This makes me feel slightly better

Goldteam

Banned
Reaction score
GSU had 12 total first downs.
They were 2-9 on 3rd downs
Time of possession: MINN 37:55; GS 22:05.
Plays/yards: Minn. 79/382; GS 42/198.

Just cut the stupidity and it would have been much easier.

We've had two weeks of stupid.

Before end of half, not getting 3rd and 1 or 4th and one, GSU scores, but actually fumbles out the end zone.
FG return and fumble scoop and score.

About 20 points right there.

We are making mistakes at an alarming rate. Credit to GSU for forcing them and capitalizing, but what a mess.

Weird game. Not really sure what to think. Watched 1/2 on my phone and 1/2 at a bar in Hudson. Glad I wasn’t at the game as I get frustrated

3-0, mission accomplished. This was one of the tougher NC schedules they've had in a long time.

Time left in the season to clean up some things. Plenty of positives.

They're 3-0 going into the B1G slate; plenty of B1G teams would love to be where the Gophers are.

1:Don’t forget the int gives them a really short field early.
2:Sack fumble return for td.
3:Block kick for td.

1:TM is normally more careful with the football.
2: see 1
3: concern for me.

Going for it on 4th down in the 2nd quarter was the dumbest coaching move since Tracey Claeys vs. Purdue.

The only positive I can take from it is we have players who have been clutch in do or die situations for 3 straight games. 3rd and 30 from inside your own 10 yard line, with the game on the line, is about as dire as it gets. What are the odds of pulling that off? Not very good, regardless of the opponent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We all get that this disparity is because of the two return TDs right? Like this isn't evidence of us outplaying them, this is a reflection of having two return TDs and another short field TD (they scored their TD on one play).

We all get that this disparity is because of the two return TDs right? Like this isn't evidence of us outplaying them, this is a reflection of having two return TDs and another short field TD (they scored their TD on one play).

It was also close because this offense couldn't put them away. This wasn't a good defense. With the WR's this team has the Gophers should have put up 50. The offensive line is red alert bad at the moment.

I give GSU credit for playing all phases of the ball and figuring out a way to compete. If we can't start running the ball consistently this is going to be a frustrating season. The sky hasn't fallen yet, but it does appear to be cracking.

I give GSU credit for playing all phases of the ball and figuring out a way to compete. If we can't start running the ball consistently this is going to be a frustrating season. The sky hasn't fallen yet, but it does appear to be cracking.

Anybody who's been around since at least the Mason years knows all that matters is Big 10 season. We won't really know who this team is until conference play begins. The sky isn't falling but we have no reason to be confident.

The only positive I can take from it is we have players who have been clutch in do or die situations for 3 straight games. 3rd and 30 from inside your own 10 yard line, with the game on the line, is about as dire as it gets. What are the odds of pulling that off? Not very good, regardless of the opponent.

I've got to admit when it was 3rd and 30 from inside our own 10 yard line, I thought we were toast for sure. Clearly not where you want to be. With all the mistakes that we made, I'm not sure if we've learned anything from the previous game. Seems like we are regressing despite being 3 and 0.

Would make me feel better if this was Purdue or Indiana. On top of the first two weeks this is yet another huge yellow flag. Getting redder every week.

We shouldn't expect the same?

3-0, mission accomplished. This was one of the tougher NC schedules they've had in a long time.

Time left in the season to clean up some things. Plenty of positives.

They're 3-0 going into the B1G slate; plenty of B1G teams would love to be where the Gophers are.

This was not a tough NC slate which is the concern for me.

Yes we’re 3-0 and that’s not a bad place to be. How we got to 3-0 isn’t confidence inducing.

We’ve been 3-0 under Fleck each year.

We have not put up a serious challenge to be a factor in the B1G west under Fleck yet. After three games I see no reason to believe we will this year. That is disappointing to me based on the quality of play I see on the field.

I keep saying next week we’ll find out who this team is. At Purdue will expose either how bad we really are or that the NC schedule was a series of flukey games. I’m afraid our defense is going to have to win games this year, but I’m still in the boat for now. Fleck needs to show some coaching improvement, and Ciarocca has to find a way to get this OLine consistently productive.

We handed gsu 21 points. So maybe that's good news? Or is it?

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

No...just a P5 gameplan for the HC.

Yeah. He should re-work the game plan to eliminate blocked field goals and strip sacks for TDs for the opposing team. Maybe just take those play calls out of the playbook.

Defense actually played great.

28 of their 32 points came from our offense fumbling returned for a TD, special teams allowed a TD, and then two short-field situations.

GSU only had one drive longer than 50 yards.

Top Bottom