Should Faalele be starting?

Perhaps moving Andries to the other side wasn't such a good idea. Him and big Dan looked really good last year, now with Dunlop in that spot that side of the line isn't as strong right now.
Agreed, I think Dan Faelele needs Andries experience and communication in games right now. Dunlap could play left guard next to Schleuter, Sam doesn't need extra help, but Big Dan does. Wouldn't hurt big Dan to drop a few pounds to quicken up his feet either. Neither right guard or tackle playing great right now.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

My concern is that Faelele lacks the quickness to deal with stunts. He probably needs to lose some weight, get in better condition, and improve his blocking skills. I take some encouragement from the fact that the OL played well at the end of last season, and presumably they can do so again, but right now they are not there.

Daniel made PFFs All Big Ten second team for week 2 last week.

If you guys take the time to watch him on every play, at times he dominates his man and on most plays he is usually pretty solid and can get at least some push if not a lot. He has had 1-2 big mistakes each game but again, if you watch him on every play he also makes a lot of really good plays.

He has a very nice 4 play stretch at the 10:06 mark to 10:44, two of which ended up being pancakes

Last edited:

LOL, yeah I thought this after he got straight abused by a Sunbelt DE on that last drive. I shudder to think what Iowa's DL will do against us. That said, like much of the OL there's tons of raw talent there -- just no cohesiveness or consistency.

I would assume that the same protections won't be call vs Iowa or a superior DL/DE.

He's been under performing this year. I agree.

Top Bottom