fleck Superfan
Reaction score
With the win today, and a good number of teams 26-35 losing today, as well as losses by:
MSU
MD
USC
and possibly Iowa and Virginia, Gophers might find themselves ranked this Monday, or perhaps after bye week, prior to their next game.

You possibly have 3 Big Ten teams losing and dropping out of the top 25, the voters will be looking for another Big Ten team to slide up and they can't choose Nebraska after Colorado lost. Indiana isn't getting votes. Can't pick Illinois.

You have to vote for someone around 20-25.

Last edited:

Not a chance. The Gophers might even lose the couple votes they were getting. Nobody saw that game and how fluky things got in the end, the doubled-up yardage totals, etc...they will only see Minnesota eked past Georgia Southern.

With the win today, and a good number of teams 26-35 losing today, as well as losses by:
MSU
MD
USC
and possibly Iowa and Virginia, Gophers might find themselves ranked this Monday, or perhaps after bye week, prior to their next game.

Not a chance. In fact, we'll probably have fewer votes than last week.

If we get to 5-0, we might sneak in there, but it’s not a gimmie. Our first two Big Ten games are against bad teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MSU
MD
USC

"Are you nuts?" MAYBE a smattering of votes and nothing else.

Teams that were close (red lost):

Iowa State 96,
California 95, 23-17 win over North Texas
Mississippi State 73,
TCU 66, vs Purdue
North Carolina 48,
Army 42, W 31-13 UTSA
Colorado 21,
Oklahoma State 20, W over Tulsa 40-21
Memphis 12, W over S Alabama
Arizona State 4, W over Michigan

Appalachian State 2,
Syracuse 2, - Losing
Kentucky 2,
Boston College 2,
Minnesota 1

Last edited:

With the exception of Colorado and BC....the losses by the other teams are more impressive than our win.

Iowa State -1 to an undefeated ranked team Iowa
Miss. St. lost by a TD to a P5 and undefeated K. State
UNC lost to an undefeated P5 Wake Forest by 6

We barely beat a team that got beaten 55-3 by LSU.

You possibly have 3 Big Ten teams losing and dropping out of the top 25, the voters will be looking for another Big Ten team to slide up and they can't choose Nebraska after Colorado lost. Indiana isn't getting votes. Can't pick Illinois.

You have to vote for someone around 20-25.

Then they will find some teams from other conferences.

With the exception of Colorado and BC....the losses by the other teams are more impressive than our win.

Iowa State -1 to an undefeated ranked team Iowa
Miss. St. lost by a TD to a P5 and undefeated K. State
UNC lost to an undefeated P5 Wake Forest by 6

We barely beat a team that got beaten 55-3 by LSU.

You're usually a lot more reasonable than this, so I'll chalk it up to your emotions and give you a mulligan. What you posted is stupid. A loss is never more impressive than a win. Teams don't get moved up in the polls when they lose.

You're usually a lot more reasonable than this, so I'll chalk it up to your emotions and give you a mulligan. What you posted is stupid. A loss is never more impressive than a win. Teams don't get moved up in the polls when they lose.

I'm saying we gain less votes than they lose. (UNC...probs not so much. They looked horrible for 3 quarters.)

How does losing someone’s vote count as more impressive than gaining someone’s vote?

My wife's a second grade teacher, and in the curriculum they changed the way addition works recently. Confuses the heck out of me because I used to know how to add two two-digit numbers together, but now she tells me I'm doing it wrong. Maybe that has something to do with it.

My assumption is that people voting are going to look at records more than game margins.

I think there's a chance.
We'll see.

My assumption is that people voting are going to look at records more than game margins.

I think there's a chance.
We'll see.

You're banking on them ignoring the Face the Facts Unimpressive Win Index.

I wish they would look at records and opponents more than margins, but (especially this early) I don't think they do.

So if a team lost in triple overtime to Clemson or Alabama, that would not be as impressive as beating New Mexico State by one?
What you posted is dumb.

Top Bottom