Fleck Postgame

Dano564

Fleck Superfan
Reaction score
Won with Culture, Character, and Courage

Didn't have Rodney, lost Kamal, Wiley.
Guys had to step in and play.

Have to play better but found a way to win.
Refusing to lose vs wanting to win.

That's refusing to lose.

Fleck takes blame for 4th and 1 but he believes in the guys.

Guys buckled down.
Blocked FG and the sack TD are bad.
Could have wrapped up the game again, but still won.
Have to get better.

Gaardsy asked about 3rd and 30.
Fleck said had to split it in half.

Get to goal line, run it.
Crowd boo'ed.
No need to worry, had two plays called.

Made so many mistakes, has to get better tonight.
EVERY MISTAKE STARTS WITH HIM
EVERY MISTAKE STARTS WITH HIM.

4 of their best players were down tonight.
Two emotional games back to back, now three.
Bye week is at a good time.
Need to self-scout.

Tanner
Said last week he is a winner.
DITTO.

Whiffed on protections.
Not a senior out there on the line.
Need to get better.

Defense was average at half.
Better second half.

Lot of guys worked through injury.
Guys eyes were in right spot.
Got a lot of different looks. Not a ton of film, and they are really good. (32-8). Two champs and a team that made the semi-finals. We haven't been to a final in years.

It's a start, not the end result, but we are beating some Champion teams.

Rest, health, self-scout, next Purdue.
We are where we want to be. 3-0.

RTB, Ski-u-mah, go gophers. Thanks to the fans who stuck with is to make it tough on GSU.

I think this staff has been outcoached 3 games in a row. This coaching staff is in a funk and needs to figure things out. Now.

That's refusing to lose.

Guys buckled down.
Have to get better.

Crowd boo'ed.

Need to self-scout.

Tanner
DITTO.

Whiffed on protections.
Need to get better.

Better second half.

Got a lot of different looks. Not a ton of film, and they are really good. (32-8). Two champs and a team that made the semi-finals. We haven't been to a final in years.

RTB, Ski-u-mah, go gophers. Thanks to the fans who stuck with is to make it tough on GSU.

Thanks for your notes. Did they mention Ibrahim's status at all?

I think this staff has been outcoached 3 games in a row. This coaching staff is in a funk and needs to figure things out. Now.

Hmmm....I wouldn’t say that about the Fresno game.

Also...I’m not sure I’d be giving the GSU coaching staff a bunch of credit for today’s game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's refusing to lose.

Guys buckled down.
Have to get better.

Crowd boo'ed.

Need to self-scout.

Tanner
DITTO.

Whiffed on protections.
Need to get better.

Better second half.

When I listened to this after the game, it almost sounded in Fleck's voice like even he didn't believe in what he was saying...that he was trapped in a schtick he has created and has to keep up now

Also...I’m not sure I’d be giving the GSU coaching staff a bunch of credit for today’s game.

I was there, and I would. Zero adjustments. Like today and SDSU. That's on coaching.

We have new coaches on both sides of the ball. They still have to mesh with each other. 3 wins with new coaches is not bad.

I was there, and I would. Zero adjustments. Like today and SDSU. That's on coaching.

I think if we checked we'd find KC still sitting in his seat calling inside zone. No amount of 1 yard gains is enough to satisfy KC.

At least our coaching staff knows enough to not run into a ref during play.

That may be true, but the Fresno staff thought they drew up the perfect play in OT, and we saw the result. I’m not saying our staff was stellar, but I can’t really give the Fresno staff credit for losing a game they probably should have won. Same goes for GSU’s staff. Both of those teams choked.

Both of those teams choked.

And ours DID NOT.[/QUOTE]

Our coaches choked and tried to piss three games now down their legs.

The boys did not choke, thank god.

They deserve better coaches. None of the past three games should have been close. We’ve been unprepared and have not adjusted to the circumstances of the game.

Our rushing average is abysmal given the lack of imagination in play calling AND the relatively weak defenses we’ve played.

We have’t played a B1G caliber defense or anything close to it and are averaging 2.6 yards per carry so far this season. That is 62% of our average for the whole of last season including the B1G season and bowl game. We’ll be facing real defense in 8 of the next 9 games.

No amount of BS coach speak “I believe in my guys” can make up for one of the dumbest play calls on an extremely risky 4th down on the 35 yard line which should have been a punt anyway given the lead we had.

