Fleck Postgame

Somehow listening to a coach who's 3-6 in his last 9 games is better than listening to the coach of my favorite team who's 7-2 in his last 9 games.

Giving Credit where it is due....

1. 7-2 in last 9 games is a meaningful stat. Whereas “non-conference” record is not. I’d go with the 7-2 moving forward if I was you.

2. You completed this exchange without making up or misrepresenting what I or someone else said. Nice job. I’d suggest you try that approach more moving forward too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My guess is that many of those were near the end of games, when teams were desperate. Would never do it in the first half, with plenty of time left in the half.

Your guess is wrong. You didn't read the article and made a faulty assumption. The "4th down bot" actually advocates going for it 100% on 4th and 1, regardless of game situation, spot on the field, and time left in the game.

I think this staff has been outcoached 3 games in a row. This coaching staff is in a funk and needs to figure things out. Now.

Agreed but all three head coaches are winners. IMO, all should be moving up in the years ahead.

That's all you have? Now resorting to name calling? Talent still matters and Fleck has raised the talent on this team. You've admitted that yourself. When did I stop preaching talent rankings?

I guess I should be listening to more of Brohm's post game conferences. I should want to hear what a coach has to say after starting 1-2 in his 3rd season. Somehow listening to a coach who's 3-6 in his last 9 games is better than listening to the coach of my favorite team who's 7-2 in his last 9 games.
Speaking of talent 247sports has the Gopher's armchair QB's now ranked at 7th in the nation. The rating has been going up ever since the SDSU game.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

I didn't like the play call. I agree on that.

I also don't like our "rush to the line to get the short yardage play" because we seem to fail at that at an unusually high percentage for a short yardage play. If you want to do the "rush to the line" thing, it should be a QB sneak everytime. Not something out of a pistol or shotgun formation. It needs to be quick to hit the line.

Agree 100%

I enjoy coming to the board after games like this, pretty much for the reason of seeing the same cast of characters that seem to surface after games like this. High quality material, no doubt about it

I enjoy coming to the board after games like this, pretty much for the reason of seeing the same cast of characters that seem to surface after games like this. High quality material, no doubt about it

If you always come here after games like this then doesn’t that mean you are part of “the cast of characters” that always come here after games like this?

What coaches should say in post game interviews...

That was awesome. I really wonder a lot of times what people expect coaches to say in these post game interviews.

We are 3-0....hasn't been pretty and there is a lot to work on....but there are a lot of teams that would like to be where we are heading into conference season.

That was awesome. I really wonder a lot of times what people expect coaches to say in these post game interviews.

We are 3-0....hasn't been pretty and there is a lot to work on....but there are a lot of teams that would like to be where we are heading into conference season.

People seemed to be pissed that PJ doesn't do this, and one time he mentioned against Maryland he played a player who probably wasn't ready to the point educated Gopher fans knew it was Howden and now that's become a key example of PJ throwing players under the bus.

That player (Howden) has gone on to greatly improve and I believe has started every game since. (we was recruited as a walk-on).

So when there is a player issue, PJ is going to be damned no matter what he says. I'm not sure what the fans want him to say.

People seemed to be pissed that PJ doesn't do this, and one time he mentioned against Maryland he played a player who probably wasn't ready to the point educated Gopher fans knew it was Howden and now that's become a key example of PJ throwing players under the bus.

That player (Howden) has gone on to greatly improve and I believe has started every game since. (we was recruited as a walk-on).

So when there is a player issue, PJ is going to be damned no matter what he says. I'm not sure what the fans want him to say.

It may not be the same people FtF. I have an issue with the Presser after MD last year. I don’t with yesterday’s.

As for that one last year, it wasn’t nearly as innocent as you portray. PJ started by saying it was on him. He then said he was the one who put in a freshman not ready. He was the one who put in a freshman who couldn’t tackle. Then repeated it was on him. I don’t like throwing JH under the bus, but disliked the dishonesty in his whole statement even more. Yet, to this day, folks continue to post on here about how PJ always takes the blame for losses and bad play.

If the team is perceived to be doing poorly, it won't matter what a coach says to some folks.

The same folks would still be upset if they said the opposite.

When you're doing well everything sounds good, works similarly when it you're doing bad.

I don’t recall the exact wording but last year when the team was getting scorched by multiple explosive plays week in and week out in historic fashion one of the explanations was essentially we didn’t have the talent/players yet to play defense. That wasn’t totally true as something clearly clicked or changed as the season went into its 4th quarter. The details on that transformation remain a bit of a mystery. What will the Big Ten slate hold for 2019?

Go watch Brohms presser from today.

I did. What was unpredictable about it? It’s essentially what other coaches say. They may say it differently but in the end they don’t say anything we don’t already know for the most part.

Top Bottom