Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fleck Postgame

Blog Entries

Default Fleck Postgame

Quote Originally Posted by Deckergopher View Post
    Both of those teams choked.
    And ours DID NOT.[/QUOTE]

Our coaches choked and tried to piss three games now down their legs.

The boys did not choke, thank god.

They deserve better coaches. None of the past three games should have been close. We’ve been unprepared and have not adjusted to the circumstances of the game.

Our rushing average is abysmal given the lack of imagination in play calling AND the relatively weak defenses we’ve played.

We have’t played a B1G caliber defense or anything close to it and are averaging 2.6 yards per carry so far this season. That is 62% of our average for the whole of last season including the B1G season and bowl game. We’ll be facing real defense in 8 of the next 9 games.

No amount of BS coach speak “I believe in my guys” can make up for one of the dumbest play calls on an extremely risky 4th down on the 35 yard line which should have been a punt anyway given the lead we had.

But keep telling yourself that everything’s ok. We’re 3-0, which is great. The trends suggest we’re in trouble now that the competition will increase greatly in the coming weeks.

I’m sure this has all just been an elaborate ruse to dominate the Big Ten now that the conference season is here.

It certainly looks more like a second rate coach that is in way over his head, can’t keep coaches on his team and is more focused on what we’ll wear that how we play.

Oh, and keep telling yourself we’re their Super Bowl PJ. We had a weak non-con schedule and scraped three wins out over teams we have more talent than BY FAR. According to the team talent rankings at 247sports we (the 46th ranked team) were taken to the wire by the

83 (Fresno State)
    102 (Georgia Southern)
    And 209 (South Dakota State)

ranked teams based on talent.

The bad news? Rutgers, at 58th is the lowest ranked team we’ll face the rest of the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by caliGopher; 09-14-2019 at 10:13 PM.
    If we want to fix what happened, you need to fire Coyle and Kaler as well.

People are renewing. - Mark Coyle

Quote Originally Posted by PMWinSTP View Post
    Completely predictable.
    As is your post.

"Believes in his guys" is a good sound bite, but going for it on 4th and 1 there was the wrong decision. You could use that line to try to wallpaper over pretty much any situation where you made too aggressive of a decision. "Coach, why did you go for it on 4th and 18 inside your own five in the 1st quarter?" "You can blame that on me, but I believe in my guys."

Default Fleck Postgame

Quote Originally Posted by caliGopher View Post

Sent from my iPhone using My Ass
    Our coaches got their field goal blocked and returned for a touchdown and followed that up with a lost fumble for a TD within 2 minutes of each other late in the 4th quarter?

That’s the definition of choking.

Quote Originally Posted by Gold Vision View Post
    Our coaches got their field goal blocked and returned for a touchdown and followed that up with a lost fumble for a TD within 2 minutes of each other late in the 4th quarter?

So, you completely glossed over a bunch of bad decisions and lack of adjustments. OK.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bleedsmaroonandgold View Post
    "Believes in his guys" is a good sound bite, but going for it on 4th and 1 there was the wrong decision. You could use that line to try to wallpaper over pretty much any situation where you made too aggressive of a decision. "Coach, why did you go for it on 4th and 18 inside your own five in the 1st quarter?" "You can blame that on me, but I believe in my guys."
    Classic PJ - I’m responsible — while backhandedly blaming the players.

Not defending the coaching in any way, but to those complaining about going for it on 4th down, the math says you should essentially always go for in on 4th and less than 3: http://www.nytimes.com/newsgraphics/...owns/post.html

Default Fleck Postgame

And ours DID NOT.

They deserve better coaches. None of the past three games should have been close. We’ve been unprepared and have not adjusted to the circumstances of the game.

Our rushing average is abysmal given the lack of imagination in play calling AND the relatively weak defenses we’ve played.

We have’t played a B1G caliber defense or anything close to it and are averaging 2.6 yards per carry so far this season. That is 62% of our average for the whole of last season including the B1G season and bowl game. We’ll be facing real defense in 8 of the next 9 games.

No amount of BS coach speak “I believe in my guys” can make up for one of the dumbest play calls on an extremely risky 4th down on the 35 yard line which should have been a punt anyway given the lead we had.

But keep telling yourself that everything’s ok. We’re 3-0, which is great. The trends suggest we’re in trouble now that the competition will increase greatly in the coming weeks.

I’m sure this has all just been an elaborate ruse to dominate the Big Ten now that the conference season is here.

It certainly looks more like a second rate coach that is in way over his head, can’t keep coaches on his team and is more focused on what we’ll wear that how we play.

Oh, and keep telling yourself we’re their Super Bowl PJ. We had a weak non-con schedule and scraped three wins out over teams we have more talent than BY FAR. According to the team talent rankings at 247sports we (the 46th ranked team) were taken to the wire by the

83 (Fresno State)
    102 (Georgia Southern)

The bad news? Rutgers, at 58th is the lowest ranked team we’ll face the rest of the way.

Tremendous post.

BTW - no one is preaching talent rankings anymore. I wonder why?
    Consensus Top 25 Class, 4 of final 5, 80% underclassmen, Youngest Team, 2nd Youngest Team, Best Back-To-Back Classes Ever, 9 Scholarship Seniors, HS Teacher, 8-Hour Radius, Major Paycut

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gold Vision View Post

Well you showed me.

The coaches were perfect.

The players just suck. Got it.

Kind of like last year, until they didn’t?

"Lack of adjustments"?

What does that even mean?
    Well, we couldn't run the ball, so when we were down, we just kept running the ball? They didn't. They adjusted and passed the whole last drive.

Defensively what adjustments did you want them to make?
    GSU had 8 yards of offense in the second half.

Did you want them to "adjust more" so it would be 4 yards of Georgia Southern Offense?

Or did you want them to make an adjustment to not have FG's and Extra Points blocked? They adjusted on that after the blocked FG.

Did you want Tanner to adjust to not throw another pick? He did that.
    "Do Not Be Afraid to Be A Legend"

Classic PJ - I’m responsible — while backhandedly blaming the players.

“It’s my fault I played a Freshman who wasn’t ready and can’t tackle”.

Consensus Top 25 Class, 4 of final 5, 80% underclassmen, Youngest Team, 2nd Youngest Team, Best Back-To-Back Classes Ever, 9 Scholarship Seniors, HS Teacher, 8-Hour Radius, Major Paycut

Quote Originally Posted by PMWinSTP View Post
    Completely predictable.
    Just like 98% of the time in the history of coaches talking to the media.

Quote Originally Posted by GophersInIowa View Post
    Just like 98% of the time in the history of coaches talking to the media.
    Go watch Brohms presser from today.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoofin View Post
    Completely predictable.

Ditto

83 (Fresno State)
    102 (Georgia Southern)

Like who?