But keep telling yourself that everything’s ok. We’re 3-0, which is great. The trends suggest we’re in trouble now that the competition will increase greatly in the coming weeks.

I’m sure this has all just been an elaborate ruse to dominate the Big Ten now that the conference season is here.

It certainly looks more like a second rate coach that is in way over his head, can’t keep coaches on his team and is more focused on what we’ll wear that how we play.

Oh, and keep telling yourself we’re their Super Bowl PJ. We had a weak non-con schedule and scraped three wins out over teams we have more talent than BY FAR. According to the team talent rankings at 247sports we (the 46th ranked team) were taken to the wire by the

83 (Fresno State)
102 (Georgia Southern)
And 209 (South Dakota State)

ranked teams based on talent.

The bad news? Rutgers, at 58th is the lowest ranked team we’ll face the rest of the way.

Last edited:

"Believes in his guys" is a good sound bite, but going for it on 4th and 1 there was the wrong decision. You could use that line to try to wallpaper over pretty much any situation where you made too aggressive of a decision. "Coach, why did you go for it on 4th and 18 inside your own five in the 1st quarter?" "You can blame that on me, but I believe in my guys."

Sent from my iPhone using My Ass

Our coaches got their field goal blocked and returned for a touchdown and followed that up with a lost fumble for a TD within 2 minutes of each other late in the 4th quarter?

That’s the definition of choking.

Our coaches got their field goal blocked and returned for a touchdown and followed that up with a lost fumble for a TD within 2 minutes of each other late in the 4th quarter?

So, you completely glossed over a bunch of bad decisions and lack of adjustments. OK.

"Believes in his guys" is a good sound bite, but going for it on 4th and 1 there was the wrong decision. You could use that line to try to wallpaper over pretty much any situation where you made too aggressive of a decision. "Coach, why did you go for it on 4th and 18 inside your own five in the 1st quarter?" "You can blame that on me, but I believe in my guys."

Classic PJ - I’m responsible — while backhandedly blaming the players.

And ours DID NOT.

They deserve better coaches. None of the past three games should have been close. We’ve been unprepared and have not adjusted to the circumstances of the game.

Our rushing average is abysmal given the lack of imagination in play calling AND the relatively weak defenses we’ve played.

We have’t played a B1G caliber defense or anything close to it and are averaging 2.6 yards per carry so far this season. That is 62% of our average for the whole of last season including the B1G season and bowl game. We’ll be facing real defense in 8 of the next 9 games.

No amount of BS coach speak “I believe in my guys” can make up for one of the dumbest play calls on an extremely risky 4th down on the 35 yard line which should have been a punt anyway given the lead we had.

But keep telling yourself that everything’s ok. We’re 3-0, which is great. The trends suggest we’re in trouble now that the competition will increase greatly in the coming weeks.

I’m sure this has all just been an elaborate ruse to dominate the Big Ten now that the conference season is here.

It certainly looks more like a second rate coach that is in way over his head, can’t keep coaches on his team and is more focused on what we’ll wear that how we play.

Oh, and keep telling yourself we’re their Super Bowl PJ. We had a weak non-con schedule and scraped three wins out over teams we have more talent than BY FAR. According to the team talent rankings at 247sports we (the 46th ranked team) were taken to the wire by the

83 (Fresno State)
102 (Georgia Southern)

The bad news? Rutgers, at 58th is the lowest ranked team we’ll face the rest of the way.

Tremendous post.

BTW - no one is preaching talent rankings anymore. I wonder why?

Well you showed me.

The coaches were perfect.

The players just suck. Got it.

Kind of like last year, until they didn’t?

"Lack of adjustments"?

What does that even mean?
Well, we couldn't run the ball, so when we were down, we just kept running the ball? They didn't. They adjusted and passed the whole last drive.

Defensively what adjustments did you want them to make?
GSU had 8 yards of offense in the second half.

Did you want them to "adjust more" so it would be 4 yards of Georgia Southern Offense?

Or did you want them to make an adjustment to not have FG's and Extra Points blocked? They adjusted on that after the blocked FG.

Did you want Tanner to adjust to not throw another pick? He did that.

Classic PJ - I’m responsible — while backhandedly blaming the players.

“It’s my fault I played a Freshman who wasn’t ready and can’t tackle”.

83 (Fresno State)
102 (Georgia Southern)

Like who?

Top Bottom