I believe Purdue is the biggest game of the year

Goldteam

Banned
Reaction score
If we win, we could get some momentum going forward. We'd have a few winnable games at home after that and a chance to build on things. Not that there's much to build on(LOL)

If we lose, I can see the wheels coming off completely.

This game is friggin huge!

Unbelievable stat in TCU/Purdue game:

TCU 300 rushing yards

Purdue 0 yards rushing

TCU 300 rushing yards

Purdue 0 yards rushing

Even more incredible is TCU has that many yards with a long of 37. Usually you see a 60 or so with those kind of numbers.

If we lose, I can see the wheels coming off completely.

That seems a little dire. The next 5 games are all ones in which the Gophers will either be favored in or less than a TD underdog, based on what we know as of tonight. There's lots of chances to stack wins even if Purdue doesn't go our way.

Purdue's QB Sindelar being out with a concussion obviously made this game look a lot worse than it would have been.

Two weeks to get cleared, I would say that will be the single most important factor in the Purdue game; whether or not Sindelar is ready to go when the Gophers come to town.

Purdue's QB Sindelar being out with a concussion obviously made this game look a lot worse than it would have been.

Two weeks to get cleared, I would say that will be the single most important factor in the Purdue game; whether or not Sindelar is ready to go when the Gophers come to town.

I would expect him to play, he was a gamete decision today and will have two weeks after that.

Plummer is definitely a big downgrade to Sindelar but I think TCU still wins pretty handily with Sindelar playing. Their O-line, both in pass protection and running the ball, looked absolutely atrocious as did their front 7. Their pass defense was ok statistically but TCU dropped quite a few balls that hit their hands.

I think it's an important game but it's too early to tell.
Probably a bigger game just for people on this board for the Brohm/Fleck arguments than the real status of either team.

Nebraska could be anywhere between a national title contender and another 4-8 team.
Illinois at Rutgers both should be games that could be won but we coud lose.
WI looks really good so far, but we beat them last year and it's our last game.
PSU is highly ranked but only put up 17 today.
MD a week ago was unstoppable, now we'll be upset if we lose to them for a 3rd year in a row.

Lot of season left. We'll end up no better than 15-0 and no worse than 3-9.

Every game is the biggest game of the year for this team.
Out coached three games in a row. Outplayed on both the O-line and D-line three weeks in a row. And yet...we have won three games in a row.
We are playing with fire. The next big game is Purdue. Can we play with fire and still win or will we get burned?

TCU 300 rushing yards

Purdue 0 yards rushing

Purdue now has 127 rushing yards through 3 games. Purdue is not going to win many games having Sindelar throw it 50+ times and getting nothing on the ground.

Top Bottom